Hacked OSx86 Updated to 10.4.3

Swad

357 posts in this topic

We've received reports that the rather creative OSx86 hacking community has created another release, this time to update existing 10.4.1 installations to many of the new features introduced in 10.4.3. Sources indicate that the new security features implemented in 10.4.3 have prevented a full release and that this update is in lieu of that release.

Check out the front page for the full story.

We've received reports that the rather creative OSx86 hacking community has created another release, this time to update existing 10.4.1 installations to many of the new features introduced in 10.4.3. Sources indicate that the new security features implemented in 10.4.3 have prevented a full release and that this update is in lieu of that release.

Check out the front page for the full story.

Anyone know if this is a legit update - only one seeder thus far, so VERY slow going (I'll have it in 34 days at last count...)

Wich site is tracking it ?

i was about to post some querry on the legits of the trackers... it claims to fix the following

Package to update OSx86 from 10.4.1 to 10.4.3. Highlights include: x86 flash plugin, updated safari, 10.4.2 exec patch, growl, and improved GUI responsiveness for those without QE.

The question is, is it justified to upgrade a current system with QE enabled and very stable? Upgrade just to get flash working is not by any means justifiable. If this is true, then is it another good step forward. At least furthur than where we all were before the patch. Without justification, i'm staying put :).

Iam DL'ing it now also..question: It has a .tar extension..would I do the update right from within mac

os 4.2.1?

Thanks!

.tar will untar in OSX fine. Just double-click on the file in 10.4.1

Don't use this on a Mac though - it's x86 only.

Got, installed it, rebooted. I do get a ~30% higher XBench score. For some reason in Safari, Macromedia Flash doesn't quite work. If I right click I see the Flash menu, but it never draws anything (like the portion of the web page is garbage "left over".

I used to have QuickTime set to handle SWF media, b/c someone that was a way of getting some flash files to work. I undid this, though, and Macromedia is definitely running, just not all that happy.

/blkblt

I know for a fact that it's 100% real, I supplied the pieces for it so you can have no doubt about its authenticity.

DeathChill do you know if there will be 10.4.3 Full DVD, I know it is big but remember that some of us are testers and when we do some tests we screw stufs so instead of installing 10.4.1 and then applying the patch it will be better to install from the 10.4.3 :D

Just a nice polite notice but could people please seed the file until at least 1.0 ratio before rebooting into OSX and running the update? I understand everyone is excited but give other people a chance to download :D

Thank you :)

when i use garageband i can't use the amp simulation.. the processor just cant handle it..

if it works with this update that would be the ultimate test.. I stil have doubts though.. cause my cpu is

sse2.. those people who tried it can u give me an insight.. u think this would improve the powerpc application speed on my sse2 xeon?

thx