HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

Hi,

That is very odd because all other 7249's have reported dual dvi like 7244(1950xt) oh well, maybe it is a revision or something,

Jccool

Hmmm, maybe, this card was purchased in early 2006 - the manufacturer according to System Profiler is ATI (0x1002), and the revision ID is 0x0000... does that mean anything?

Hi,

ATi doesn't usually write revision numbers, (it does happen but rarly,) Nvidia does though. It's like when ATi changed the R350 to I think thr R360 (radeon 9800 series) and there was no rev no. but the core was still completely different. Unfortunatly I can't really look into this as I don't own a 7249, it's just one of those cards that worked in the process. (atleast you have the equivilent of Jccool Method 0.2)

Jccool

@jccool: the latest version of your installer is using a hybrid of natit and boris approach, right? ie you change device ids etc in the GA plugin and the x1000 kext, but you're also using Natit to inject the EFI values?

i'm going to try something similar with my X1800XL. it works perfectly using boris method, or ATIInject or Natit or whatever, but none of them give me wake from sleep, so im keen to try! :)

Hello Munky,

Just a note on sleep,

my installer doesn't provide sleep and so far I havn't seen many cards capable of it so I simply turn off my monitor when not in use. I'd like to know though, what is needed or missing for sleep to work, when it wakes it just says X1950XT 256MB so I disabled sleep in Energy Saver preference pane.

Jccool

jccool: check any options in BIOS related to reposting of video on S3 resume. from experience this should be turned OFF (rather counter-intuitively), though try both settings.

i think we're still missing some key Natit values which will solve the no video on wake errors.

i've started a thread detailing my investigations here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=44283

Hi there!

I am currently using my onboard Intel GMA 950 ... works pretty good... but if i want to fire a game up in Windows, i have to open my computer case and pop my Gecube x1950 Pro in....

Would it be worth trying to get it to work with QE/CI with the kexts jcool made for x1950 pro some pages back in this topic? or are there no chances at all that it will work?

I have a X1900 GT with the device id 724b , i install Jccool drivers and i modify ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist at IOPCIMatch Key and replace 7244 by 724b and it's fully woriking :)

Dual view, QE/CI .

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

these random green dots are called artifacts. This was fixed in Jccool installer 0.3,

are you running Jccool Installer 0.3?

If so, it could indicate an overheating problem,

I doubt it is the driver (if you are using installer 0.3) because many ppl have reported full dunctionality,

Jccool

Hi,

these random green dots are called artifacts. This was fixed in Jccool installer 0.3,

are you running Jccool Installer 0.3?

If so, it could indicate an overheating problem,

I doubt it is the driver (if you are using installer 0.3) because many ppl have reported full dunctionality,

Jccool

Well, I am running .3 and I have no problems in Windows.

That's why I thought it was driver related.

Hi JCCool, thank you for the work you did in ATIs x1950... i have an amd 64x2 with VIA K8T890 chipset and a Radeon x1950pro pciex 256mb by Sapphire...i guess your "pro" method would be done on the basic vesa3 install of jas dvd 10.4.8 8.8.1 final or so.... i need your help i'm getting crazy about this id 7280 card....pleas help me!

p.s.: do i have to install the xt installer and then modify or just do the 1950pro.zip on a basic vesa3 (1024x768) screen?

thanks in advice :)

200th POST YAY!!!!

Hi,

The pro only supports resolution changingt, just install the installer 0.3 for the xt and your pro should have complete res change, qe/ci for 7280 isn't supported 4 7280 and aqs said b4 no plans for the pro in the future,

vesa 3 has nothing to do with it, install jas 10.4.8 w/o ati x1000 support, boot up and install. jccool method,

Hope this helps,

Jccool,

200th POST YAY!!!!

hi...everybody!

my ati sapphire x1950xt is so beautiful and works well (under window$)...but not in osx.

his id=7264 is so strange (vendor id is = 1002) and your patch don't work, after osx logo there's only a blue screen (!!!), maybe a bad "id"?

under this site "http://ati.amd.com/developer/vendorid.html" report: "ATI Radeon X1950 Series Secondary"....what mean? :rolleyes: jccool, help me! ;)

I hope this has nothing to do with Quicktime. That is the only thing I would suspect besides the driver.

