Update hackintosh 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 and 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 INTEL ONLY

Dr. Hurt

471 posts in this topic

Try sending a pm to Colonel? His profile: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showuser=21986 Otherwise, I think you can find it on demonoid, if you have an account [which i don't :(].

I finally got it work, after fresh install and update using page 1. But thanks for the advise.

(help) @ TS or all

After update 10.4.9 everything seem to be working fine, except my K750i still won't mount if I connect using USB Cable. When I was using 10.4.8 (eGwan patch) it didn't worked either, but it worked in 10.4.7. Anyone could give me solution? Thanks in advance.

Finally got it work after fresh install using Paulicat method.

Doesn’t work for me?? I can update to 10.4.9 fine with my old kernel, but when I update the new kernel it doesn’t boot, after saying 'Loading Darwin' where it usually show the apple and the spinning circle it just restarts over and over.

I have a p4 HT, with JaS 10.4.8, 1.5gig of ram. Anybody know why it’s doing that?

First to say: THANK YOU!!!

I followed your guide exactly WITHOUT updating the kernel, and BANG! 10.4.9 on amd (thanks to tubgirl)

The first boot was pretty slow, some errors appeared, something about diskarb not being able...dunno. The message looped a couple of times but the desktop started.

Here is what i used:

tubgirl 10.4.8 FINAL, patched with medevil nf4 sata

this is a great ISO, everything worked out of the box, except SMB, wich i still have to fix...

upgraded with

tubgirl 10.4.9 DELTA (MacOSXUpd10.4.9Intel.pkg)

the hardware is:

Asus A8N-SLI SE

Radeon X1300 64MB VRAM (QE/CI)

X2 4200+

2GB RAM DDR

HDD: SEAGATE 160GB wNCQ

after update everything works except iCal, but there is a fix on the forums. Up and running, FCS2 appears to work :thumbsdown_anim:

I have to say, this method did not work for me either. I had a very curious problem that at least a dozen other people have reported. When Mac OS X is loading up, I get the BSOD (please restart your computer) at the grey screen with spinning circle.

I investigated and found out it is a nvidia driver problem. I then booted into windows and used macdrive to copy all the NV* files I had backed up to /System/Library/Extensions

LESSON TO LEARN: ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR ENTIRE /System/Library/Extensions FOLDER!

Removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext made my cpu temp go >70°C and the fan was working hard and very loud. Re-added the kext and system was silent again.

I think removing that kext ins only for NON Core 2 DUO (Intel P4, AMD, Celeron).

[i'm completely new at this] I followed the step above, once after installed the update, all the codes I put into the original terminal always have a "permission denied" after executed. I'm not sure if I was suppose to open a new terminal or use the same one from before.

When restarting, it reboot for more than 10 times over and over again. I didn't even get it to boot-up.

Also could someone provide the laster kernel? I don't have "colloquy" and can't seem to get the lastest kernel + the fact that my sound & network doesn't work.

System: Sony Vaio VGC-RA710

P4 3.2 GHz

1.5 Gig RAM

250 Gig HD

(Want to run Jas 10.4.9 using the SS3 patch)

Will try to reinstall OS X all over again....after feedback from all you guys. Thanks in advance.

[i'm completely new at this] I followed the step above, once after installed the update, all the codes I put into the original terminal always have a "permission denied" after executed. I'm not sure if I was suppose to open a new terminal or use the same one from before.

You simply forgot to type 'sudo -s' and then your password in Terminal before typing any of those commands [once only]... This step is needed as you need SuperUser(/Administrator) rights to modify any system files. I think you may have opened a new Terminal in step 5, instead of working with the Terminal you should have left open [step 2], which would have prevented this problem as well, tho you say otherwise :rolleyes: Remember that on OS X, as on other Linux distributions, you need super user rights to modify system files, which is what 'sudo -s' -> password is for.

When restarting, it reboot for more than 10 times over and over again. I didn't even get it to boot-up.

That's because it wasn't able to execute all the commands as a superuser.

Also could someone provide the laster kernel? I don't have "colloquy" and can't seem to get the lastest kernel + the fact that my sound & network doesn't work.

Just use a computer with working internet and get yourself an IRC client on that computer, like mIRC under Windows, GAIM under Linux, ... and then download the kernel. Just use Google to help you find a IRC client, then go to the indicated 

hannel and download the instructed file. It's better to do this yourself than have someone do the 'hard work' for you, this way you learn it for yourself and won't have to rely [as much] on other people in the future...

I think the update should work fine on your comp, we have similar specs... Just make sure you follow all steps exactly as instructed and you shouldn't have a problem :)

First I would like to say thank you for your 10.4.9 update method!

I have a Dell Latitude C640 with a linksys 54G wireless card, I performed the steps as you indicated. Rebooted - it took about 5 minutes for my system to come back up. Video was fine, Everything else worked except my wireless. I replaced a few kext files and now wireless is working again. For me, adding the following was needed for wireless.

cp -R /system/library/extensions/IOACPIFamily.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/IOPCCardFamily.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext /

After running delta installer

cp -R /IOACPIFamily.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /IOPCCardFamily.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /IOPCIFamily.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /IONetworkingFamily.kext /system/library/extensions/

Thanks again!

Anybody know from which version he's mentioning adding the following to get the wireless card to work? I have the same laptop and I figure he found a way to get the PCMIA slots working.

