SONY VAIO AND OSX? Audio| Wireless|Geforce|Others

332 posts in this topic

Today I,m testing new kext from Diabolik (Natit.NVidia.7600Go.Installer) and......nothing :o

Unknown nVidia:

Chipset Model: Unknown nVidia

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0399

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Acer AL2416W:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display:

Internal display is off with Natit, Titan, MacVidiaDriver-1_0_81, Mobility.kext, LaptopDisplay and now with Natit.NVidia.7600Go

I have two Hakintochs (Laptop with 2 Xeons and old Notebook HP) and all working -video,audio,net.

Only Vaio...... :P

as far as I know, not ONE VAIO nVidia user has got his(her) LCT working properly with the drivers... that's also the reason why I'm still using XP (will propably switch to Vista this summer).

but there might be good news on it's way, DiaboliK is going to buy a GeForce Go7600 laptop (alienware) so this might be the chance he goes deeper into development!

He is also working on a new project to create one driver to be working on all cards, you might fill in the info about your laptop in here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=49112

the more vaio users, the bigger the chance we'll ever get it working :huh:

Neos,

I did the new install and Graphic and Display work perfectly.

Thank you very much for your help.

Which AppleHDApatcher version did you use? The latest one always ask me to restart my computer!

Hi JeroenJ,

Thank you for your reply!

I have just started a fresh install of the OS. I just couldn't get rid of this feeling, that after having tested probably 20 different possibilities to get the grafics running, I probably destroied more then I actually was able to fix.... :blush:

My main aim would be to get the 1200*800 on the vaio's own screen. There are several other computers running at my place, so the external display is not an issue.

As soon as the OS is up and running I will try again (and again, and again!) until I get this working! Not giving up and the more I read, the more I learn. Just sometimes it's really difficult to find your way on the forum (even with the search function...) because everybody seems to have found a good solution for it's hardware, but rarely works for all the other users... :poster_oops:

Collins, I got my Intel Graphic working perfectly with the data from neos. I own the same notebook like you. The only problem which is left (except WIFI) is my audio. In an other OSX Version (UPHUCK 10.4.9 DVD Version 1.2) the sound worked perfectly after using the AppleHDAPatcher of Taruga. On Jas 10.4.8 DVD install every version of the patcher failed with a kernel panic and ask me to reboot. My hope is that you got further than me. Please help if you can.

rb32, which kernel di you choose ? Taruga's patcher is working fine here on uphuck 1.3. I've used 1.16...

I used the intel-v2 kernel (so the latest intel kernel).. It's verry good! It's the first kernel that does it all for me: dual core, correct FSB recognition, correct cpu speed recognition and no crashes at all :blush: Installed cpu throtler which gave me speedstep and stuff! I'm almost finishing a perfect macVaio :poster_oops:

annyway, if there is someone that knows a way to give me 1280x800 on my 7600Go (I don't have the integrated intel one :/), that would be awesome! And let's hope that DiaboliK's new Natit supports our screen/graphics card! If I get QE/CI at 1280x800, I switch to OSX definitive... :blink:

Oh, and for those with an ALPS Touchpad, I Found this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...272&hl=alps

It ennables Two Finger Scrolling & Tapping! Gives a bit more functionality to your touchpad which you shouldn't miss :wacko:

Glad you got it working bro!!! (rb32) :poster_oops:

As for audio currently i'm still using the appleazalia kext ( modified ) for my ALC 262 intel realtek hd audio chip.(Speaker output only, no mic or earplug )

But at the moment i'm playing around with ubuntu (feisty 7.04 ) trying to get my audio codec dump and also the dump for my pcmcia slot TIXXX12, i'm not

sure it will work or not but for the AppleHDAPatcher (no one can get it working ).

As for the PCMCIA TIXXX12 same no one get it working at 10.4.8, ( only succesfull on 10.4.7 )

For the intel3945 i have high hopes for the developer, certainly theres a progress there.

For JeroenJ, there is a way for getting 1280x800 on your vaio but it SUCKS( no qe or ci ).

I've tried once installing 10.4.7 with MacVidia Beta 2 drivers, after a while using it i'd said to myself there's no fun using OSX if it doesn't support Qi and CI so i'd rather stick back to external monitor and wait for np at MacVidia's website.

Currently dual-booting Fiesty 7.04(beryl,XGL)+ 10.4.8 JaS using grub.

No more windows for me.

I Have to use windows for school! almost 50% of my lessons at school go on on my laptop, need .NET and stuff :/

and indeed, QE/CI is so much cooler, but it's zo irritatin to use an external monitor! Surely if you know that those VAIO screens are so gorgeous and my TFT is a 5+ year old 15" Dell TFT :thumbsup_anim:

ah btw, I got 1280x800 on 10.4.7 with macvidia, but there was some kind of pattern over the screen (a lot of users have it ...) and I don't want to go back to 4.7 since Taruga's patcher etc. aren't workin there :(

Glad you got it working bro!!! (rb32) :gun:

As for audio currently i'm still using the appleazalia kext ( modified ) for my ALC 262 intel realtek hd audio chip.(Speaker output only, no mic or earplug )

But at the moment i'm playing around with ubuntu (feisty 7.04 ) trying to get my audio codec dump and also the dump for my pcmcia slot TIXXX12, i'm not

sure it will work or not but for the AppleHDAPatcher (no one can get it working ).