The green artifacts only recently started showing up, and only when I run graphics intensive apps.

I mean, there's no logic to it. I first noticed it using the new Photoshop CS3 Beta. Then they came up when using Keynote. And lastly using Core Image Fun House.

They quit hanging around when I exit the application.

hello jccool,

I use X1900XT (id7249) and my display is 1920 x1200.

When I use Jccool Installer 0.3 its going blackout.

remove Natiti.kext and ATNDRV.kext, I can use only 1024 x 768.

How can I use full resolution 1920 x 1200?

Dear Mr JCCool... i have previously tried the xt installer then my osx went black and no response.....there is confusion how about we can manage to get the PRO to work fully....is there a way to modify some fles (where? how?) to qe/ci the id7280 as well as others?

I don't plan to upgrade to a 1950xt for now...too expensive for me... btw your xt installer gives me full res change only in SAFE MODE :censored2: ....... not in normal mode :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: ... help!

Hey JCCool and others here,

I have a XpertVision 1950Pro with this lucky 7280 ID. I didn't try your previous posted 1950Pro kexts because of the bad experience of other users in this thread. But what

about doing a Natit or Titan style method to bypass the IDs (and maybe EFI). For example flashing the Card BIOS in windows to another ID. Ok, I know, that the ATI Driver Installer will try to install wrong drivers in Windows, but there are some methods to deal with such problems (RivaTuner and so on..).

So what do you think? Some feedback is really welcome, before investing hours of work in such a project.

Anyone have try with new kernel and new kext of 10.4.9?

I have try to pun my id into info.plist but don't work my X1950XT

wow......!

Ok, no more search...now i've got my x1950xt fully functional: 1280x1024, qe/ci ecc.

The fix: install 10.4.4-loginwindow, delete ANY nvidia kext,copy natit_edited, fix ATIRadeonX1000 (id=7244/1002...). that's all. :(

But at that moment i don't have 2 display.

Of course, i have a AsRock Conroe945G - 1GB ram - ATIRadeon XT1950XT Secondary - Maxtor 160GB - LG dvd/rw

i'm waiting for OSX 10.5!!!!

next week i'll receive a sapphire x1950xt pciex 256gddr3 and will install the simple installer (my id will be 7244 :( ).

ant futher modification wil be not needed? i.e. install the card, boot into osx, execute the pkg, reboot and config?

jccool please tell me :rolleyes: thankx

Hi foxymac,

Just make sure when you install osx 10.4.8, you deselect anything natit, atix11000 or video related when you first install osx, (with card in ) then once your logged in as an admin (default) at 1024x768x32, install my pkg and reboot, then, enjoy, if your res doesnt show up use switchresx

as you may have noticed, i'm not answoring as many questions anymore because i feel people arnt being resourcful enough, I got a pm for which driver for the xtx, ??? theres only 1 driver and it is for the xt, works on xtx with 100% fan, thats written like 5 times on the thread, everyone please just do search filters for the thread, most questions are already adressed, I think i will make an faq soon,

regards,

Jccool

wich saphire card do you use? I want to buy one, but there are 3 models I can buy:

Sapphire Radeon X1950 XT 256MB DDR3 (PCI-e, 2x DVI) 21097-00-20R

Sapphire Radeon X1950 XT 256MB DDR3 (PCIe, 2x DVI) 21097-00-20

Sapphire Radeon X1950 XT 256MB DDR3 (PCI-e, 2x DVI) 21097-00-50

I really need dual monitor support, so I want to make sure to buy the right one.