Update hackintosh 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 and 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 INTEL ONLY

Dr. Hurt

471 posts in this topic

I folowed your instrctions exactly and sucess :hysterical:

I had to reinstall the Azalia.kext to get my audiio to work, 2CH only.

I lost my 1024 x 1280 resolution; onboard GMA 950, working on rediscoveing the necessary extensions to get the hi res back. It worked with the jas10.4.8 standard install.

Everything elese works great. MSI945GM3: 945 NB, ICH7 SB, PENTUIM D 2.88 2 GIG DDR2 RAM, SATA 300,MASHISTA DVD RAM, Nec 1980sxi LCD

Thanks to all for your effort. I'm a noobe just trying to contribute. More to come as I learn. I have only been hackintoshed for 20 hrs now, I come from the dark side. Micro Crapppppppppppp.

21:16 pm

I loaded the gma950 package from my jas10.4.8 dvd and got baack my hi resolution 1280 x 1024 Sweet

James :Memojgr@mac.com

My computer boots almost all the way, then panics. It gets past the "Welcome to Macintosh" startup progress bar, then loads my desktop picture, and the widget I have on my desktop loads (it's set to always be shown), then it kernel panics. I've tried replacing loginwindow.app and Finder.app (the only things I can think of that load that late), but no luck. Any ideas?

Ahmad Moawya,

I am uograding from Jas 10.4.8 Full install clean to KoolKal's 10.4.9. Having problems. I posted this just now maybe you could have a quick look and tell me what I need to do to get this to work.

I don't know about eh GM 900 or 950 drivers. The built in intel graphics chip for the Dell Dimentions 2400 series who knows what chipset but I am running an Nvidia 5200 Graphics card.

Here is my POst:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...t=0#entry457817

I know your update is for 10.4.9 to 10.4.10. But I don't need 10.4.10 just 10.4.9 so I can install Logic Studio :P

I just updated to 10.4.9 (don't know if SSE2 supported?!) and now my Intel Pro 100/VE ethernet doesn't work anymore. All the fixed that worked on the previous versions are not usable. Any fixes for this issue!? Applying old AppleIntel8255x.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext files doesn't help.

Thanks in advance... and... HALP!!!

I updated from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 with 8.10.1 kernel and work fine, but my problem is wath I lose Sleep functionality, when sleep black screen and hang.

With 10.4.9 sleep work ¿wath I do? ¿return to 10.4.9?

I tried with 8.9.1 kernel but obtain the same error.

any ideas please?

thanks

Hi

I found. I could do activate sleep within errors with two extensions, AppleSMBIOS.kext 1.0.6 and PowerManagement.bundle.

My kernel actual is 8.10.1

I found librarys in Monkey sleep post, thanks very much.

I've been able to successfully update to 10.4.9, both the version and the kernel. But when I follow your instructions to upgrade from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 it messes up -- it seems to install fine but upon restart I get a panic which says something about appleintelcpupowermanagement

I have no idea...

successfully updated from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9. When I did another update to 10.4.10 , kernel panic loves me :(
did you back up your kernel?There is something you can do in such a situation..Boot your computer with 10.4.8 DVD.. once the installer is launced, open the terminal
rm -rf /Volumes/OSX Partition/mach_kernel
cp -R /mach_kernel /Volumes/OSX Partition

Then close terminal, open DiskUtil, repair permissions on your osx partition and you're ready to go..This worked fine for me.. hope it does for you too..

Hi,

I just did a fresh install of Kalyway 10.4.10. I have a SSE2 and a ATI 9600 pro agp card. Everything works fine, but I am pulling my hair out trying to get CI and QE working. Prior to this, I was running Jas 10.4.8, and Callisto B003 drivers with a patched GA.plugin file. Everything worked fine then. I have tried using the different Callisto versions, as well as the old 10.4.8 Radeon kext files. No luck. I would sure appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

I have upgraded to 10.4.10 and everything works fine except for the "About this Mac". When I choose it from the Apple menu it takes me to a blue screen (looks like a log out) and reloads the desktop. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance,

Abey

*Edit*

Fixed. Just replaced my loginwindow.app. I'm not sure why I missed it but eh.. :(

picture1ak6.png

My respects for the great Tutorial Joe, I have yet 10.4.9 on vmware where all others method (JAS , koolkal) failed (probably due to some missing explanations where yours tut mention all important steps to fill near the simple installation), hope to congrats for the 10.4.10 but that's on a good way :( cheers

//edit1: Kernel update 8.9.1 on 10.4.9 vmware done successfully, I love you ^^

//edit2: made the same method for upgrading to 1.4.10, at reboot I get huge flood then kernel panic, tried -f, some differents fsb values, always panic, goin back on the backup to check what is wrong (I have tried with this package Mac OS X 10.4.10 Update v1.1 (Intel))

After reading the full thread here, I think my error was to install kernel 8.9.1 directly after the 10.4.9 upgrade, trying again by upgrading 10.4.8 => 10.4.9 => 10.4.10 => kernel 8.9.1 , many people in this thread reported to do it that order, crossing fingers, praying, let's go trying! :)

//edit3: I was right hehe , I got it to 10.4.10 kernel 8.9.1 on vmware that way:

• [1] "Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2]"
    [2] "Maxxuss-AMDPCNET" for fixing the ethernet
    [3] "
MacOSXUpd10.4.9Intel" from apple and following this thread instructions
[4] "MacOSXUpd10.4.10Intel" from apple 72Mb really small and following same instructions as above, worked perfectly :)
[5] "Kernel 8.9.1" following this thread instruction, just make sure to install the System.kext from the 1.4.10 package and not the 1.4.9, not mentionned in the instructions but it sounds evident.

and you'll get this in a nice vmware like this:

vmware-osx-tiger-10410.jpg

Hi

I'm having some problem using your method of updating and have yet to find another way to do it.. :blink:

When i try to install the delta update, it simply says installation failed..and from there, I could not execute any command on the terminal window...somehow, i think the install have sent a kill signal to bash...

Naturally, I am left with no choice but to reboot and of course, osx will not boot any more...

anyway, i am using jas 10.4.7 sse2 and only with the GMA900 files...there after, updated to 10.4.8 using jas 10.4.7 update combo...both SSE2. (no additional kernel update or any other update...clean installation...

Strange...that it does not seems like anyone else is having the same problem on this tread..any suggestions on what might have be wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

THANK U SOOOOOOO MUCH,

this tutorial is great. i did 10.4.8=>10.4.9=>kernel 8.9.1=>read on this topic that people have trouble upgrading to 10.4.10 if they already did the kernel update , so i =>removed kernel 8.9.1=>upgrade 10.4.10=>kernel 8.9.1

ALL system are go!!!

thank u again :P

UAD-1 PCI version fully working as well as LOGIC studio 8 !!!

all of my hardware totaly supported except my graphics card no agp recognition, but will try agpgart.kext tomorow...

post-36767-1193539584_thumb.jpg