HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

I have a X1900 GT with the device id 724b , i install Jccool drivers and i modify ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist at IOPCIMatch Key and replace 7244 by 724b and it's fully woriking :)

Dual view, QE/CI .

Thanks a lot.

Thanks for this tip! I have an x1900GT and I added 0x724b1002 after installing jccool 0.3 installer and I have dual DVI now.

ATI Radeon X1900 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1900 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x724b

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1600 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Toshiba TV:

Resolution: 1280 x 720 @ 60 Hz

Core Image: Supported

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Television: Yes

Great job on the driver side Jccool, i followed a previous part of your post in which you said to another member :

I was thinking, since the x1950 pro is based on the x1900 gt, and the x1900 gt is based on the x1900xt (r580) then I think you

should try the Jccool Method. If it worked for my sapphire x1950xt based on the x1900 xt then it should work on yours,i think it is worth a try .

I have modified what I did for mine to fit 7280. I really think you should give it a try.

If you do delete anything natit related and delete the 5 files included in my zip from your extensions folder and sudo mv the ones i gave, then sudo chown root...

Hope it helps your qe/ci situation, remember, vga only and right dvi port.

Good Luck,

Here is the link to the zip

http://files-upload.com/files/42509/ati1950pro.zip.html

I have a Sapphire X1950 PRO 512Mb AGP and your fix you uploaded for the ATI X1950 PRO has worked, sought of. Heres the reading in the System Profiler about my card:

Display:

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: PCI

Device ID: 0x7280

Revision ID: 0x009a

Displays:

T910B:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 85 Hz

Core Image: Not Supported

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

i cant see anyreason why QE and CI shouldnt work if its running on an X1950XT, this is proberbly been asked before but is there a way to get it to show 512 mb for VGA ram?

i also get the error no valid video device when i try to play dvds, is this because of the lack of CI QE?

Hello,

I have an Intel P4c 2.6ghz running with Mac OSX 10.4.4 .

Before, I had a Radeon 9700 Pro AGP, and it was working fine.

I have now a X1950XT AGP, and the boot was blocking till I installed the Jccool drivers v0.3 . Now, I've got a blinking between plain blue & plain black screen, in 720x400@70hz after the boot sequence, and it hangs there...

In my boot preference, I'm asking for a 1280x960@70hz which is running fine in debug (-x) mode. Just tried with 1024x768@60hz and got the same result...

Any idea what I could try to do ?

Do I have to install anything more coz it's an AGP card ?

Thanks in advance..!

CPU = P4c 2.6ghz

Mobo = Asus P4P800 Deluxe

RAM = 1 GB Corsair DDR

CG = Gecube X1950XT (X) AGP 256MB (last X means it's an O/C version, it's not a XTX )

Device ID = 0x7244

ok, thanks anyway...

I'll report here if I can find a solution... Right now, I'm waiting to finish to dl the 10.4.8 by JaS . I spent last 2 days trying to make work the 10.4.9 by Uphuck without success... :D

I just ordered one of this baby's. Very cheap these days now ;) about 200 euro's for the 1950xt 512mb version.

If it wheren't for OS X I went for a HD2900XT though, but this is one of the fastest supported OS X cards :)

I have a X1900 GT with the device id 724b , i install Jccool drivers and i modify ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist at IOPCIMatch Key and replace 7244 by 724b and it's fully woriking :)

Dual view, QE/CI .

Thanks a lot.

Doesn't work for me :P I have a 1950GT an id=7288. When i boot with the modified Info.plist i get an error message during the boot that says "Press the Power Button fo a few sexonds or use the reboot button blabla" :rolleyes:

No other solution for the 1950GT yet? :D:( :(

ok, i was going to go thru this entire thread...but...nevermind. let me just ask.

Jccool method was the only method that worked on my Radeon X1900XT 256 card. Natit's only made it boot to blue. Even tried the manual methods. But from what i am reading i should be getting QE support, and i am not (in my system profiler). I downloaded the QuartzSimple to turn on QE and disable Beam Sync, but Enable Quartz Extreme was greyed out and said "not supported". What gives? I am VERY new to the Mac x86 thing, but have gotten JAS 10.4.8 working with only the ViaRhine kext fix and now the Jccool ATI fix. And while my internet drops occasionally, and some of the computer functions seem slow (including video) i am so far very happy. Any help would be appreciated.

ok, i was going to go thru this entire thread...but...nevermind. let me just ask.

