SONY VAIO AND OSX? Audio| Wireless|Geforce|Others

332 posts in this topic

I'm quite sure brightness won't work on the nVidia-based cards since those cards aren't supported by OSX untill now

I might be wrong! Annyways, I'll take a look at it but I don't think I can port it ;)

But the sound buttons are working out of the box on OSX for me... only the multimedia (fn) key's and S1+S2 on my FE aren't working...

i think that it should be possible to port it for the gma of the sz

but on the sz the sound multimedia key are the fn key so it doesn't work for me

every things work fine natively in ubuntu so it should work on osx but I don't have enough knoledge to do it so if anyone knows somebody able to do it let me know,,,

Anyone got N38E ?

Need help with jack port, which is not workin.... ;)

Now on my Jas 10.4.8 updated to 10.4.9 are working:

Intel GMA950 Graphic

HDD 120GB SATA

Intel Dual Core 1,83 GHZ

Realtek Sound

Marvell Ethernet

... only problems with jacks and WIFI (not necessary)

Hi every one, I got a Vaio VGN-N220E, and have almost my all hardware working properly, with some changes, I´ll put my hardware and if you need to know how tu ron some of then, I´ll answer you as soon I read it, so this is the hardware that I had to fix:

Yukon Ethernet Adaptor 88E8036: vendor ID: 11AB, Device ID: 4351

Atheros 5006 PCI Wireless: vendor ID: 168c, Device ID: 001c

Realtek HighDefinition ALC2: vendor ID:8086, device ID:27D8

Mousepad

Everything else worked fine from the instalation, it seems like its just a little what I have to fix, but believe me, it took me a lot to get everything to works, still the Sound it´s working just parcially only the speakers, but I`m still looking to make it works allrigth, hope I can help you with something, greetings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi,

i would need help too for my vaio fe11 !

I have No working internal display. Please give me suggestion on which osx ver to use, which package to install or what kext to modify and which installer to use .

Solving internal lcd graphic display problem is very important for me , i don't care about network, audio and so on , just video.

Is there anyone who has a geforce 7400 on vaio working ? Please post your experience !

Thanks.

Mal

manmal, untill now nobody was able to get his lcd working on his vaio fe series (nvidia based)

it's just a matter of time, it might be tomorrow, it might be next month.. it might be never...

read on here: http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?...fe1b98312180d91

a lot of VAIO FE users are there too :star_smile:

let's hope leopard give us a bit more good results but I doubt it.. we'll see :star_smile:

Installed BrazilMac last night - perfect install on Sony VAIO VGN-BX660P. Leopard is very fast. Here are my specs:

2.0GHz Core 2 Duo T7200

2GB RAM

Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E GbE <---- Not working

Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Wifi <---- Not working

Mobile Intel 945GM display adapter

Seagate Barracuda 7200 SATA 320GB USB HDD (External USB for Leopard until I get everythign working)

Realtek HD Audio

Toshiba Bluetooth adapter

When I go to Network in Control Panel, only Bluetooth, firewire and modem are recognized. Also, when I go to About This Mac, the screen turns blue for a second, goes back to normal, and then no dialog box opens. I can't get it to open no matter what I try to do.

I also tried loading the iwi3945.dmg from http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/. After following the instructions, it asks me to reboot by holding the power key down, and then it get's in a viscous cycle of the same "Your computer must be rebooted" message before Leopard finishes booting. I've got a broken system, and the only thing I've ben able to do after that is just reinstall to fix.

I also tried the Marvell Yukon 88E8001 driver without any luck.

Can someone tell me how they got their cards (at least one of them) running? Do I need to edit plist? If so, what exactly do I need to put in it, and with what commands? How can I get my Vendor ID and Device Number?

Thank you -

I also tried with leo and nvinject 0.1.3 the last one for leo however...and.......blackscreen as usual!!!!

geforce 7600go 0398 10de code.

I used smbios.kext from patched one for tiger and I didn't reboot finder anymore when I go to about this mac.

I have intel pro 100ve for lan and is working... I don't have audio, video and wifi. I don't have camera too

when xxx recognizes it even in installation....

EDIT: EUREKA!!!!!!!!!

WITH nvinject for leopard, last version for nvram I have external monitor up and running with QE and CI !!!!!

I think this is a big news for everybody.....keep workinG!!!!! :)

now I need internal monitor, audio and wifi :D

g0ldr4k3, we've got that working with Tiger too :P (NVInject,Titan,Natit)

I guess we will still be in the same boat for our precious LCD's!

On the other hand, were making some small advances over at osxscene with NVInject, though it could take a long time to get it working :D

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I've installed Leopard Brazilmac on my Sony SZ4MN/B. The results are

- 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo T5600 -> working fine. Both cores are working smoothly

- 2 GB RAM -> No problem at all

- Audio SigmaTel STAC9872AK VendorId: 8384 deviceId: 7662 -> working after applying AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16.app

- Graphics cards

1) Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 -> working, but without QE/CI.

2) Intel GMA 950 -> working, QE/CI supported. However I still experience problem with this graphics card, as sometimes I just got a white screen. Does someone else have this problem as well ?

- Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Wifi -> Not working

- Webcam -> not yet working.

- Logitech BT mouse (V270) -> working natively

- Battery icon -> working after patched (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=14912)

- LAN connection through USB (connected to my router, AVM Fritzbox Fon WLAN) -> working without any additional driver/patch.

Br,

Boo

hi , I have a sz2 working fine with tiger but I thinck I have miss something with brazilmac dvd because I get panic during instal do you know something about that.

For the intel 3945, I just bought a dell 1390 mini pci and it work fine both in xp and mac (recognise as airport)

hello

i just bought a vaio based on the gm965 chipset and i'm hoping to turn it into my first hackintosh.

its a vgn nr11z/s

t7250

gm965

x3100

realtek high def audio

200 gig hd

2gig ram

yukon 88E8039 ethernet

intel 3945ABG wifi

i should be good except for the wifi right?

its the first laptop ive ever had, is this thing bios locked or something? because i dont see eny messages about how to get in bootmenu/bios on bootup

Hajaz, press F2

on my VAIO it shows the BIOS boot screen for about 1sec. and you can see you'll need to press F2 to get into the BIOS

if F2 doesn't work try all F-keys or Del or something like that :(

i think OSX will work great on your machine except for audio/wifi and propapbly ethernet

the only thing you won't be able to get working would be wifi if i'm right :D

I got SigmaTel CXD 9872 Sony Vaio FE21M sound working.

I copied the file AppleHDA.kext from an JAS 10.4.8 install into a Leopard ToH install.

Then ran AppleHDAPatcher_v1.5 With a "codec#0" I got from a Ubuntu LiveCD boot up.

The speakers and the internal mic both work.

In System Profiler it shows

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x104D81EF

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices

finally got the realtek chipset alc262 to work on my vaio.......headphone out and internal speakers are working!...with azalia audio kext only internal speakers were working....

i am attaching the kexts below!....

thanks a ton to taruga!!!!!!!.........

will try to get the internal mic working over this weekend...