Update hackintosh 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 and 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 INTEL ONLY

Dr. Hurt

471 posts in this topic

Just installed osx for the first time and updated to 10.4.9 and it works great.. however I am having trouble understanding this part:

2) Open your update DMG and open the .pkg with pacifist.

3) Select system>library>extensions>system.kext (ONLY THIS KEXT) and click install.

I opened macosxupd.10.4.9intel.dmg file with pacifist and when I expand the .pkg file there is no systems folder in the package.. am I missing any steps..?.. :2cents:

Help! I following your steps(first two steps, didn't update the kernel yet), before restart the system, everything looks fine. but when I restart the system, I had a normal gray starting screen then the to blue screen, the blue screen doesn't have log in users accounts as before, the blue screen freeze now. how can I get it right. thank you!

Help! I following your steps(first two steps, didn't update the kernel yet), before restart the system, everything looks fine. but when I restart the system, I had a normal gray starting screen then the to blue screen, the blue screen doesn't have log in users accounts as before, the blue screen freeze now. how can I get it right. thank you!

Hey,

I hope you meant you followed the first 9 steps...

It sounds like something went wrong during install... Are you certain you followed all steps completely? I've used this method a few times now, and each time it's worked wonders. I sometimes have to restart 4-5 times after installing the update before being able to boot properly.

What happens when you log into single user mode? [adding the -s flag to boot]

Just installed osx for the first time and updated to 10.4.9 and it works great.. however I am having trouble understanding this part:

2) Open your update DMG and open the .pkg with pacifist.

3) Select system>library>extensions>system.kext (ONLY THIS KEXT) and click install.

I opened macosxupd.10.4.9intel.dmg file with pacifist and when I expand the .pkg file there is no systems folder in the package.. am I missing any steps..?.. :(

Hmm.... the several times I installed this update, i found the system.kext quite easily. Today, i searched for it following the provided steps and couldn't find it either. I did however find it doing the following:

• Open MacOSXUpd10.4.9Intel.dmg with Pacifist.
  • Select MacOSXUpd10.4.9Intel.pkg and select 'Extract to' and choose a folder of your likings. Extract the files.
  • Now navigate to the folder you extracted the files to. Go into Contents -> Resources and open MacOSXUpd10.4.9Intel.pax.gz with Pacifist.
  • Here you can find the System.kext in the location indicated by Ahmad [system->Library->Extensions->System.kext]
  • Follow the remaining steps in Ahmad's guide [Don't forget to actually install the System.kext, hehe :gun:]

Hope this helps ;)

Don't forget to delete the extracted files, since you won't be needing them any more.

I extracted the file and found the system.kext.. do I manually copy the file in terminal or I still use pacifist to install the file..

I guess either method will work. I'd personally still follow the instructions in the guide and use pacifist to install it, it's easy enough, and it works :thumbsup_anim:

Greetings!

hi,

i have Jas 10.4.8 installed and followed all steps exactly for update without new kernel:

i copied and paste the code, so there should be no failure

i tried two times, the 2nd time with a fresh installation

but after i reboot the pc boots until the screen gets blue but then it hangs

i also tried in safe mode and verbose mode but no info where the problem i

i have core duo and intel 950 chip and 10.4.8 works without problems (dualcore deactivated in bios)

any ideas?

thanks, eduke

finally i ot it to work

just had to install the gma950 package from the jas 10.4.8 cd before rebooting

mybe you cann add this to your guide because theres only gma900 mentioned

greetz

finally i ot it to work

just had to install the gma950 package from the jas 10.4.8 cd before rebooting

mybe you cann add this to your guide because theres only gma900 mentioned

greetz

ah, there may be the same problem I had. will follow your extra step of installing gma950 package. finally somebody who figured it out. thank you.

tgd

is thw 10.4.9 version with new kernel well working?? I have 10.4.8 jas ppf1ppf2 but I'd like to upgrade.. I will install creative xfi audio card.. will it function 5.1? thanks

10.4.9+8.9.1 is working without a glitch [at least for me]; i've been using it for a good few weeks now. I upgraded from 10.4.8 JaS ppf1+ppf2 as well, so as long as you follow all steps exactly as indicated, you shouldn't have any problems.

As for the sound card, i've only heard the external x-fi working in OSX [the Xmod, which works fully without driver installation, apparently... see here for more info, or search around the forums a bit more, it'll all end up in the same conclusion, ^^] . If you're thinking of using OSX as your primary OS, stay away from internal X-fi's :)

I'm update using the tutorial without new kernel. It can boot fine, but in my "System Profiler->Hardware" description is "There was an error while gathering this information." Anybody now how to fix this problem? Thank you in advance.

Search for colonels system profiler patch.

10.4.9+8.9.1 is working without a glitch [at least for me]; i've been using it for a good few weeks now. I upgraded from 10.4.8 JaS ppf1+ppf2 as well, so as long as you follow all steps exactly as indicated, you shouldn't have any problems.

As for the sound card, i've only heard the external x-fi working in OSX [the Xmod, which works fully without driver installation, apparently... see here for more info, or search around the forums a bit more, it'll all end up in the same conclusion, ^^] . If you're thinking of using OSX as your primary OS, stay away from internal X-fi's :blink:

can you link me the exact page that explain how to update to 10.4.9?

I've already bought an internal xfi.. I will use it in win xp!

and.. I'd like to know if it's possible to install and use macosx86 on ich8 sata port (I have a gigabyte ds3, but it works only on jmicron sata and I need them for win raid) thanks

can you link me the exact page that explain how to update to 10.4.9?
Umm... the first post in this topic? i.e. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=45283

I've already bought an internal xfi.. I will use it in win xp!
damn... replied too late... i wonder how good those Xmods are in comparisson with the X-fi's. My brother has a sweet X-fi+creative Z-5500 speaker setup, so i know from experience that X-fi's are nice, too bad there's no OSX support, else i'd probably consider getting one...

and.. I'd like to know if it's possible to install and use macosx86 on ich8 sata port (I have a gigabyte ds3, but it works only on jmicron sata and I need them for win raid) thanks
I have no clue about this, sorry... Have you searched the forums about this? If you don't find anything on this, make a new topic asking :whistle:

It worked pretty well; thanks!

Just have two problems, I've installed it on my Laptop, but now the Battery status indicator is gone and also the ability to swich profiles at the Energy Saver thingy in system prefs. How to solve this? It's an AMD Turion x64 52 (2 cores). Tried to put the Powermanagementintelapplethingy back, but then I wasn't able to boot. Luckily, I could delete the file again via the terminal on the installation dvd.

Second: It doesn't boot all the time! Sometimes it's getting stuck after the grey apple bootup icon, then I'm getting a black screen with a 1px heigh grey horizontal line across the screen (about 1/3 from the bottom).

Any solution would be great, thanks!