New JaS DVD (AMD, INTEL SSE2, SSE3)

NemoKOF

455 posts in this topic

Anyone in SE London, or working in canary Wharf with the full DVD and seed info?

I could add another seed real quick....

I don't think Jas would meet anyone nevermind give away his location. Anyway unless you had 100mb up I doubt 1 extra seed will make a difference.

I am proud to announce that we now have a new Macintosh saying. Demonoid is currently experiencing what we shall now call, "The JaS Effect".

WAY TO GO JaS!

1194 leechers, 1 seeder (JaSser)

you rock jaS. Demonoid is totaly slow even on t3 becaue of the "JaS effect"

I don't think Jas would meet anyone nevermind give away his location.

Anyone connected to the bittorrent seeder can do a traceroute on the IP address to find their geographic location.

FYI, JaS is located in the state of Florida, unless he's doing some sort of redirection of his IP.

Jobs & Co. could probably find him, if they really wanted to put forth the effort.

Got it! (just got home)

Yup probably seeds everywhere now!

Currently unpacking it and burning it to DVD. More soon...

Yeah I was sitting at roughly 60% last night but left it going... it WAS still downloading "something". I come back at noon today and it was done. I guess once everyone woke up and/or made it back to work, it was ON, cuz..... 404 seeders now vs the 1 12 hours ago. Woohoo! I'll leave it seeding for a while anyway. About to burn the iso.

:crosses fingers:

:)

I made a thread for this, but since no one has responded there yet, I'll ask here, since I'm getting the new JAS release:

Hi everyone.

I've always been tempted to try OSX on my machine ever since I heard it was now possible.

Now here's the deal, I have a SATA drive and an IDE drive. I want to install OSX on the IDE drive, as I don't want to muck up my Windows SATA drive. The thing is, my IDE drive has Ubuntu installed currently as the primary partition.

I was thinking about using GParted to resize my partition to give OSX it's own second partition to install on. Will this work?

I'm not sure if OSX has any problems running as a second partition, so I want to ask first before jumping in and getting my hands dirty.

I also want to ask if it'll mess with Grub, or will grub stay relatively safe? I didn't really tell Ubuntu to store grub in any special way, so Grub was setup on this drive with the default parameters.

Also I want to say that I'm running an A64 3500+ venice core with an MSI ATi chipset motherboard (RS 480, SB400 chipset motherboard) with an eVGA GeForce 7600 CO PCI-E 16x video card

tcpx:

honestly. the safest action would be to have one hard-drive that you want to install OSX to and disconnect the others. after installation, hook everything back up and install whatever boot loader you see fit.

i've mucked up so many windows and linux installs by trying to shuffle multiple installs that it's not even funny. :S stay safe.. and back up first :)

Just booted!

Works fine! Now to find some good drivers for my Ati Mobility 9600

I didn't install any drivers from JaS's pack because I couldn't find any matching hardware. I don't suppose I could use the Ait x600 drivers or something? Then which one should I use?

Not working for me on Abit IC7 board (Intel 875 chipset):

(last 4 lines display:)

Waiting for boot volume with UUID 3F2....etc.

Waiting on <dict IO="0"><key>IOProviderClass....etc.

IOATAController device blocking bus.

Still waiting for root device

Still waiting for root device

When booting from this "JaS DVD (AMD, INTEL SSE2, SSE3)" DVD on 2.4 GHz P4 SSE2 Northwood; Seagate SATA (or also IDE) HD on Abit IC7 board.

This version displays no gray Apple logo, only the Darwin screen's multi-line code display, until the final line: "Still waiting for root device".

Edited by richtig

question, i have an old compy and i wanna put this x86 on it, but i can't burn dvds, but i have an external hd, is there any way to get this onto that compy?

Please state the spec. of your computer. OSx86 will not work on old computers(3 or more years)

Can someone help a noob.... :)

Ok, so I am not really a noob, and you guys know that....

Anyway, I have 10.4.6 stable as pie (is pie stable) but have audio/video apps that I do NOT want to lose.

My mother board is Intel and CPU D930 (dual core), and I asked a few weeks ago about updating, and got a few replies but

the replies all pointed to the same place where there is so much information overload, I don't know where to begin.

From 10.4.4 to 10.4.6 was rather easy using a few terminal commands.....but going from 10.4.6 to .4.8 seems like there are so many options that I for once, ok, more than once, am at a loss.

Will this DVD work out of the box? My fear is losing all my apps and having to wipe the HD as I now use it to do work and the reason I want .8 is to try the Fireworks and Photoshop UB beta's which you can only do with 10.4.8.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Installed it with natit but like i expected it didnt work. It never did before, no res switching and no ci/qe. So i try to delete natit.kext but it wasnt there in extensions??? So i added only titan.kext and voila it worked ci/qe.

Then i run xbench and compared to 1047 this versions give me a nice speedboost everthing went up between 40% and 100% :) Nice very nice. It kind of feels good to have a real and fully working osx 10.4.8 :D

Thanks Jas

Edited by wow

question, i have an old compy and i wanna put this x86 on it, but i can't burn dvds, but i have an external hd, is there any way to get this onto that compy?

If the old compy has SSE2, just put the drive in one of your other computers and install to it, then just put it back in the old machine.

Make sure to set up your graphics before the switch, you may have to tinker with some kexts after you're done.

Got it! In 6 hours.

Started dlding when it was at 50%.

Then used a trick: everytime a bunch of files was finished, I will remove the torrent, and reload it without selecting them, so that sped up the process.

I am now seeding with the whole lot :)

Well i'm contemplating downloading the CD. I have the old JaS download with the 10.4.8 kernel. Would any would recommend that I download the new image? I have everything I want working so I'm not sure the download time, tinkering, and rebuilding would be worth it.