HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

Hi again

JCCool I ll need your help in this

I found a Sapphire X1950XT 512 MB :)

(320 euros including shipping :) )

Now what if the device ID is different than the recomended ones ?

I think it works for 7240, 7244 and 7249, right ?

Since I m not able to check the card before I buy it,

I dont want to spend 320 euros for nothing.

You think you can help me in that ?

And another thing.

In XP, i ll have to uninstall the drivers of the X1950pro before I install the X1950XT

Should I do something in OSX ?

I guess, since I installed your drivers for X1950XT

I shouldnt touch anything. Just replace the cards. Right ?

Thanks in Advance

Psyhiatros

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I have an ATI X1900XTX and your drivers work perfectly on my 24" LCD.

After pulling my hair out, you've saved the day. Good Job.

.ag.

picture1vx3.th.png

See, my x1900xtx works out of the box. I install 10.4.8 and it works and I can play games. However it's over VGA. Won't work over DVI. I install the update listed here and nothing changes at all.

And the "about this mac" doesn't display for me. It only reboots the GUI.

So are you doing something different to get your x1900xtx working?

Worked on my x1950xt 256mb "out of the box"... this is after NatIt methods failed completely.

THANKS! This certainly needs to be added to the Video HowTo sticky - I didn't find it there, too a TON of searching to find this thread.

Is it possible to mod you Installer that my ATI All In Wonder X1900 will work?

My Card have same ID like the X1900XT (7249), but you installer did not work.

Afetr reboot i have no display.

I Use a 30" Dell, connected over DVI (DualDVI Link) so that i can get my Resolution about 2560x1600.

Is it possible to get my card work?

Thx a lot!

Hello people,

please I need some help here

As I previously stated I already have the X1950 Pro 512 MB

but I have also found a X1950 XT 512 MB (from the net) at 320 euros

and a X1950 XTX 512 MB (from a shop) at 325 euros.

(all from Sapphire)

The question is which one ?

Any chance to find out the device ID before i give them my precious money ?

Thanks to all

Have a happy month

Psyhiatros

waht about x1950GT? any knows on that?

Read a couple pages back... someone got a GT working.

About benchmarking and OpenGL... has anyone tried GioFX OpenMark? It's an OpenGL benchmark utility. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=327301

I'm loving my CI/QE here though it seemed strange that this program crashes when I try to run it in benchmark mode. I'm running installer .3 for X1950XT 7244 on core2 w/ 10.4.9 and universal 8.9.1 kernel.

By the way thanks, JCCool, for making your installer to help plebes such as myself who don't have the skills to make custom kexts for themselves. 

hmm this is weird. i got a saphire x1950xt. stuck in my hackintosh, and the machine wont boot. i plugged in the power for the card and everthing. no go, the LED on the motherboard is on green. so the motherboard is getting power. i take off the power plug fromt he vid card, the machine boots but i get garbled stuff on the screen. the powersupply is a 500W unit. but its not PCIe ready so i bought a molex to 6pin pcie power. weird.....i dont get it...bad card? board is a Asus P5GV-MX. ideas?

I had intalled Jccool Method (software driver for sapphire x1950xt) but i have ATI MSI x1950xtx(ID 7240).

So my graphic card is running ok but i have lower graphic scores then 7900gtx,7900gto etc...

How can i uninstall this driver because i wanna install titan.

I had intalled Jccool Method (software driver for sapphire x1950xt) but i have ATI MSI x1950xtx(ID 7240).

So my graphic card is running ok but i have lower graphic scores then 7900gtx,7900gto etc...

How can i uninstall this driver because i wanna install titan.

