357 posts in this topic

pre-patch: 44

post-patch:49

Sony Vaio FS15LP

Pentium M 1.6

1024 DDR RAM

Geforce 6200go TC

80gig Fujitsu 5400 RPM

Not a crazy improvement but ya know. I am just happy they are working on it. I hope someone releases a nvidia driver patch tho. It shouldn't be too hard to make one once they release a working osx86 on an intel notebook powered by either ATI/ Nvidia.(I highly doubt that they will be sticking to the sh&^ty or shall I say "graphically challenged" intel 900 for long) Anyways kudos to you all the genius who worked on this patch. (maybe next time you can help get us widescreen rez wink wink)

Hi...

I updated to 10.4.3 on a Dell 4700 and It starts to boot but freezes on a solid

blue screen..can move the mouse around tho...strange.

Iam DL'ing the Dev Kit now...wonder if that will work?

Thanks to all who are trying to make this happen..may you all receive the

best head on the planet!

Flash is broken for me. I have tried using the older version of Safari but same thing even with Rosetta. I can right click and get the menu but no image.

Exactly the same situation here.

I installed Flash 7 for Safari with Rosetta before the update.

Maybe this older Flash version has to be "uninstalled" in some way...

i noticed that you don't have any inbox or anything set up for mail. Perhaps that's why it's working fine for you? iPhoto works here too, but Preview only under Rosetta and the same is true for TextEdit, only under Rosetta.

Do you have an SSE3 CPU?

I click "show package contents" on the mail.app directory and went into the MacOS folder where I found the mail application. I dragged that over to Terminal and got this error:

/Applications/Mail.app/Contents/MacOS/Mail: Bad executable (or shared library)

nope, i went into the directory and found the executable, but it still won't load.

Are you guys running on SSE3 machines or SSE2 machines? If so, what version of the Maxxuss patch are you running? And did you have the 10.4.2 patch installed also?

[edit] It seems that only people not on SSE3 machines are having these problems [/edit]

For me worked perfectly. I did a fresh install using the patched dvd with sse2 patches (p4 northwood), then I installed Maxxus 0.5c and finally the new update. Everything works perfect, at seems a lot faster.

btw this is the crash i get when running mail.app under rosetta:

2005-10-31 13:27:58.565 Mail[390] Installing HTTPMail Preferences panel

2005-10-31 13:27:58.566 Mail[390] Installing HTTPMail Account Setup Assistant

2005-10-31 13:27:58.806 Mail[390] enabling global exception handler

2005-10-31 13:27:58.807 Mail[390] Daniels httpmail plugin loaded

2005-10-31 13:27:58.808 Mail[390] Checking OS version

2005-10-31 13:27:58.809 Mail[390] registering account type

2005-10-31 13:27:58.831 Mail[390] registered account type

2005-10-31 13:27:59.217 BBNotificationServer[391] *** -[NSBundle load]: Error loading code /Library/InputManagers/Smart Crash Reports/Smart Crash Reports.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Smart Crash Reports for bundle /Library/InputManagers/Smart Crash Reports/Smart Crash Reports.bundle, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ())

2005-10-31 13:27:59.220 BBNotificationServer[391] *** -[NSBundle load]: Error loading code /Users/suleiman/Library/InputManagers/Inquisitor/Inquisitor.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Inquisitor for bundle /Users/suleiman/Library/InputManagers/Inquisitor/Inquisitor.bundle, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ())

Oct 31 13:28:01 macosx-3 crashdump[392]: BBNotificationServer crashed

Oct 31 13:28:01 macosx-3 crashdump[392]: crash report written to: /Users/suleiman/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/BBNotificationServer.crash.log

And this is what I get without Rosetta:

no entries in the error log.

ok, this is what i did: Didn't get the required space for install, almost... so I changed the value of the info.plist in the package, run it waited and when it got 200 megs or so, the system told me I was getting low on space, well, it was almost done but never finished installing, it just froze... so I though, *well i'm sure I ruined the system...* I pressed the restart button and it booted! I have quicktime unibin working, safari ppc running faster!, mail ok, no crashes so far, but a lot of less disk space... :)

okay, found the "Open" command for running files in Terminal. It doesn't come up with any errors, just runs the command, mail bounces once, and then nothing happens.

I'm wondering if this is a kernel issue. Would I be able to downgrade by running Maxxuss' 0.5c patch? Would this screw up anything else on my system? Obviously I'm going to backup the important stuff, but anytime I can save would be great.

[edit] tried downgrading my patched kernel, still no go. I miss mail :'( [/edit]