SONY VAIO AND OSX? Audio| Wireless|Geforce|Others

332 posts in this topic

I have successfully installed Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 on my Sony VAIO VGN-FE21B!! :(

Still some minor issues though, but first the the list of things that are working.

WORKING:

NVidia GeForce Go 7400 - Default working after Kalyway

Intell Pro 10/100 - Installed Intel8255 package after Kalyway install, works perfectly

Touchpad

USB support

NOT WORKING:

Intel High Definition Audio Sigmatel 9721

WiFi

Did not test (yet):

Modem (who needs it?) :)

PCMCIA slots

mSD card slot

Questions:

1. Can I improve my GeForce Go 7400 card if I install the Intel GMA 950?

Device ID = 0x01d8

Revision ID = 0x00a1

2. I couldn't get the sound working with Taruga's Patcher. The link provided in the forums provides many versions and patches to download, I would like to know which version would work for me and also perhaps what I am doing wrong... Sigmatel 9721 (Intel High Definition Audio)

Further.... OSX rules on this machine.... ^_^:)

Recoil

Thanks!!!

I have successfully installed Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 on my Sony VAIO VGN-FE21B!! :)

Still some minor issues though, but first the the list of things that are working.

WORKING:

NVidia GeForce Go 7400 - Default working after Kalyway

Intell Pro 10/100 - Installed Intel8255 package after Kalyway install, works perfectly

Touchpad

USB support

NOT WORKING:

Intel High Definition Audio Sigmatel 9721

WiFi

Did not test (yet):

Modem (who needs it?) :P

PCMCIA slots

mSD card slot

Questions:

1. Can I improve my GeForce Go 7400 card if I install the Intel GMA 950?

Device ID = 0x01d8

Revision ID = 0x00a1

2. I couldn't get the sound working with Taruga's Patcher. The link provided in the forums provides many versions and patches to download, I would like to know which version would work for me and also perhaps what I am doing wrong... Sigmatel 9721 (Intel High Definition Audio)

Further.... OSX rules on this machine.... :D:D

Recoil

Thanks!!!

Are you saying your Geforce Go 7400 is working properly? Full QE/CI? :angry2:

Are you saying your Geforce Go 7400 is working properly? Full QE/CI? :(

Nope, that is not what I am saying... after installing Kalyway the graphics look ok with 32m colors... however no QE/CI as yet... hence my question how I can improve my graphics... same problem as everyone I'm afraid.

Cheers

Another VAIO user, that has sound, networking (wired) and Display workingon EXTERNAL just fine.. Everything is peachy... Except i cant get the LCD Internal Display to work..

Model VGN-FS660, GeForce 6200go 128 Meg

I have 1680x1050 res, w/ QE/CI on External Display working excellent..

I hope someone finds an answer for the internal displays..

@blade007

welcome to the club... there are no working solution for vaio nvidia graphics... so till someone come up with a solution you are STUCK with the crappy 1024x768 vga resolution as we all are....

someone please help us :(

Were can I get the macvidia drivers as there site has been down for days now. I have a Vaio FE28H with Geforce Go 7400 but can only get 1024x768. Also quite new to this what is QE/CI.

Thanks

Im in exactly the same position. I can't get my Geforce Go 7400 working either. Been trying to find a solution for months but still nothing.

Am I just going mad. I am sure I have seen on osx86 project loads of people that have said they are running the 7400 at full res.

Here are a few I spotted

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...0.4.8/Portables

XPS m1210 - JaS 10.4.8 mifkis kernel- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 1.83GHz. Can only use single core: must disable 1 core while installing, then edited kernel flag with "cpus=1" so dont have to change it in BIOS.- RAM: 2 GB @ 667 Mhz, only shows up as 1 GB- Graphics: nVidia GeForce Go 7400, working with QE/CI enabled running at 1280x800 with Titan

Pavilion dv6196eaJaS 10.4.8 AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3 without patches Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 SSE3, 2GB DDR2 667 MHZ, 120GB HDD SATA, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 128MB(15.4 WXGA) Installed fine in dual boot configuration. Working: Graphics card (with Natit), CI/QE working fine Ethernet DVD BurnerPavillion

dv6200/CT (This mode could be a Japanese regional model) OS: JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3 (Dual booted w/Vista) CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce Go 7400 works@1280x800[edit]

Pavilion dv6395ea--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Jas 10.4.8 SSE2-SSE3 PPF1 and PPF2 patched DVD installation, very smooth installation. Intel centrino Duo. 160GB HDD SATA, 2 GB Ram, Gefore Go 7400 (128MB dedicated), Intel 3945 abg wireless, broadcom bluetooth, conexant audio, Intel Pro/1000 PL ethernet Working -Intel Centrino Duo (Working Natively with both cores) -Audio (installed conexant audio driver, Quickplay volume and mute working) -Gefore Go 7400 (Natively with the supplied driver in Jas DVD), QE/CI working

NP-R55C001/SEF - OS : Jas 10.4.8 SSE 3 with Lastest Semthex Kernel- CPU : Intel Core Duo T2300 1.66 ghz - Graphic Card : With Natit Driver (unknow card but CI/QE full working) (GeForce Go 7400)

Sigh.

Some of you guys really should start searching the net!

The graphics card is working perfectly! It's the LCD that doesn't get recognised (typical Sony VAIO problem)

This issue has been discussed a million times before! please READ people!

Lot's of info can be found here, here and in this topic!

and for the 1000th time: QE/CI are 2D/3D acceleration for the grapics card. a lot of effects in OSX requie QE/CI and there are some app's that need it too! Look at the screensaver, it goes sloppy as hell without QE/CI :D

This LCD monitor problem is realy annoying, the weird this is how come the LCD pannel works without the Nvidia drivers loaded ?, I realy hope that someone finds how to fix the problem sooner rather than later..

cheers,

uk_rules_ok

gotoh explained it at the nvinject forums

the default driver sends a signal to all output it finds (or something like that), while the nvidia driver send it to the defined outputs, it's just a mather of forcing it to send the signal to the LCD... though I'm not a pro on this thing so I really don't know for sure!

Yes i read all about it myself, But what i can't understand is why the Nvidia driver can't detect the internal LCD Screen. Beets me ive tryed NVCAP settings and still nothing, Looks like we will just have to wait untill someone figures it out!!

EDIT - But the Linux Nvdia driver works fine with the internal LCD Screen..

Regards,

uk_rules_ok