SONY VAIO AND OSX? Audio| Wireless|Geforce|Others

332 posts in this topic

Hi, I wanted to share my experience of a successful installation of Leo 10.5.1 on a Sony Vaio VGN-TX3:

- Sony Vaio VGN-TX3XP/B

- MacOS (Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1, vanilla kernel): working, smooth & easy install - many thx for this terrific job!!!

- Processor (Intel Core Solo 1.2GHz): working. Sleep doesnt work though, got a black screen with computer still on, impossible to come back

- Graphics (Intel GMA950): working, although I randomly had a corrupted white display after the grey Apple logo. the GMA950 patch from JaS 10.4.8 (see ninetto's post in this thread) seems to do the trick...

- Display (LCD 1366x768x32 + Dell 20" 1680x1050x32): working, although I cannot switch from one to the other (monitor/VGA/monitor+VGA). needed to expand LCD in BIOS to get the 1366x768.

- Wireless (Intel 3945ABG): not working. swapped with the Dell 1390 in my Lattitude, worked out of the box (recognized as AirPort)

- Ethernet (Intel 82562ET 10/100): not working

- Bluetooth: working

- Sound (Realtek ALC262): working with Taruga's 1.20 patch (speakers + line out, haven't tried the mic)

- Battery meter: working with jaro12345's patch. have an issue with my fan though, it runs full speed full time (very annoying :)

- Touchpad (Alps): working, but if I replace the ApplePS2Controller.kext with JeroenJ's (to get tapping functionality) I cant use my USB keyboard/mouse anymore

Many thanks to all the developers and contributors, I'm amazed by the final result that wouldn't be possible without your time and help!!!!!

• Like 1

At me Vaio VGN-C2ZR/B with GeForce Go 7400 same problem... Does not work with the screen notebook, on the external monitor all deduces perfectly... A problem in the driver... Already has passed nearby half a year but the decision all is not present... Let's be thrown off $$ for payment of a writing for us the driver???

Hi All!

I have sony vaio sz370p

dont working internal display, keyboard and touch pad(blue screen and wait...)

work only external display, keyboard and mouse :rolleyes: any ideas?

yukon+BT ethernet work fine

sorry for my bad english...

• 1 month later...

Ok this is my first post......but i have been rreqding alot........ I have a sz370p that i can not for the life of me get the video working right. I can get all of the versions to boot and install but then i get a white screen with multi colored vertical lines in it. Does anyone have any idea how to make this work???? Please help me before i go :) insane I don't care if i have to use the gma950 but when i try that even with the patches and what not it just goes to sh*t. Can someone plz help me

-Chris

Hi to all.

I'm new in this forum and I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ18M.

I have successfull installed Kalyway 10.5.1 with Vanilla Kernel and EFI 8 mbr and upgraded it to Kalyway 10.5.2

My system is:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T7100

Memory: 2Gb DDR2

HDD: 160Gb

Wireless LAN: Intel PRO Wireless 88E8036 (Ubuntu description was Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG)

Ethernet: Marwell Yukon 88E8036

Audio: Sigmatel HD (device id 0x104D9005)

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT (vendor 0x10DE; disp. 0x0426; rev. 0x00A1)

Chipset: Intel 82801

Intel 965 PCI-E

CardBus Texas Instruments PCI xx12

Webcam: 1.3 Mpx

NOTE: Now I have a lot of hardware not working jet because i have done

an installation with only Kalyway disk but the system start!!

I have see Topic about CardBus, PowerManagement.

Someone has already find any solution for other hardware?

I have see that 8400M GT hasn't patches yet. :(

P.S.: I'm sorry if i repeat some request already done.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, Guys.

I have a Sony Vaio C2S/W.

My System:

OSX Kalyway 10.5.2 without the Graphics update

Core2Duo - working out of the Box

120GB - working out of the Box

2Gb DDR 2 - working out of the Box

Ethernet: Marwell Yukon 88E8036 - working with edit the AppleYukon...Info.plist

Video: Intel GMA 950 - works fine out of the box (without the graphis update!, this will freeze booting with a blue screen)

Sound: ALC262_700 - with the Solution http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=83633 and the files ALC262_800 all works fine incl. micro

wireless lan: Intel 3945ABG - not working, i use the D-Link G122. works fine

I also use USB2.0 Patch, Trackpad patch, battery meter patch. all works fine with more or less modifications

so, my hack is nearly completed, exept the 3945 w-lan card, but im sure, there will be a driver soon :)

greetings, croqodil

Hi guys

I have a problem with mi vaio and I would like to know if it is common

My laptop specs

Sony Vaio 230P/B

2GB Ram (it's 530MHz but leopard detected as 400MHz)

120GB WD

Intel 945GMA

Installed Kalyway with combo update 10.5.2 n Graphics update

When I write a letter in Word, excel or in a textbox I get a litle square image on the screen, I read that its a problem with intel GMA945 and the resolution of my screen 1200x800, does it happen to anyone?

(sorry, I'm from latin america)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same problems as you have with the Geforce 7400 Go. So my question is, how do i know

that i also have the Intel 945GMA card on my motherboard? Or does every Vaio have this onboard card?

I only want to have 1280x800 instead of 1024x768 and QE supported...

greets max

Hey all, I've got a VGN-N350E. Very similar specs to all of you. Here are some notes that worked fo me:

Keybord/mouse/trackpad driver:

ACPIPS2Nub.kext_1052_9C16.zip

used this for the battery meter fix:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=80425

Ethernet (Youkon based, just had to add my device id)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=34074

Graphics: I have a GMA950 like most of you. Installed Kalyway 10.5.1, updated to 10.5.2, no problems. Then, bought switchresX, configured the 1280x800 settings, saved it, ran swupdate and installed the Leopard graphics update. Everything is fine!

(But, I did run leo graphics before all of that and blew everything up, no display)

Hope some of this helps!

Hi everyone, I managed to install iATKOS v1.0 on my Sony Vaio VGN-C22GH/B successfully. Sound, video, Bluetooth, keyboard, mouse works fine. I think everything works fine except for the wireless.

I'm aware that the in-built wireless is Intel PRO 3495 which doesnt have an update yet. However, I also have a wireless adapter "XPC 802.11b/g Wireless Kit". On it it says it's under Prolink and when I check the details it's listed as being under Atheron.

Any idea whether this wireless adapter is able to connect my Mac OS X to the internet successfully? I've been trying to fix this thing for ages! :@

Thanks in advance.

Specs:

Sony Vaio VGN-C22GH/B

Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor T5500 1.66GHz

HDD 80GB Serial ATA/5400rpm

Windows Vista Home Basic

2GB RAM

DVD+RW/RAM DRIVE

Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11a/b/g (Intel PRO 3495)

Hi everyone, I managed to install iATKOS v1.0 on my Sony Vaio VGN-C22GH/B successfully. Sound, video, Bluetooth, keyboard, mouse works fine. I think everything works fine except for the wireless.

I'm aware that the in-built wireless is Intel PRO 3495 which doesnt have an update yet. However, I also have a wireless adapter "XPC 802.11b/g Wireless Kit". On it it says it's under Prolink and when I check the details it's listed as being under Atheron.

Any idea whether this wireless adapter is able to connect my Mac OS X to the internet successfully? I've been trying to fix this thing for ages! :@

Thanks in advance.

Specs:

Sony Vaio VGN-C22GH/B

Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor T5500 1.66GHz

HDD 80GB Serial ATA/5400rpm

Windows Vista Home Basic

2GB RAM

DVD+RW/RAM DRIVE

Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11a/b/g (Intel PRO 3495)

Hey, what kind of atheros is it? can you get the device and vendor id from windows?

Hi mlazy, thanks for the reply.

I had managed to connect intermittently with a D-Link USB Wireless Adapter, AirPlus G Model G122. I downloaded one of the RT drivers and it connects on the Mac as and when it likes. Any idea why it is like that, or how to fix this?

Thanks

Cheers

Janelloshea

I've been lurking a while and wanting to do this for a long time but I'm not exactly sure if it's going to work or what not.

I have a Sony Viao VGN-FS8900 (ge force go 6200, 2 gigs ram, 120 gig hd). On it is a windows xp parition, a media partition, and a ubuntu paritition. How would I go about installing OSX over the ubuntu partition (provided I can keep my other two paritions intact)? What wouldn't work?

Hi mlazy, thanks for the reply.I had managed to connect intermittently with a D-Link USB Wireless Adapter, AirPlus G Model G122. I downloaded one of the RT drivers and it connects on the Mac as and when it likes. Any idea why it is like that, or how to fix this?ThanksCheersJanelloshea
Sorry, I'm in a similar boat. I use a Belkin F5D7050 with the ZDA drivers for now. did you get the vendor id's for the atheros from windows yet? if so, let me know what they are, I might be able to point you to some drivers for it.
I've been lurking a while and wanting to do this for a long time but I'm not exactly sure if it's going to work or what not.I have a Sony Viao VGN-FS8900 (ge force go 6200, 2 gigs ram, 120 gig hd). On it is a windows xp parition, a media partition, and a ubuntu paritition. How would I go about installing OSX over the ubuntu partition (provided I can keep my other two paritions intact)? What wouldn't work?
I just went through this, and it sux. I was able to keep my windows partition intact, but lost my ubuntu and a media partition. Thebest success I've had is using a gparted boot cd, and formatting everything but the windows partition first, then installing osx. BUT, once that's done, youend up in bootloader hell. Windows kinda likes to be the primary partition. So, if you can install osx last, it should boot into the darwin boot loader and let you swap between osx/windows at startup. If you try this, GOOD LUCK. I've restored my osx from backup too man times to count.:)

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my Sony Vaio VGN SZ4MN/B and i have no sound on it (the SigmaTel STAC9872AK is not reconised at all) and after i've executed HDA Patcher 1.16 and + the application said that this codec is not supported.

Can someone help me please.

Hi all. Few days ago I decided to try the kalyway 10.5.1 on my laptop, it looks great but I have a few problems that I can´t fix. I tried severals ways to fix them, but none of them worked. I really appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction to solve these issues. Have dual boot with Windows XP MCE and works fine.

VAIO-VGN FE790G

All I see is "lady in red..." Thx people for your help

PD: Sorry for my english xD

Hello all i've a sony vaio fz18m....i've same problem with webcam.

When I log in in my "mac" sametimes it works and other times it not work.

Are a valid reason for this problem???

Onether question...i've seen that sameone , with vesa, use a resolution 1440*... is possible??? How?

Well finally I fixed the mouse. I think Im gonna try the update to 10.5.2 and see what happens next

VAIO-VGN FE790G

• Core Duo T5500 @ 1.66GHz - works (Sleep doesn`t work)
  • Intel GMA 950 - works 1280x800x32 but sometimes I get two mouse pointers on the screen
  • SigmaTel STAC9225 - not working

• Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG - not working yet
  • Intel Pro 100VE LAN - not working yet
  • Touchpad - now works with this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=583209
  • ExpressCard Memory card Reader - works
  • MemoryStick Pro Duo Reader - not working yet
  • Motion Eye webcam - not working yet
  • Battery management - not working yet

If someone had resolved these issues please tell me. Thx

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all i've a sony vaio FZ18M. Sameone with this model has resolved this problem??:

1. Internal microphone don't work only external
  2. Battery don't show time (Calculating....)
  3. Web-cam works only if i reboot after windows
  4. no sleep

i've kalyway 10.5.3.