Anybody know from which version he's mentioning adding the following to get the wireless card to work? I have the same laptop and I figure he found a way to get the PCMIA slots working.

Try sending him a personal message? Or search the forums for posts by him, I guess...

Try sending him a personal message? Or search the forums for posts by him, I guess...

Thanks for the suggestion, he only has 3 posts and was last seen May 17th which makes my task a bit harder :/. I did some research and apparently this thread came into question:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=36437&hl=

Anyone can better explain how I do what's posted over there? Or have any idea what version files he's referring to in the post I mentioned? I think it might be 10.4.5, or I don't know really. Thanks for any help I can get, I really want to get this working on my C640 :P

Thanks for the info.

I used your tutorial to the t.

But I after I got the my system updated to 10.4.9 including the kernel.

I went ahead and used the system updater.

But what I did before I did that I backed up the system files

Just like what we did in the begining which was.

cp /mach_kernel /old

cp -R /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app /

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext /

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIplatform.kext /

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAPIC.kext /

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext /

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext /

then I did the system update.

and the Mac os updater said that It had 8 new installs

so I told it to download and install them.

after it installed them.

it told me to reboot .

I waited until I could copy the files that I backed up before running the Mac OS X updater.

Just like we did after the 10.4.9 update.

cp /old /mach_kernel

cp -R /loginwindow.app /System/Library/CoreServices/

cp -R /AppleSMBIOS.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R /AppleACPIplatform.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R /AppleAPIC.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R /IOATAFamily.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R /System.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.*

I made sure that I fix the permisions with the disk utility.

And then rebooted.

After I rebooted I ran the Updater again and it said that I had 2 more items that

needed to be installed.

They were two of the updates that it did just before the reboot and so,

I let it update.

Now the system is updated 100% and my wireless internet is quite a bit faster with the Airport extreme update.

Well I would like to say thank you to all of the people that are working hard on

Getting OSX86 working well, including ofcource the writer of this tutorial

Thank you very much.

Hi guys,

the update method worked fine for me too, except for two issues.

1) I lost the battery indicator in the menu bar...

I did backup and replace the PowerManagement.bundle with the version from 10.4.8 but still no luck.

Also removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext has no effect.

Any other suggestions?

2) My IOPCCardFamily driver stoped detecting my PCMCIA motorola Wifi card which is 100% compatible with IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext and was working fine in 10.4.6/10.4.8

I had to tweak the IOPCCardFamily driver using the method described on this guide to make it work for 10.4.6/10.4.8:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...&pid=206566

grateful for any ideas you guys might have..,

tuxx

hi well this is really stupid.....

i've done this update on my friends houses and it whent realy great

but i've never updated my self (it wasn´t realy necessary)

now i´ve dessided to update and i {censored}ed my pc

i´ve forgot to backup system.kext and the old kernel i´ve restarded afer updating to the new the pc without replaysing system.kext from 10.4.9

now i get a kernel panic

if someone upload system.kext from 10.4.9 to rapidshare or something like that whoud be very nice :(

thanks

(sorry for my english)

hi well this is really stupid.....

i've done this update on my friends houses and it whent realy great

but i've never updated my self (it wasn´t realy necessary)

now i´ve dessided to update and i {censored}ed my pc

i´ve forgot to backup system.kext and the old kernel i´ve restarded afer updating to the new the pc without replaysing system.kext from 10.4.9

now i get a kernel panic

if someone upload system.kext from 10.4.9 to rapidshare or something like that whoud be very nice :(

thanks

(sorry for my english)

Wait...you're saying that using the System.kext from 10.4.9, you get a kernel panic...so you need the one from 10.4.8, right? I posted it here, if you need it; bear in mind you may run in to the same problem I did with mounting DMGs...

...if you're really asking for the System.kext from 10.4.9, I attached that here too.

-eli b.

system.kext.zip

System.kext_1049.zip

You guys have to do some research before asking questions.

Kexts (or kernel extensions) are put in the /System/Library/Extensions folder

You should unzip the zip file you downloaded and put it in that directory.

Then, do this in the Terminal (this changes the permissions of the file to the correct ones):

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext
sudo chmod 755 /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext
sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.*

And then restart the computer and hope for the best. If you're replacing an existing kext, make sure you back that one up somewhere...there should be a guide on these types of commands somewhere, they're kind of essential...

EDIT: check out this thread for more Terminal commands.

...aaldere, what are you asking? If the kext works on AMD, or if this update works on AMD?

Hi

I Installed a 10.4.8 clean install, and after that started updating to 10.4.9.

Works perfect.

Then I started to upgrade the kernel, and now I get a kernel panic at boot. I think I screwed up by executing the following command:

rm -rf /system/library/extensions.*

I didn't do the rm -rf /system/library/extensions/appleintelCPUpowermanagement.kext command, so either I shouldn't have deleted the extensions.* or I should have deleted CPUpowermanagement also.

I have a Core2Duo system by the way, so that's why I didn't execute the first command.. I tought the warning only was about the first line. Everything else, I checked permissions, repaired them, drivers worked perfectly, it started panicking just after the kernel update.

Should I install OSX again now, or can I fix this real easily?

Ah, Mine doesn't work. After follow your instruction when I reboot I got a kernel panic call kernel trapped or something. ah, since can't update to 10.4.9 then there's no luck upgrade to a new kernel....ahhhhhh...