Update hackintosh 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 and 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 INTEL ONLY

Dr. Hurt

471 posts in this topic

Thanks! Working good! Updated from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 If you have the same specs as mine, these are the ff that should be reinstalled:

AUDIO (Sigmatel 9200)

BATTERY ICON in menu bar

You can re-enable this (if it was working before you did the update) by doing the instructions again at the OSx86 wiki Laptop Guides to install OS X.

But one thing, the white screen with the apple boot logo is gone (do they call that boot screen of apple (BSOA)? ;p). It shows the command line loading stuffs and starting OS X. also when shutting down, command line shows unloading stuffs. It looks like booting in windows 95 or mainly linux. ;p Now where'd that nice apple boot screen gone to?

Also, what are the Software Updates that are safe to install? There's Java, x11, security update something, quicktime, itunes, etc. Are these all safe to install?

post-115686-1182209223_thumb.png

-------------------------------------

Dell Inspiron 1300

Intel Celeron M 1.60Ghz

512mb RAM

..etc (all hardware are stock =p)

Thanks for the instructions, works great =)

Can I use the same instructions to update to 10.4.10?

Noticed it was released if I run software update.

Quite new to entire OS X, just used it for about 3 days...

//Hackan

alright figured I would give this a try and see if I could update to 10.4.10. good news you can

all I did was follow the guide on the first page and installed the koolkal kernel from may 02 so far I have lost sound and battery status I will update when I get more info

EDIT

Got the sound working by re-applying the AppleHDA patch and the Battery now works after installing the power management bundle

post-15227-1182553550_thumb.jpg

I've also completed the 10.4.10 update now, felt easier than the 10.4.8 -> 10.4.9 update, perhaps since I've done that before :thumbsup_anim:

Did run a backup before I tried, just in case. Thanks bubba129 for noticing it worked.

Now it's "only" audio, optical drive and integrated network thats not working, but I'm connected to wireless, so at least I can use the the computer to post this.

Can say I'm running this on a Dell Dimension E520, however installed it on an external drive, because of "Still waiting for root device", but after install of base system, I can run everything from the Dell.

post-116549-1182557107_thumb.png

Followed the steps for 4.9 update with 4.10 works fine for me. This install is on a Dell Optiplex GX270.

Had to reinstall the 10.4.4 Loginwindow. after restart worked

:thumbsup_anim:

http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bingota9.jpg

*System Profiler crashes when i try to access it...

* Installed Colonel System Profiler patch and it works again. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=8259

Hi,

I´m using Mac OSX since yesterday :)

I ´ve read a lot about it here, before I started.

Today I upgraded to 1.4.9 and the new kernel by following the great instructions from Ahmad. No problems so far :D

Now i´ll try to update to 1.4.10. Thanks to all of you, for all the information provided here.

Need help....I am using an intell 2 duo hp dv5264 laptop...the graphic card is nvidia gforce GO 7400

i just tried upgraded my hachintosh from 10.4.8 to 10.4.10 but when i restarded i had kernel panic...

could anyone be of help please...?