Jccool method was the only method that worked on my Radeon X1900XT 256 card. Natit's only made it boot to blue. Even tried the manual methods. But from what i am reading i should be getting QE support, and i am not (in my system profiler). I downloaded the QuartzSimple to turn on QE and disable Beam Sync, but Enable Quartz Extreme was greyed out and said "not supported". What gives? I am VERY new to the Mac x86 thing, but have gotten JAS 10.4.8 working with only the ViaRhine kext fix and now the Jccool ATI fix. And while my internet drops occasionally, and some of the computer functions seem slow (including video) i am so far very happy. Any help would be appreciated.

QuartzSimple enables Q2DE (Quartz 2D Extreme) not QE (Quartz Extreme) you need QE already working before you can enable Q2DE.

Try to reinstall Jccool's driver package, and be sure you havent installed any other gfx-card "fixes" or drivers, as they might conflict.

Look in your extensions folder before you reinstall jccool package, and delete any Natit versions thats already there.

(also check that your dev ID on your card is supported)

QuartzSimple enables Q2DE (Quartz 2D Extreme) not QE (Quartz Extreme) you need QE already working before you can enable Q2DE.

Try to reinstall Jccool's driver package, and be sure you havent installed any other gfx-card "fixes" or drivers, as they might conflict.

Look in your extensions folder before you reinstall jccool package, and delete any Natit versions thats already there.

(also check that your dev ID on your card is supported)

ok, had ONE Natit.kext in my /Library/Extensions folder. Deleted it. Reinstalled Jccool pkg. Did not work. I am using:

ATI Radeon X1900 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1900 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

Device ID: 0x724b

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

FPD2185W:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Core Image: Not Supported

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display:

which again, from what i am reading is working with others machines. SO i would like to get the QE working so i can enable Q2DE...I understood what i was saying, just stated it poorly. Thanks for the suggestion...was sad it didn't work.

EDIT: Just read thru this thread again, so followed some older instructions. Deleted my old ATINDRV.kext, installed Jccool's...deleted the two extension kexts and reloaded. Was back to fresh install graphics (1024x768, no other options)...used the Jccool installer again, and came back to life...without CI/QE.

Chaosmunki, did you not read this tread?, the answer seems to be just a few posts up (post 276)

Thanks for this tip! I have an x1900GT and I added 0x724b1002 after installing jccool 0.3 installer and I have dual DVI now.

You seems to have a x1900GT not x1900XT so try adding your Dev ID to ATIRadeonX1000.kext's .plist

Chaosmunki, did you not read this tread?, the answer seems to be just a few posts up (post 276)

You seems to have a x1900GT not x1900XT so try adding your Dev ID to ATIRadeonX1000.kext's .plist

HAHA! I totally thought i had a x1900xt, but finally became un-stubborn enough to check...yep, 1900GT...let me see what i can do with this now. :D

EDIT: Went into the contents of ATIRadeonX100.kext and added 0x724b and then tried 0x724b1002...got this error. Am i really just missing something obvious here?

here.jpg

@chaos,

You can't just drag & drop a kext, you have to sudo chown it, like installing callisto or any kext (i mention callisto because the install instruction gave that sudo command)

Any how Delish has a kext helper http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=54098&hl= i think its at 0.6 or something, if you cant find the sudo commands use that app, after that, qe and ci should run :-)

enjoy

oh man....hmm after i install natix1900xt kext i get the same error like chaos....i was attempting to do the same thing he is doing, to manually enter my device ID...im going to try that delish tool...see were it gets me...

fast fix is open kext helper, click on "advanced", click "kext permissions", type your password, and click "Run ->"

next time your gonna edit in textedit, drag your kext to desktop(or any other place out of the system folder) edit on the copy you got, and drop the kext on kext helper, type pw and click easy install.

(this way you will get a backup of your kext just incase ... you know)

in a future version of kext helper, opening of plists in a sudo textedit is planned, (just need to do the boring coding of finding plugins inside a kext)

fast fix is open kext helper, click on "advanced", click "kext permissions", type your password, and click "Run ->"

next time your gonna edit in textedit, drag your kext to desktop(or any other place out of the system folder) edit on the copy you got, and drop the kext on kext helper, type pw and click easy install.

(this way you will get a backup of your kext just incase ... you know)

in a future version of kext helper, opening of plists in a sudo textedit is planned, (just need to do the boring coding of finding plugins inside a kext)

ok i tried it. using Kext Helper. i took the ATIRadeonX1000.kext out of the system folder. edited the plist by adding my device ID (7244). drop it on kext helper, hit easy install. said install went fine. reboot, and blue screen.