As for the PCMCIA TIXXX12 same no one get it working at 10.4.8, ( only succesfull on 10.4.7 )

For the intel3945 i have high hopes for the developer, certainly theres a progress there.

For JeroenJ, there is a way for getting 1280x800 on your vaio but it SUCKS( no qe or ci ).

I've tried once installing 10.4.7 with MacVidia Beta 2 drivers, after a while using it i'd said to myself there's no fun using OSX if it doesn't support Qi and CI so i'd rather stick back to external monitor and wait for np at MacVidia's website.

Currently dual-booting Fiesty 7.04(beryl,XGL)+ 10.4.8 JaS using grub.

No more windows for me.

Neos, JereonJ,

I got my sound working! I updated the kernel with the SSE3 on from irc.osx86.hu #kernel

sudo mv /mach_kernel /mach_kernel_old

sudo mv /users/username/Desktop/nd2-3/mach_kernel /mach_kernel

(replace "username" with your username if you downloaded the file to the desktop)

sudo chown root:wheel /mach_kernel

reboot

If the system is back uname -r shows now 8.8.1

then use AppleHDAPatcher v1.15 with your codec

voila sound is now working.

The only think what I miss now, is my wifi to get working, but I trust the developer at it seems that they will make it possible soon.

This means my hackintosh is mostly perfect!

Bro now you got full QE and CI , try this

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver Quartz2DExtremeEnabled -boolean true

Reboot, and you will see a slightly different speed of your gui.

Double check system profiler see if Quartz2D is enabled.

BTW are you using the SSE3 JaS beta 8 or beta 9? :gun:

Hi guys, I really need some help. im pretty new to OSX86

I have a sony vaio sz2xp and im having trouble with getting audio to work. Ive tried using tarugas patcher 1.15, and various sigmatel codec dumps like the 9225 and 7661. still cant get it to work.

Im running Mac_OS_X_10.4.8_JaS_AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3_with_PPF1_PPF2

I've scoured the forums for a while and cant seem to get any further, could someone help please?

~ Dave :thumbsup_anim:

yukieiri,

which kernel do you have ?

rb32 just got it working with 8.8.1 on 10.4.8 with the 1.15 patcher..

Try that out! Else you should download uphuck's 1.3 dvd, install the latest intel kernel (v3 on the dvd) and use 1.16 patcher, that did it for me :)

yukieiri,

which kernel do you have ?

rb32 just got it working with 8.8.1 on 10.4.8 with the 1.15 patcher..

Try that out! Else you should download uphuck's 1.3 dvd, install the latest intel kernel (v3 on the dvd) and use 1.16 patcher, that did it for me ;)

thanks :) im getting a hold of the dvd now, ill let you know how i get on.

| Dave

Bro now you got full QE and CI , try this

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver Quartz2DExtremeEnabled -boolean true

Reboot, and you will see a slightly different speed of your gui.

Double check system profiler see if Quartz2D is enabled.

BTW are you using the SSE3 JaS beta 8 or beta 9? :D

I tried it and it feels faster than before.

The kernel I#m using has a date of March 31 2007. Uname -r shows only 8.81. I don't know which one this is!

I have a Sony vgn-fe660g running on 10.4.8 Jas SSE3SSE2 PFF1 PFF2 or whatever it's title is, and earlier got the 10.4.9 patch Jas SSE3 intel. Everything is pretty good now. I got the sound working by fiddling with the drivers dumps between Sigmatel 7661 and 9225 linux dumps, then dumping it to AppleHDA patcher v 1.16. Thanks Taruga. Before I upped 10.4.9, I had continuously gotten the "codec not supported error". Frustrating as hell. The sound is okay, but I don't know if it's perfect. Didn't really test everything yet. Played a CD just find in itunes.

I don't know anything about codecs, I just fiddled by comparing the two drivers, got rid of the patch error I kept getting and it worked. Does somebody have a flawless codec for 9225 that works well? Can the changes I made ruin my audio device?

The wireless is not working, but that's not new.

I had sound problems on 10.4.8 too, it was cracking the first 2 seconds I played a song,...

I'm on uphuck 1.3 (10.4.9) now and all problems are fixed!

I just have 2 problems left on my sound (I have an FE like you) and that is:

- it does not automatically recognises if a headset is connected or not

- the stereo jack on my dock isn't working too...

couldn't find a fix for this yet, maybe some of you guys have it ?

lol, be easy mate, it takes some time before some of the guys come here! There aren't much people who daily watch this topic :)

annyways, try searching the forums for a fix, I thought Taruga's patcher had support for your card, not sure of it!