SONY VAIO AND OSX? Audio| Wireless|Geforce|Others

332 posts in this topic

Hello amigos , here my Vaio configuration.

VGN-A617B 17'' Pentium M 1.73 SSE2

OSX 10.4.8 Jas Intel SSE2/3 with ppf1.

Wireless Intel 2200 BG - Working with Iwi2200 driver

Ati x600 128mb - Working with Koberg patch 0.2 and Callisto 006 Full Qe/Ci/Q2D Extreme

Audio RTL 260 - Working Audio and Line Out , but Line IN not work

Brightness control - Don't Work , i can change in windows XP .

Brightness sensor - Don't Work

Power management - work only the power icons and battery time , but don't work monitor off or processor speed down.

Keyboard & Touchpad - Works well

USB - Works and USB 2.0 works well without Problems

Firewire - works

Combo DVD-RW DL - Works well with Patch Burn

Ethernet RTL8169- work with RealtekR1000 Driver

Card Reader - don't work

Multimedia Buttons - Don't Work

Thanks to all for hard work.

hey there mate, i got the same laptop but i can't seem to get my mobility x600 and my audio to work, can you tell me how u've done it? links?

cheers mate

i got the laptop. very nice

uphuck 1.4 r3 doesnt seem to detect the hdd though :/

if anyone has any tips id really appreciate it

if you're talking about the installation process, you have to make sure to convert your hd partition to "mac os journaled", with erase command of disk utility...

but i guess you know that...

if you're talking about the installation process, you have to make sure to convert your hd partition to "mac os journaled", with erase command of disk utility...

but i guess you know that...

yes i do , the problem is that disk utility doesnt see the fat32 partition that i created, but i think i might know what ive done wrong so ill try it again this weekend. will follow up...

Last week I've installed Leopard Brazilmac on my Sony SZ4MN/B. The results are

- 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo T5600 -> working fine. Both cores are working smoothly

- 2 GB RAM -> No problem at all

- Audio SigmaTel STAC9872AK VendorId: 8384 deviceId: 7662 -> working after applying AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16.app

- Graphics cards

1) Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 -> working, but without QE/CI.

2) Intel GMA 950 -> working, QE/CI supported. However I still experience problem with this graphics card, as sometimes I just got a white screen. Does someone else have this problem as well ?

- Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Wifi -> Not working

- Webcam -> not yet working.

- Logitech BT mouse (V270) -> working natively

- Battery icon -> working after patched (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=14912)

- LAN connection through USB (connected to my router, AVM Fritzbox Fon WLAN) -> working without any additional driver/patch.

Br,

Boo

Hi BooBoo

yes, I was getting that WHITE screen with my first attempts installing Kalyway's 10.4.10... and others. Then I used the 950 patch I will attempt to upload here, and I never got that white-screen again. HOWEVER this is based on experience with TIGER on the SZ5, and not LEO, but maybe it is worth a try... you can also re-install your original Leo gma950 if it doesn't help.

Please let me know the results, although the Sony is running great, I am sure to be tempted to install LEO sometime soon.

good luck,

ninetto

GMA950_2_.zip

hi , I have manage to get leo working fine on my vaio SZ2 ,

I Have instal another tiger in another partition and then I just use the TOH dvd to uprade to leo , lots of features work, time machine, spaces,frontrow 2.0 , wifi since I change the 3945 to a 1390 dell wifi card (the card is also better in windows faster connection and save more battery ).

I haven't try with the nvidia 7400 but the intel gma 950 is better recognised than in tiger (hardware accelerated).

I run leo with the speedstep kernel in order to be able to save battery and reduce cpu temperature.

The only important problem (still here) is the brightness for the screen witch should realy help to save battery life.

for the moment I have only 2 hours in leo or tiger and 5 hours on xp so I still have to use xp in the train.

If anyone have an idea to really reduce screen brightness on the vaio sz...........

i have a sony vaio VGN-NR123e/s running leopard 10.5.0

everything is working except wireless and ethernet lan (5007EG or AR5BXB63)

sound is working but just through my speakers with the AzaliaAudio pkg.

the documentation for this laptop stinks so i dont know which audio codec to use to get the headphones and mic jack working. im single booting so i cant check with windows. if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated ;)

• 4 weeks later...

hello mac comunity

i have a vaio fe11s duocore

since im using the mac for almost 2 years , and on fe series have some news improvements

i update for osx iAKOS 1.0i it meens 10.5.1 and its the same as my old 10.4.8,

so : no Nvidia 7400 drive

no audio sigmatel 92XX

no wireless

it takes more time boot, more instable,

so if any one knows progress on VAIO FE series please tell

im using de VESA 65mb LCD drive any other sugestions?

