New JaS DVD (AMD, INTEL SSE2, SSE3)

NemoKOF

455 posts in this topic

I got it downloaded and burned to DVD!

I can boot up the installation but I get an "disk0: I/O Error" before the install GUI starts and Disk Utility apparently can't Erase the disk. It's a normal PATA disk on the same BUS as the DVD-drive.

That sucks...

Edited by rohde

Working for me but I did need to do a little tweaking to get some things working.

1. Install a working copy of AppleBCM44x kext. The version in this one is not an intel binary.

2. Had to update PCI ID to allow my Atheros card to work.

3. Natit doesn't work properly on my system (hangs at a black screen). Titan does work so it would have been nice if Titan had been included too.

Overall an excellent release just needs a little bit more tweaking to get good compatibility on my system. I assume others will end up having some of the issues I have so hopefully JaS can work on a PPF to resolve all the minor problems.

just installed and wow.. works almost perfectly... i finally got titan working- and straight from install- perfect! however i didn't see an option in the install for wirless networking like the previous jas internal release.. so i don't have wireless working..

otherwise.. great dvd!

OK, I'm just about to try it myself. I have an old 10.4.6 upgraded to 10.4.8 already on here, working (except for the wireless and full nVidia 6800 Go support). Didn't dawn on me until now that this is a full install DVD - can I slap this on top of the old one or could I expect problems? Luckily because I couldn't get better than 1024x768 I haven't done much of anything with it, but if I had, I'd be stuck right now. I suppose I'll find out regardless, but since I'm about an hour away from getting into it, thought someone would have an experience to share.

Sounds like the video stuff works without having to edit kext files... hmmmm!

T.I.A.

-C

Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop, 2 gigs RAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 Go

Dense.

I assume the AppleBCM44x kext file you refer to is the reason that in all previous releases I had wireless after the install and now don't? Where does one find an intel version of this file?

Thanks

This is correct. I got the version from my old install. There are other methods to solve the problem such as playing with the NetworkInterface.plist file. Best thing is to get a versions of the file that its an intel binary though.

rohde, try putting the DVD drive as slave and the HDD as master and see what you get :2cents:

Thanks! I tried that and it worked. Well sort of. The installation went smoothly, but upon reboot it just hangs at a black screen.

Hi, everybody.

Thanks, JaS.

O JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.iso(4.37GB) [md5] 8CED8C38FE55392E71C02C71AF6C554F

Is it right?

After "Preparing Installation" window,

I saw the following error message.(2.4c_ht_sse2, 1024ram, fx5600, samsung 200gb)

When I installed the 10.4.6_jas.iso and the 10.4.7_jas_repack.iso on vmware5.5.3(physical hard method), no problem.

How about you?

post-14017-1167962663_thumb.jpg

post-14017-1167976230_thumb.png

Edited by chival4ry

Installs and works fine on an ECS VIA P4M800-Pro board with CeleronD 356 SSE3 CPU, SATA HD, using onboard video.

The motherboard LAN was not recognized, so added a D-Link (Realtek chip) NIC, which is working.

Thanks to JaS, Semthex, and other beta testers.

Note: as noted previously in this thread, this disc would not boot to installer setup screen on an Abit IC7 (Intel 875 chipset) board with 2.4 GHz Northwood SSE2 CPU.

Edit: The ECS board's onboard AC97 audio only produces sound on the left channel.

Edited by richtig

I have Tubgirl's release working so on another clean formatted pata HD I decided to install thei JAS release. No error messages during installation of files. I followed the suggestions to the letter. On first boot (and every time thereafter) After about 2 minutes during the boot process I get Kernal Panic. (see enclosed jpg) Anyone know a way around this??

post-23729-1167963938_thumb.jpg

I have Tubgirl's release working so on another clean formatted pata HD I decided to install thei JAS release. No error messages during installation of files. I followed the suggestions to the letter. On first boot (and every time thereafter) After about 2 minutes during the boot process I get Kernal Panic. (see enclosed jpg) Anyone know a way around this??

FIXED

>> Same problem

installing on athlon 64 machine

im gonna try boot with -s and remove natit

removed all the NV/ GEFORCE kexts

copied same over from backed up extensions folder

got titan[natit gives no output to panel]

chmod / chown

reboot

Edited by necrophage

FIXED

>> Same problem

installing on athlon 64 machine

im gonna try boot with -s and remove natit

removed all the NV/ GEFORCE kexts

copied same over from backed up extensions folder

got titan[natit gives no output to panel]

chmod / chown

reboot

Thanks for the reply and tip. Is it worth the hassle?? Tubgirl's install is working flawlessly. Dual monitors with natit.

Any advantage you see with the Jas install??

Thanks!!

Got the network working. I believe the needed steps are fairly simple.

1. Install 10.4.8 (new dvd)

2. Put the 10.4.7 dvd in

3. Run pacifist (in the Extra Apps folder)

4. On the 10.4.7 dvd right click the "Install bundled Software only" and find original

5. Open the "JaS.10.4.7.Combo.Update.pkg in pacifist

6. Install IONetworkingFamily.kext

7. Fix permissions

8. Restart

My process was way more screwed up than this. I'm now going to try the above.

I actaully updated from 10.4.7 and ran the wireless installer and then installed IONetworkingFamily.kext but I think that the above is sufficient.