BTW by using jccool .3pkg installer i also get blue screen. when i use NatitX1900.r1v1.Installer, it boots to desktop but no qe/ci. I have the same card as jccool. but for the love of everything that is holy, i cannot get it to boot with qe/ci. at least i have the gma900 i can fall back on :D

any ideas?

Saphire X1950xt 256MB PCIe

noqecisw5.png

this is the plist after i add my device ID, see were is highlited with gray:

plistrv3.png

this is the correct way right?

haha..ok, like i said, new to this. I did everything right, editing the plist and what not. Just didn't reinstall the kext (been using the kext helper since day 1, thx delish). Sorry for my silliness...QE and CI enabled...

so things seem to be looking up... Thanks again guys. I am sure you'll be hearing something from me soon. lol.

drho2004: you seems to have the same card as Jccool, so it should work without any editing with his installer.(be sure to uninstall natitx1900 driver before installing jccool one)

Do you have another monitor you could connect and try with?

What version of OSX are you running?

You could try deleting the ATIRadeonX1000 files before installing Jccool drivers (dont know if his included files "down grade" if a newer exist")

chaosmunki: grats with your working card :)

drho2004: you seems to have the same card as Jccool, so it should work without any editing with his installer.(be sure to uninstall natitx1900 driver before installing jccool one)

Do you have another monitor you could connect and try with?

What version of OSX are you running?

You could try deleting the ATIRadeonX1000 files before installing Jccool drivers (dont know if his included files "down grade" if a newer exist")

chaosmunki: grats with your working card ;)

yeah thats what i tought, since i have the same card it should just work. uhm i have my lcd tv i guess i could try it with, but i would need to use a dvi-vga adapter. ok this seems very noob, but ho dows one uninstall on osx? just trash the .kexts? im currently running Jas 10.4.8 w/ppf

it seems that this is a extension conflit. when i install jccool method. because when i boot using -x after installing jccool i get desktop with res.change but no qe/ci. normal boot, i get blue screen. in the extension folders there is a bunch of kexts that could be related to gfx cards., which ones could/should i delete before installing jccool? i just dont want to get rid of something that will disable something else.

update: tried it with my lcd tv. same, but different, i dont get a blue screen i just get the 'no signal' thing floating around. rebooted with -x, and i got desktop, but same story as before.

you just trash the extensions and run sudo touch on extensions folder to rebuild cache on next boot(Jccool installer will do that)

try deleting:

ATIRadeonX1000.kext

ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin

ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle

any file(s) with Natit in the name(I think your prob have 2, one Natit.kext and NatitX1900.kext or something like that)

then install Jccool drivers and reboot.

type -v at post to get verbose mode.

you just trash the extensions and run sudo touch on extensions folder to rebuild cache on next boot(Jccool installer will do that)

try deleting:

ATIRadeonX1000.kext

ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin

ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle

any file(s) with Natit in the name(I think your prob have 2, one Natit.kext and NatitX1900.kext or something like that)

then install Jccool drivers and reboot.

type -v at post to get verbose mode.

BTW thanks for all your assistance delish.

ok i tried deleting all those files. installed jccool drivers, rebooted and typed -v upon boot. once again, blue screen. i tried it with both DVI ouputs on the card. im going dvi out to dvi in on the monitor. on verbose mode although it was kind of quick i saw device id 7264 in all the white letters comming down. would there be any possibility that another extension might be conflicting? this is reminding me of the old system 9 days! with the extension conflicts. just out of precaution, is there anything i need to enable/disable on the bios? the only thing i do is just change display from internal to pcie.

drho2004: It would help if I knew what kexts you have in your system, could you run the following in terminal

ls /system/library/extensions

select all and copy&paste it to a textfile and post it here.

also could you post your hardware specs.

devid 7264 is probably your secondary output on your x1950 card.

drho2004: It would help if I knew what kexts you have in your system, could you run the following in terminal

ls /system/library/extensions

select all and copy&paste it to a textfile and post it here.

also could you post your hardware specs.

devid 7264 is probably your secondary output on your x1950 card.

alrighty here it goes, this is what is currently on my exension folder. i am on he gma900 right now:

Last login: Sat Jul 7 17:53:06 on console

Welcome to Darwin!

Macintosh:~ drho2004$ ls /system/library/extensions

ACard62xxM.kext

ACard67162.kext

ACard671xSCSI.kext

ACard6885M.kext

ACard68xxM.kext

ATINDRV.kext

ATIRadeon.kext

ATIRadeon8500.kext

ATIRadeon8500DVDDriver.bundle