Hi,

why would yoiu want to install titan? it WILL NOT work with titan, titan is NVIDIA ONLY. if you have an nvidia card too, poper in and install titan. (although natit is far better and titan is discontinued)

Jccool disregard my last post, i just changed powersupplies with one that has PCIe power and card worked. It booted to the desktop at 1024x768. I installed your .3pkg. I have a Saphire X1950xt 256MB. It is deviceID 7244. Ok, i restarted, and nothing. i just get a blue screen. im using dvi->vga adapter. uninstalled, tried again, same. blue screen. went back to my gma900 and it sees the x1950xt as a pcie card in system profiler. but weird it will not boot to the desktop. on bootup it says something like 'atibios 16MB'

suggestions?

btw im running 10.4.8

Jccool:

My HIS X1950XT 256M works fine with installer .3 except for one problem: I got bad gamma and blurred letters. I installed 10.4.8 amd final, and later updated to 10.4.9 with Jas combo update and 8.9.1 kernal. and I am using DVI cable to connect to my LCD flat panel monitor. Can you help me solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

I found this thread in this forum,

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=38573

It seems that I am having the same problem. i tried to connect the 2nd dvi port of x1950xt to vga port of my LCD with a dvi-vga adapter, but the problem still exists. I also found that my LCD monitor is actually not recognized by the system, it is "unknown monitor" on the device list. While I noticed that most ppl using 0.3 pkg in this forum got their monitors recognized correctly. how can i get my monitor recognized? Please help!

Hello,

I have a ATI Radeon X1900

ID:7249

Vendor: ATI

Mac OS X 10.4.9

I have lots of things, like the extensions 7249 jccool method, NatitX1900, X1950XT Installer 0.3.pkg, but none of them really worked for me. So I nearly gave it up. But then I once again tried the X1950XT Installer 0.3.pkg and it kind of worked. What really confused me, was that the screen was photographic negative, but only after I logged me in. When I tried to log in as another user, the colors were perfectly normal. The only other problem I have with this installer is that I can't go into sleep mode (when I trie it, the computer shuts down completly).

Does anybody have an idea, why the colors turn that way when I log in as an admiminstrator and what I can do to solve this problem?

post-89886-1178827216_thumb.png

post-89886-1178827244_thumb.png That's the way I see it when I'm logged in as that user

Bump!?

Jccool? my system is nealy gone, i tried Natit_uni, and i got a blue screen on startup. Fine. I disabled PCIe on the BIOS and went back to 'internal VGA' it booted up, but the image is all messed up. its compleltely blue, you canot make out any items on the desktop or the desktop at all. i can see the mouse clearly though, and when i move it i can see the dock move but just blobs of blue. i followed natit's instructions on how to uninstall, but nothing :lol: still all blue on the internal vga, so in short it seems that natit's method screwed up my gma900. anyway to try to fix this? i dont wanna re-install...

ok i was able to get my hackintosh working again. i booted to safe mode -x, re-installed diabolik gma900.pkg, and voila, i can use my mac again. but still i cannot get the x1950xt using any method. maybe something else i can try? i installed the .3.pkg, i restart, i tell the bios to use the pcie card for display, and i get a 'aqua' blue scree, like it looks like just when its about to boot into the desktop, but it just stays in the blue screen forever. i dont get it. :wacko:

Hi Jccool,

i have a sapphire 1950 XT and used your installer, i have one dvi Monitor and another VGA (with adapter)

Everything worked fine, reslolution switching, quartz extreme and core image worked perfect, dual displays worked too,

only one thing did not work. I cannot arrange the main OSX Window to the left Display it always stays on the right Monitor,

the control panel in "display" doesn´t work on my system. I tried to change the VGA Monitor to the other side of the graphic

Card, but then I have a black screen on the DVI Monitor. Maybe you have an idea. But I wanna thank you for the great work,

maybe I try to connect a 30 " Display with dual DVI ..

Best Wishes !

Gerd

Hi gary.

I think the best thing would be to get your display preferancepane working, you may have to reinstall osx maybe, i'v never seen this... but in there you can do everything... select main monitor, make clone of master etc...

good luck,

BTW someone suggested 10.4.9 kexts, if anyone knows where to get them, id like to try to get em goin...

Jccool

Hi,

Just to let everyone know... I modded my method to use 10.4.9 kexts and saw almost no difference. with the old kexts, my gfx get 190 on xbench, with 10.4.9 i get 191 so there is no need for a new installer...

Jccool