Update hackintosh 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 and 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 INTEL ONLY

Dr. Hurt

471 posts in this topic

it worked! thanks, i needed it to sync my ipod touch.

one thing, i used the uphuck 10.4.9 1.4i dvd for installation, and i have the netgear WG311T wireless network adapter(which was recognized as airport)

The network card didn't work after the update, so i found the IO80211family.kext and IONetworkingfamily.kext from my extensions backup folder. I proceeded to replace the new ones with my previous ones, then i ran a repair permissions. That made the network card work. Hope that helps anyone with the WG311T.

I don't have a before screenshot, but a have an after:post-132454-1198782516_thumb.png

Just installed everthing again today(I got a new Hard Drive for Christmas)

EDIT: Oh, and I HAD to remove appleintelCPUpowermanagement.kext with my core 2.

Worked like a charm your guide!

Im running an 775i65gv asrock motherboard, with nvidia graphics fx5200, using the JAS dvd 10.4.8 SS2 & SS3 patch ver.

Everything works as expected but ppc apps(dont work at all) and the volume control.

I even installed office 2008 beta and photoshop cs3! and worked pretty good.

By the way i quad boot, xp sp2,vista ultimate premium,ubuntu gutsy, and of course osx tiger.

I was wondering if its safe to go from my current 10.4.9 yo 10.4.10 using the exact same steps or whats different(files???)

Can I use this method to update my jas 10.4.8 (8.8.1) install to 10.4.9 and then to 10.4.10 without updating the kernel? I'm afraid updating the kernel will cause problems and really only want to upgrade so that I can use iwork 08 ha.

Btw I have a gateway 450sx4 laptop, intel 845mz mobo, pentium 4 1.83 ghz, 512mb ram, ati radeon mobility 7000 (m6p). It's a horrible computer I know, but this is just an old laptop i'm messing with here...

Thanks for any help,

matt

I'm in the same bout as mlmorg. Got an SSE2 Pentium M and I'd like to know if I could do the 8 to 9 and then the 9 to 10. Also, what are the advantages of doing so? Are there any programs that I won't be able to run as 10.4.8? For example, I'm hesitent to update anything such as iTunes from 7.3 to 7.5 even for fear that it won't work. Is this true or am I just being paranoid?

hey, so i have the Jas 10.4.8 AMD in my computer and eveything works cool.

my question is:

in the tutorial, do i install the 10.4.9 update package and then do the other steps, and finally when i am done i can restart. and then i have the option of updating the kernal?

oh, one more problem. i have an Abit AN8-32x board and it has nForce 4, i was wondering... my mouse and keyboard freezes when my computer boots up. i unplug the keyboard, i plug it back in, i unplug my mouse and plug it back in and it works. is there a way i can fix this?

and one more thing. i would like to know of a disc or a way i can make my disc have sata support for nforce 4 and i can possibly dual boot.

grassy ass.

Well, I've got a question.

I've got Intel JaS Mac 10.4.8 with SSE2.

Well, In the installation, i DID NOT install the GMA900 or GMA950.

The mac works great.

In this update, Shuld i install GMA900 or GMA950 if in the last installation it wasn't needed?

P.S.

When i did try to install with GMA900 it didn't work, so i'm not sure what to do..

My graphics card is Intel 915GM.

Thanks =]

@mlmorg

i'm using JaS 10.4.8 and just upgrade to 10.4.9 without updating kernel. seem's have no problem. yea, the only reason i update to 10.4.9 is to get iLife n Office 08. now i'm planning to update to 10.4.10 to get iWork08 on my MacPC :D

@funkmasta

you can't install iLife 08 n Office 08. at least need 10.4.9. iWork 08 need 10.4.10.

doh, now i'm stuck with my intel pro 100/ve which is work on 10.4.8 before i update to 10.4.9. is it because i didn't update my kernel? have no IRC client nor account/register nick. any wise guy who can point me where to download it? hehehe,

I had to update from 10.4.9 so I could use my iPod touch. The update went fine, very good tutorial.

However now my wireless card doesn't work. Before it worked fine and now I can't seem to get it to work again. I have no idea what to do. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I should do?

It really sucks because I can't go on youtube with my touch or even upgrade the firmware for it. I can't even jailbreak it which is the only reason I bought it. I'm glad I can use safari on it though because at least I can ask for help!

Well thanks in advance and I hope this can be solved somewhat easily.

-Brian

EDIT: got it to work! I had the right idea just not the right files.

Fist at all, thank you for the guide.

It's works partially for me. I do the 10.4.8. to 10.4.9 update painless following the guide, but when I tried to uprade the Kernel I got kernel panic (I did't forget to erase the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext). I try this update on my Laptop with SS2 cpu (Pentium M 760). Any ideas?

Alright,

I did everything and as I held down the powerbutton, i thought to myself "{censored}, the permissions".

Now, the computer is hanging on a blue screen a loginwindow issue, or a Permissions error? Should I reinstall (There are no files or data at stake).

Thanks!

-Alex

I have JaS 10.4.8 installed and I can't open pacifist. I drag the file into applications, and try to start it up, but it doesn't do anything when I click on it. Also when I try this guide I can't seem to change the Kernel, it says "illegal action". All I want to to be able to install Logic Studio 8, I've been troubling shooting this {censored} for a week now and I have no sucess. Can someone please help me? Also, the version my osx says is 10.4.1 I don't get it.... this just doesn't make any sense.. and no one seems to be having this problem...MyI have also tried updating with the JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3 and all it does is appears its installing properly and by the end it says that the installation didn't install sucessfully and I need to try installing it again. After all that my pc won't restart and I can't open anything, then when I manually restart mac osx is crashed and just keeps restarting. This is such a mess... I really hope someone can help.

hardware specs are

ASUS P5GPL Intel i915PL

Chipset: North Bridge: Intel Grantsdale i915PL, South Bridge: Intel 82801FB ICH6

Intel Pentium 4 530, 3GHz

1GB Corsair CMX512-3200C2

2x 500GB

1x 250GB

1x 160GB

7900GS 256MB 

Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Realtek ALC880(D) + Firebox

I have everything working except my ethernet card

But I can't install anything I want.

Hello, my problem is, that i've downloaded the SSE2 8.9.1 kernel from irc.. (1 jul 2007 ToH), but i get a kernel panic, it doesn't matter, if i delete, the AppleIntel...kext any ideas why is that? (same happens with 23 aug 2007 ToH kernel as well)

thank you!

btw, i'm running 10.4.9 on a hp nc8230, with a Dothan CPU.

Weird things going on.. Now i've successfully updated the kernel. but with the new kernel, 8.9.1 I can't open .dmg files (it works, with the old, 8.8.1 kernel), yes i've backed up the kexts, so thats not the problem...

Nother problem: If i click on About this mac - more info, the system profiler starts then exits... any idea?

thank you!

Here's the answer to your problem about dmg files Sumi:

To be able to open dmg files you have to have the same version of the kernel and of the System.kext kernel extension located in your /System/Library/Extensions folder

Hope this helps,