TKS

Pirez

Hi cinepires,

I'm still trying to get Leopard working on my laptop

Untill now, I didn't manage to get ANY of the Leopard releases working (tried ToH, iATKOS, Kalyway)

gpt + EFI won't ever boot for me

mbr + EFI works for iATKOS, but I can only boot in safe mode (-x) look here: http://uphuck.ggrn.de/forum/showthread.php?t=622

without EFI I couldn't boot but this might be the boot flags set wrong

annyways, let's hope we get our precious vaio's working soon :D

PS: video won't work for now, they're still looking for a solution :D

audio works with Taruga's patcher, I did have it working during one of my installs (did a lot the past few days)

Sure, I'm using EFI. I'd like to mention, a nice script from my USB flash is helping me on post installation. If you are interesting I will send it to you. :D

Yeah, that would be cool ;)

could you describe what you've done ? (you can tell it in small steps, I have a good basic knowledge of OSX now already :D )

Hi, First of all please excuse my English. Well, I boot Iatkos and format the partition by the name of Leopard, then installed From the packages I chose "Titan" and Intel100Ve-Lan driver. I rebooted this time whith Kayly'sDVD and an USB flash formated on Fat32 with a script on it. From terminal I did: cd /Volumes/The name of USB flash/The name of the folder +enter. Then run the script: ./patch.sh Leopard. It will ask you several question you must answer. Be careful what you chose. Unfortunately I don't know how to post the script. I can't believe how stupid am I :P

hello

once again,

krassi what you mean

"VaioFE11M- Iatkos+XP dual boot. For me this is the only Leopard working perfectly."

you have Nvidia working and wireless??? can u be more explicit please what works and what wont work with your leopard installation

TKS :wacko:

my metod was this one

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=5GEZgwh2Eas

video toturial

see u and TKS

Pires

Hi, Cinepires,

When I said perfectly working, I meant compared with the others versions of Leo. We all know, FE series is not supporting internal display with NVidia and 3945 wifi is still in development stage, all so webcam. So I accept those issues as a common in Vaio. I check, if EFI is properly installed with Geeckbench and it says the model is Mac, otherwise should be Hackintoch. Last night I installed successfully Kalyway and Geeckbench shows Hackintouch. In terminal with "uname -a". I can see Kernel Version 9.1.0, compare Iatkos is 9.0.0. Both versions are dual-boot whit XP using Darwin. The only problem with Kalyway is, I have to type "-f" every time I reboot, otherwise my Lan is not recognized.

Vaio VGN-N21S/W - Kalyway 10.5.1 successful installed.

Most things worked out of the box (HAD is internal, WIFI wo

First I get the message "Apple.boot.plist not found". I disabled Vaio Start-Screen in bios and it fine boots up.

Sound don´t work - I used taruga patcher 1.20 with Realtec ALC 262 Codec - Sound works, but no Input.

Ethernet don´t, but I work on it.

Great!!!! so far.

Vaio VGN-N21S/W - Kalyway 10.5.1 successful installed.

Most things worked out of the box (HAD is internal, WIFI wo

First I get the message "Apple.boot.plist not found". I disabled Vaio Start-Screen in bios and it fine boots up.

Sound don´t work - I used taruga patcher 1.20 with Realtec ALC 262 Codec - Sound works, but no Input.

Ethernet don´t, but I work on it.

Great!!!! so far.

ehternet works with the right kext, but not from the first time. the first time you'll use it, it won't work, but if you reboot it will work! :)

I'll try kalyway this evening, had some problems! strange that the vaio boot logo broke it :s

Hi guys,

I have a Vaio FE41S with Leopard installed (Iatkos 1.0ir2).

My situation is:

CPU Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 1,66 Ghz (OK but don't sleep)

Chipset Intel i945PM (OK)

Ethernet Card Intel PRO/100 VE (OK)

RAM 2x1024 MB DDR2 SDRAM 667Mgz (OK)

HA 160 GB SATA (OK)

Bluetooth (OK)

USB (OK)

Now I don’t know which drivers install (if available) for:

Sound card: Sigmatel High Definition VendorId: 8384 deviceId: 7662

Video Card: Nvidia Ge Force Go 7600

Internal modem: HD Audio Soft V92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP ( I think it is a Conexant Modem)

Wireless: Intel Pro/Wireless 3945 ABG

WebCam: Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC4

Can someone help me to find some drivers (if available) for the components write above?

Thanks a lot!!

Mine sucks, i'm trying to install Kalyway 10.5.1 and i can't even go into installation screen.

Dunno wat is happening, dvd boots fine but before it enters into installation my whole screen have white line.

So i tried connecting to a external display and run again , all i see is the leapord wallpaper and the mouse that 's all :(

Tried setting my lcd to expand in bios, also same thing happen.

I'm ripping my hair out ,has anyone successfully installed leopard on their vaio tx.

My specs are

1.33Ghz core solo

945gma display

80gb

3945 intel wireless

alc262 audio

2.5gb ram (bios only detects the 2gb ram, onboard 512mb couldn't detect)

ubuntu 7.10 dual boot with max os x 10.4.10 uphuck using grub.

Really need help here.

Thanx

ehternet works with the right kext, but not from the first time. the first time you'll use it, it won't work, but if you reboot it will work! :)

I'll try kalyway this evening, had some problems! strange that the vaio boot logo broke it :s

Thanks for reply! Do you know the right kext for ethernet? Ethernet card is not shown in system profiler.

Meanwhile I tried some taruga kexts for audio, but still no mic in.

Yes, the boot thing is strange, may be it works like a own first partition.

The next strange thing is, that if I try to boot the vaio with (full) battery, it hangs on boot. With normal power it boots up fine.

Misterious...