HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

Forgot to thank you Jcool.. :unsure:

I got the sapphire card from newegg for 189$ and it works perfectly.

DVI QE/CI and Resolutions of 1440x990 all work and look flawless.

Thanks for the great work.

I guess the only outstanding issues are standby and sleep but that is really small stuff compared to being able to use the card to its fullest.

Xbench is around 140. With a intel dual core e6400. Friend with real mac G5 ran it and only got around 100 :) .whats everybody else getting...?

Thanks again :star_smile:

@bman,

I think i'v said this before, delete anything natit,x1000,nv40, related prior to installation for best reults, your not forced to though, i think it will replace but certain versions of natit will make your ac not boot so,

Jccool

btw, off topic but can anyone ell me if it is worth updating to 10.4.9?

thx

JCCool you are THE x1950 MAN !!!

changed install dvd (the one in my signature works perfectly) and just installed your installer before ANY configuration of OSX and...........

:P magically dual dvi, qe ci rotation and so on enabled and working!

Thanks a lot, pardon for my stupidity..... cheers :angel:

jccool,

This works great! I researched driver support before buying a card, got the x1950xt and now i'm up and running with a fully functional OSX build. Only thing I noticed is that I seem to get some tearing when the flurry screensaver is running. It may be that the motherboard limits me to 4x, but it doesn't seem that it should matter. Just thought I'd pass that along. Keep up the good work!

Hello,

A fellow member named prometheus-t, has found a way to get the X1950XTX Urber Edition with the Jccool Method

Here it is in his words,

The first thing I did was to run Jccool's installer; then I went in and changed the dev Id's to 7248 in ATIRadeonX1000.kext and ATIRadeonX1000GA.kext. Upon reboot, I kept getting "Input not supported." Normally, I have my DVI Flat panel hooked up to the Crossfire connector, but I had heard that some need VGA to DVI connectors, so I busted out an old CRT and the adapter. I played with several configurations, and finally determined something very strange - you have to have a display connected to the Crossfire connector, and a display connected to the regular DVI port. When you do this, you get display on the DVI port, while the Crossfire connector display remains dark. The system acts like the Crossfire connector display is connected, and even reports its model/mfg. As I didn't want to drag out my CRT everytime I boot Hackintosh (Linux is my primary OS), I went ahead and hooked up the secondary port to the VGA connector on my Flat panel, so I now have both the Crossfire DVI connector, and the DVI to VGA adapted 2nd port (still on the main crossfire card) connected to the same monitor. I then had to login blind, as naturally, the blank Crossfire connection was chosen as the primary display. I then played the game of "grab the window" after right-clicking and selecting "change background." After many attempts, I managed to drag the System Prefs window over to the screen and turn on mirroring. I now have a fully functional system with rotation and QE. I haven't tested for stability yet, but it seems ok. I haven't even thought about trying to get the secondary card up and running - I'll save that for a day when I need a second display.

P.S. DVI does work on the second port, I'm just too lazy to switch the Crossfire and VGA cables. If a monitor had 2 DVI ports, you could run 2 DVI cables - one to the Crossfire cable, and one to the Extra DVI port. The Crossfire connected one would stay blank, naturally.

He and I both hope this will help more people,

Enjoy :-)

so i just install your driver and you rock!!!!! ))

ATI Radeon X1900 Series:

Chipset Model:	ATI Radeon X1900 Series
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	PCIe
 VRAM (Total):	256 MB
 Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
 Device ID:	0x724b
 Revision ID:	0x0000
 Displays:
Монитор VGA:
 Resolution:	1024 x 768 @ 85 Hz
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Not Supported
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Not Supported
Display:

but my QE is working i don't know why here "Not Supported" ))

Hey Jccool, im having some issues with your driver/installer =(

I install the pkg as instructed, run a quick repair permissions and reboot.

In verbose mode i can see the kext being loaded, but where it would normal give me the "loading mac os" screen i just get either a red/white or Blue screen, solid color.

I then have to boot into the OS using VMware and remove all the atiradeon kexts or replace all ati kexts from the initial install to get back into native.

I have the ATI Radeon x1900xt 512mb (7249) which is stated to work, but i've had no luck trying any method :rolleyes:

Another thing that may be causing the problem is maybe my chipset, Via K8t8something or other =P but im not that good at debugging osx yet.

I've trawled hundreds of topics relating to the Blue/red/white screen issue but the informations either sparse or not a help.

Any tips you can give me?

EDIT:

I've also tried Natit/auto/x1900xt kexts, as well as Diaboliks installers (chown/chmodded the kexts)

With natit auto i can see it loading my gfx card with the correct dev id, but i get a wierd checkered screen with that =)

Im using a dvi-> dsub adaptor for my monitor from the dvi port (Both of them give the same issue)

¬Notmeagain

:tomato: I have try your installer on my ATI 1950 pro that flash to Saphire 1950XT and it did not work, it didn't give me the CQ or EQ or what everever you call it!!! The reason I flash my card to the XT because I could never get the Pro to work so I flash it to the XT, and it seem like everyone get there XT to work!!! Here my old pro device ID 7280 and Here My new one after I flashed 72c4!!! Any help at all Jccool!!! ;)

My card (x1900 XT ) working great noW :P diabolic driver just crash my 10.4.9 . but Jjcool fixed my 10.4.9

now i would love to get ati display pannel working its realy great lets you fool around, trouble is it will only work on a G5 machine , but i found this thread about how to fool it but i cant get it to work.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...ati+diplay+util

@Pandnaka.

I don't think you shouldve flashed your card (if this theory worked wouldnt every 1950 pro user do that? you cant get qe/ci on the pro (the fact that you misspelled that definatly demonstrates lack of research fore it is written on page 1 post 1 of this thread, qe/ci/ogl) I recommend you reflash your card to pro, also, you flashed to 724c when it is 7244 you need (not that that would work)

Jccool,

@candykane, yes the ati utillity would be interesting ( imj surprised an intel version of it hasnt been made or ccc for that matter, ill try the tutorial tonight (on windows pc right now)

Jccool

hi to all

I have the Sapphire X1950 PRO 512 MB.

I downloaded the installer and it worked (resolutions).

Not easy though. It took 5-6 reboots and a few black screens.

So far it works but...

I just paid 190 euros (I live in Greece) for the card and I wonder

should I pay 200-300 euros more for the XT version ?

I currently work with 10.4.8 and i dont think i ll change it any time soon.

I closed the case of the Dual boot (acronis) PC

(a rather heavy mini ITX with P4 3.2 GHz/2 GB RAM/3 SATA HDD's (530 GB in total)/2 DVD-RW

and I dont want to make any more modifications.

So does anybody think it will be a driver for PRO ?

or should i buy the XT one ?

How can I find the device ID of the card before I buy it ? (IF I decide to buy the XT)

Thanks all.

JCCOOL Great Job

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1950 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7280

Revision ID: 0x009a

Displays:

17'' LCDMonitor: