hello i have a sony vaio Fe11S and im starting on OSX world

one thing that i didnt find its a post for only vaio problems

searching

searching

searching

searching

searching

searching

some on say that geforce 7400 work and others dont please ? so ? i try lot of times and ways and no sucess

please report steap by steap how! :unsure:

same for others drives too :)

the informations about macvaio is so dispersed and vage on the forum

Audio sigmatel

geforce 7400

wireless Intel

lan

All doesn work

Tks for all help

Antonio Pirez

hi cinepires i have a vaio sz330p... i have QE/CI, 1280x800x32 screen resolution with my intel video osx see as 950... the nvidia 7400 go dont work to mee with titan or natit, i didnt try with macvidia driver!!! ethernet works perfect, dual core works perfect, hard drive work perfect, no wifi yet, no sound yet...

i have a Sony Vaio SZ2M/B

The GeForce GO 7400 works but no QE/CI, only display with mac drivers, Natit and Titan didnt work

Sigmatel 9225 <- dont work

Ethernet Marvel Yukon <- perfect

Wifi Intel 3945ABG <- dont work

i tried the stamina mod for loading with the graphic chipset intel 950GM, i have QE/CI but i can't have 1280x800 (widescreen 13,3") i have only choice between 640x800, 800x600 and 1024x800

Could you help me ranapiccola to have a good display, which version and kernel do u use ? thanks

Could you help me ranapiccola to have a good display, which version and kernel do u use ? thanks

hi yougi!!! well i installed a software called displayconfigx, you can find typing in google... this software detect all screen resolution that your graphic card and monitor support, and belive me this works... i have 13.3" too... let me know if work for you... very important this works only with QE/CI support... i have beta9 semthex sse3 kernel...but this worked with beta8 too...

any way how did you install macvidia drivers... i have a zip with 4 .kext all then go into Extensions folder?

Edited by ranapiccola

hi

Tks for all post and im more optimist about mac on vaio

still trying and i update 10.4.8 new kernel and the 7400 doent work with any drive or automatic installer ... at the moment its working but with the native mac disply 1024x760 :D

the audio doest work as the wireless too

i will tray now the displayconfigx ...... cross fingers :)

tks

Pirez

hi

Tks for all post and im more optimist about mac on vaio

still trying and i update 10.4.8 new kernel and the 7400 doent work with any drive or automatic installer ... at the moment its working but with the native mac disply 1024x760 :P

the audio doest work as the wireless too

i will tray now the displayconfigx ...... cross fingers :)

tks

Pirez

well, i try macvidia driver and didnt work my 7400 go, i believe that is it a kernel problem!!!

i am trying to resolve the sound...with toruga's pacher i going to keep you notice with...

wifi dont work yet

we have to be patience guys... remembe this is a project!!! :D ... if a have news i will post here!!!

i have a SZ1XP with same hardware..and same problem..

i try all kext for NVIDIA and INTEL but not succes :)

my laptop is ready for extensions' test :)

hi drimzy... what version of os you have?... installing 10.4.8 and 950GM kext your intel video works with QE/CI and using displayconfigx you have the appropiate resolution...

i have JaS 10.4.7 DVD + Apple 10.4.8 Intel Update + semthex beta9 kernel SSE3

Jas 10.4.8

last kernel

950GM kext

you use a patch for 950gm incluse on dvd?

i use this and when start osx resolution {censored}, i using displayconfigx but not correct my resolution,

my left screen is black :P

send me a private message with your kext (only Intel)?

i try the displayconfigx on vaio fe11s nvidia 7400 and didnt work now my lcd its Blue and no icons on desktop.... well seems doesnt work ether...

any sugention?

im using

Jas 10.4.8

last kernel

Tks

Antonio Pires

I used SwitchRes (kind of displayconfigx) to have 1280x800 at 60hz 'cause I dont know how to use displayconfigx :thumbsup_anim:(

i have now a good display and CI/QE with my chipset intel 950GM :)

Try macvidia 1.0.8 for GeForce GO 7400 to have an appropriate display but you'll not have CI/QE.

need wireless(intel 3945ABG) and audio (sigmatel 9225) to fix ^^ waiting for it

Edited by yougi

i try the displayconfigx on vaio fe11s nvidia 7400 and didnt work now my lcd its Blue and no icons on desktop.... well seems doesnt work ether...

any sugention?

i tell you displayconfigx only works with QE/CI enable... without it dont work...

i used displayconfigx with my 950GMA QE/CI enable to fix resolution to have 1280x800x32...,

Try macvidia 1.0.8 for GeForce GO 7400 to have an appropriate display but you'll not have CI/QE.

macvidia 1.0.8 do not work with new semthex kernel... produce kernel panic, the version 1.0.81 most "work" with the new kernel but... for me didnt :)

yougi try Toruga's pacher and let me know... for sigamtel 9225

Edited by ranapiccola

hello

im using Jas 10.4.8 last kernel its not supose the QE/CI its enable ???

im try all macvida all intallers didnt work

Natit and Titan didnt work

yesterday i was using the native mac drive with clean install Os Jas 10.4.8 last kernel and install the displayconfigx.... and the OS restart but nothing happens just Blue OS screen and mouse pointer

:rolleyes:

any sugestion? how remove it now? to get back the desktop

Look at my Vaio specs in sig. The GeForce 7400 Go is incompatible with Titan and Natit on my system, so I use the Intel GMA 950 to get QE and CI.

Also for those people who can't use the max resolution on their vaio: Go into the Sony Bios and change the display option to stretch to entire screen. If I do not have this option selected, my max res is something below 1280x800. However, with the option selected I get the full screen resolution of 1280x800.

Edited by kikos

Look at my Vaio specs in sig. The GeForce 7400 Go is incompatible with Titan and Natit on my system, so I use the Intel GMA 950 to get QE and CI.

Also for those people who can't use the max resolution on their vaio: Go into the Sony Bios and change the display option to stretch to entire screen. If I do not have this option selected, my max res is something below 1280x800. However, with the option selected I get the full screen resolution of 1280x800.

cool.. work perfecty now (GM 950) !

hello

about sigmatel on vaio there is other projects for wireless and audio drives on vaios dual BUT "LINUX PROJECT"

and seems

Sound is working with alsa:1.0.10

and for wifi

http://ipw3945.sourceforge.net/

well the question is i heard about some drives can be ported from linux to mac! if there is any one how know what im talking about , its just an hypothetical ideia

tks