Update hackintosh 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 and 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 INTEL ONLY

Dr. Hurt

471 posts in this topic

Doesn't work for me?? I can update to 10.4.9 fine with my old kernel, but when I update the new kernel it doesn't boot, after saying 'Loading Darwin' where it usually show the apple and the spinning circle it just restarts over and over.

I have a p4 HT, with JaS 10.4.8, 1.5gig of ram. Anybody know why it's doing that?

I have this SAME problem. Help? What did I do wrong? Something said something about super user? what?

do anyboady have the loginwindow.app (10.4.8).

i make a mistake while upgrading to 10.4.9 at the copy loginwindow.app/ / (it should be "cp -R /..../loginwindow.app /") , if i click the "about this mac" it turns out to logout.

pls anybody can give me the loginwindow.app (10.4.8 version) ?? thx.

everything works normal and almost perfect except the "about this mac"

i just wanna try it if i replace the new one with the older (10.4.8)

thanks i really appreciate it.

thanks

ps:

after i upgrade to 10.4.9 . i've try install the safari 3beta and the newest quicktime and it works.

---

ok i reinstalled again and upgraded to 10.4.9 . and the result like this

post-71163-1183858866_thumb.png:

2) Open your update DMG and open the .pkg with pacifist.

3) Select system>library>extensions>system.kext (ONLY THIS KEXT) and click install.

where is it??????

is that two the same place?????

Eek! When I followed this guide (on the 10.4.8 tubgirl release), the IntelCPU kext was causing bootup kernel panics. I deleted it in windows with macdrive, and it booted just fine. But after the titan driver messages, and diskarb crashing a few times, all of the sudden a stream of SIGSEV 0's attack my screen. I don't even have enough time to type anything into the shell prompt that appears! Help me please.

Hi, I've installed the update (not the kernal yet) and it installed fine, everything is working apart from my ATI drivers. I have an ATI X1650Pro PCI-e

The problem is i cannot change resolution, there is only one option available which is 1024x768. I've read through the topic and I cannot find a solution. Could any body help? Was i supposed to do something I missed?

(I've tried to reinstall the drivers as well)

Thanks

3) Select system>library>extensions>system.kext (ONLY THIS KEXT) and click install.

where is it??????

I answered this a few pages back. Try searching for 'system.kext' in this thread, hopefully it will allow you to find my post quickly.

where is it??????

Make sure you "pacify" the .pkg and not the .dmg.

It worked for me like a charm. The only gripe was that after the 10.4.9 update (without kernel) the system seemed to take forever to boot but it did nicely after a while.

The updated kernel is also working great. THANKS A MILLION for your hours of dedcation to all people responsible for the update. After trying OSX my next computer is going to be a mac all the way.

hi ahmad

im follwed your steps,while using delta update my system freeze to restart screen,and than i restart my machine i got a kernal panic/ no driver ACPI some error.im trying to reinstall jas 10.4.8 install dvd but the same error is happen. i cant reinstall os

what to do? what goes wrong? how to fix it?

help me

thanks

Hi,

I just wanted to say that the lines

cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleACPIplatform.kext /
cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleAPIC.kext /

before installing and

cp -R /AppleACPIplatform.kext /system/library/extensions/
cp -R /AppleAPIC.kext /system/library/extensions/

after installing, are not necessary and have made my laptop have a kernel panic with a driver ACPI error.

I have been obliged to reinstall all without theses lines. :(

Thanks,

@++

I updated to 10.4.9 but I got a kernel panic after I updated the kernel. I looked at the instructions and I was wondering how do I restore the old kernel, but wasn't able to follow. Am I supposed to do that from the install DVD or from -s option?

sudo -s

rm -rf /mach_kernel

cp -R /old /mach_kernel

When you get a Kernel panic, simply restore your OS by pressing F8 during the booting process, then type "old" without the ", it will take some time an then OSX will be up again.

Then just follow these steps (use the terminal)

sudo -s

rm -rf /mach_kernel

cp -R /old /mach_kernel

I, myself, still have the problem of my core duo not being recognized correctly, I'm still only getting "3 GHz Intel Core Solo" displayed.

(which, for example, results in not being able to edit HD Video, because everything gets stuttery and the sound is quite wierd somehow)

When you get a Kernel panic, simply restore your OS by pressing F8 during the booting process, then type "old" without the ", it will take some time an then OSX will be up again.

Then just follow these steps (use the terminal)

sudo -s

rm -rf /mach_kernel

cp -R /old /mach_kernel

I, myself, still have the problem of my core duo not being recognized correctly, I'm still only getting "3 GHz Intel Core Solo" displayed.

(which, for example, results in not being able to edit HD Video, because everything gets stuttery and the sound is quite wierd somehow)

ok im about to try this =\ im so pissed! hope this helps me restore

boot flag with old isnt working for me at all! its driving me nuts. i hold f8 and i type in old and hit enter and nothing happens, im still stuck at the gray apple screen...help! lol

i now have access to my mac installation in windows, how can i go back and uninstall this update thing since it bricked my system??? :)

while looking at my install in windows, it seems as if the kexts i modified were backed up in the root directory of my installation because im seeing all the kext files here appleacpiplatform. appleapic, applesmbios, ioatafamily, loginwindow, and the system kext. should i copy these over to my system directory to get back to where i started?

ok i went ahead and and copied the files over due to impaitence and im getting hard drive activity now at the gray apple logo screen but still no boot. so i booted with -v and my last line was

(73: coreservicesd)tfp: failed on 0:

after this fail i loose all hard drive activity..

think im giving up on the mac project until october and the release of leopard