Hacked OSx86 Updated to 10.4.3

Swad

357 posts in this topic

Dont' forguet to repair you disk permissions with disk utility and restart !!! ( before and after the update ! )

Evreything works fine here, flash player runs fine, and Quicktime plays now at 24 fps HD trailers 720p, before the update it was only 12 fps !!!

:lol::D:)

Apple DVD player is working ! :)

But can't change the region code... :P

Very impressive! My XBench vecLib FFT went from 5.85 to 49.08, pulling the overall CPU test up from 19.03 to 66.97 ! Only anomaly I see so far is that there is a new visible 7.4MB file named "mach_kernel" in the root directory of my boot drive, dated Oct 28 2005. Did this file somehow go awry in the patch ?

Gateway3250S

Hardware Overview:

Machine Name: Apple Development Platform

Machine Model: ADP2,1

CPU Type: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU

Number Of CPUs: 1

CPU Speed: 3 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON DSCPL TPR

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: EV91510A.86A.0470.2005.0914.1828 (Intel Corp.)

Thanks!

G

No, I have always a Kernel Panic with firewire and iMovie or Final Cut, and with iChat or Photo Booth, I don't have any picture, just blak or green screen.

In 10.4.1 I had the kernel panic with final cut but quicktime capture and ichat worked fine with my DV cam (intel ICH6 firewire)

Those who where brave enough to install the patch: Can you report more about overall stability (like finder crashes etc.), please?

On SSE2 xeon cpu no craches so far.. that includes safari/quicktime/finder.. everything else seems to work more smoothly.. its amazing the performance by the universial binary based applcations like safari and the new quick time..

overall bench mark scores are increased.. I recommend it in etiher case.. SSE3 cpus have more improvement as I can see...

First of all: thanks for all the work you've done to release this update!

XBench results raised from about 45 to 69.

Quicktime plays HD video definately faster.

But...

DVD-Player is not working here - it starts up but it's not playing any DVDs.

It just hangs...

Flash isn't working either on my machine.

Oh - and although iTunes updated to v. 6.0.1 and Quicktime updated to 7.0.4 I'm not able to see Videos from the iTMS in iTunes.

I think I will do a clean install of OSX, then install Maxxuss patch 0.5c and then the 10.4.3 update...

In 10.4.1 I had the kernel panic with final cut but quicktime capture and ichat worked fine with my DV cam (intel ICH6 firewire)

Ok, Maybe because I'm using a firewire PCI card ... but this firewire card works fine with my iPod mini...

Those who where brave enough to install the patch: Can you report more about overall stability (like finder crashes etc.), please?

Intel GUXL

P4 640 3,2 Ghz 2 MB L2

2*512 DDR2 533

250 GB SATA

Everything works fine here, no crash, no problem... my CPU test is now 70 with Xbench, it was 18,8 before the update but with cinebench (using Rosetta) I don't have any improvment.

iTunes can now play videos from iTunes music store

Quicktime is a lot faster... the biggest improvment of this update I guess...

Apple DVD player is working, but don't work with all DVD ( I don't know why... ) anyway VLC still works fine with all DVD !

Flash player is working with Safari

I think that's all... Thanks for this update :P

okay. More upsetting news: it looks like TextEdit doesn't work anymore either! I'm going to try repairing permissions once more, and running the updater once more too. But this is definitely odd probs to be having.

we have to solve this issue.. why is it not working for some people.?

I have an SSE2 Xeon

Used Deadmoo image to install ( expanded partition after with Disk utility and another hdd)

SCSI and IDE hdds

1Gb ram..

I have the Maxxuss Patch for 10.4.2 applications.I did this update on top of that.

Deleted kexts are TCPMI one and INTEL830 one..

Nvidia kext loaded 0.1

I find it very strange for not working..

post-11488-1130776387_thumb.png

First of all: thanks for all the work you've done to release this update!

XBench results raised from about 45 to 69.

Quicktime plays HD video definately faster.

But...

DVD-Player is not working here - it starts up but it's not playing any DVDs.

It just hangs...

Flash isn't working either on my machine.

Oh - and although iTunes updated to v. 6.0.1 and Quicktime updated to 7.0.4 I'm not able to see Videos from the iTMS in iTunes.

I think I will do a clean install of OSX, then install Maxxuss patch 0.5c and then the 10.4.3 update...

So far I'm running on a dvd-installed version of OSX and things are fine. I'm using the "Test3" version of the OSX Install DVD "Patcher". I have an SSE3 CPU, so I chose not to install the SSE3 hack from the DVD install menu.

I'm getting the 10.4.3 update now, but do I NEED The Maxxuss patch 0.5c? If so, what does it do? If not, why?

So is that a yes? I just want to be able to hook my JVC digital camera and export the video to FCP. alot of people said with the 10.4.1 when u plugged firewire in, FCP would crash.

So is that a yes? I just want to be able to hook my JVC digital camera and export the video to FCP. alot of people said with the 10.4.1 when u plugged firewire in, FCP would crash.

still crashing for me when I plug my camera.. i tried the ports on the creative audigy as well..

no go for me :)

EDIT: downloading the 10.4.3 full dvd.. i dont know if there will be any difference but hey.. we're here to try everything we can..

Can someone else confirm iDisk is still working, after the update it filled my startup disk and brings my system to its knees with noway to exit but a reboot and killing the user off...

I even have /Users on another drive but it fills the startup drive. BTW... My iDisk is empty but seems to full like 2 gigs to fill my starup disk up.

No probs on SSE3 Athlon, nForce4. Finder very stabile.

well, xbench is not amzing: before 47 after 53. This is... ok :)

Flash, Safari, iTunes, DeerParc, ImageReady CS2 no problem. Even fixed a kernel panic I had before, when I

tried to connect my bluetooth headset. Even Frontrow is still yellow but much faster responding and no

glitches. Photo preview still does not display any pics, even in rosetta mode, no biggie, using another viewer.

All in one i would say it is a very stabile and careful package.

MAIL APP IS BROKEN!!!!!!!!! :):o:o

it now occurs to me that the only things that DO work from this update are the CPU enhancements, and safari with flash for some people. I'm still happy with the updates, but I would like a way to bring back the old versions I had of mail.app, and textedit.app. For that matter any other apps that don't work anymore...

we have to solve this issue.. why is it not working for some people.?

To be honest: I don't have the slidest idea... :o

screen7dl.th.jpg

As you can see, the flash animation that you posted is simply a "black hole" here! :)

Curious: iTunes played the "Saw II"-Trailer here without any problems, too. But the preview of Madonna's "Vogue" video did not. :o

okay. I'm noticing more and more that applications which would be running before under intel are now required to be run under rosetta, the exception to the rule is safari, which for inexplicable reasons still works fine despite the update.

Preview, Mail, and Texedit are all suffering from this problem. iPhoto appears to be another exception.

Mail.app WILL NOT RUN even under Rosetta (it just crashes here.)