HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

Thx jccool for all of your driver work! It realy helped me out.

ATI Radeon X1900 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1900 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7249

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

DELL 2407WFP:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display:

i can attest that this works on my x1900xt i was having problems b4 but the Jcool driver works best on a fresh install of osx, i've tried it on old installs with other cards and other things it didn't work so yes MAKE sure you install it on a fresh install of osx 10.4.8 with no ati support options installed... one thing that'd be cool is if an uninstaller script could be implemented for those with problems.... other then that everything is good!

hey JJ,

I'd like to ask u some advise concerning the purchase of my new Hackintosh System. I'm able to sell my current (fully OSx86) system for a very good price. I've been strolling thru the massive amounts of info on the forum to get a basic idea for my new workhorse but i keep getting stuck at 1 piece of the puzzle. My problem is that i have a ACD 30 (well, oke its not that of a big problem owning one :) ), and cant seem to find any info wich card will run it at 2560x1600 with all the eye-candy turned on. At first i was thinking about a x1950 pro. Now im not sure anymore.

What would you advise?

I have a Dell 30 inch 3007wfp and its great works perfectly fine with my ati x1900xt and i also tried a bfg 7800gtx both have dual link dvi ports so both will run your acd 30 inch fine with qe/ci and all the eye candy i've even tried games like warcraft 3, quake 4 all work so x1950pro will work as long as it has dual link dvi which i'm not 100% sure but as long as it does and these drivers work on it then your all ready to go!

hi,

If I were you, id get an x1950xt, because it is cheap, fast, fast, fast, compatible with any res (if it doesnt show op, use switchresX) and its also quite fast :halfstar_smile:, only con is no dx10 but thats not out for a bit so, this is the best most compatable bet,

also, 4 the uninstaller, you'd have to run the script in -s mode anyways so might as well just do wat i said in prev post and sudo rm those files,

thats my opinion,

Jccool

jccool,

Thanks for the hard work! I used your atindrv.kext to get my Diamond X1900gt to work. It lets me change resolutions and my monitor shows up correctly (finally!). However, under the Graphics/Displays it shows that the card does not support Quartz Extreme, Core Image, etc.:

Display:

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Device ID: 0x724b

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Core Image: Not Supported

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Any suggestions? I just completed a fresh install w/o selecting the ATI1x000 drivers from the JAS 10.4.8 latest release (8.8.1 kernel). Should I use Natit installer and then your kext?

Thanks,

jbehrne

Hello,

This is because I think you didn t use the Jccool Installer 0.3 the atindrv is ONLY for res, try the installer, it has a modded version of Natit in it aswell,

I have not tested it with the gt but it should work, if not, oh well...

*also the 8800 is definitly not compat, I beleive only up to the 7 series is compat (because apple only coded to 7 series) probably 10.5 will have the 8 series then it can be hacked ported to osx86 :-)

Jccool,

Incase you canno find it

Link to my Self-Installer: http://upload2.net/page/download/5QsL813nn....3.pkg.zip.html

Edited by jccool

Yeah thnx JJ,

Indeed it seems 10.5 will probably support 8800. But i figure by the time its actually supported, and fully working under OSx86, we'll be nearing 2008. Better buy and 1950xt? Or buy an 8800 and wait for it to be supported in OSx86.....

My head is hurting.... :(

I agree with you, 128 cores and 36 billion gpixels is tempting, but it really depends on what you plan to do, if you love mac, aperture, ilife etc, then you probly should go with the x1950xt and not have to worry, dual dvi, etc, because you dont really know how well the 8800 will do, by that I mean, it may act like the x1950 pro and only get res change, or only vga, or5 only qe/ci, you see, its hard to predict, I guess the final choice comes down to you :-)

Jccool

Thanx JJ,

Im definitly going for the 1950xt. The hell with DX10, it'll be a few months at least before the DX10 games start showing up (crysis) and im not that of a gamefreak. Im a Macfreak, so my decision is made.

I'll keep ya posted when my new system arrives.

Hi,

For video games, you could always get a modded xbox 360 and download obtain backups, its a cheap alternative to dx10, thats what I did, because I really like mac and playing hd games and doing 3d modeling in windows, so it all works out :-)

also, from my expiriance, the sapphire 1950xt seems cheapest, it doesnt come with a power connector but that is about 5$ and card is 300 cad (for me),

good luck :-)

Jccool

jccool,

Thanks for your hard work! The driver installed and the system information now shows up correctly:

ATI Radeon X1900 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1900 Series

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Device ID: 0x724b

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Core Image: Not Supported

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display:

However, Quartz Extreme and Core Image are shown as not supported... Any ideas?

jbehrne

Hi,

Technically the only way to change the dev id is to flash the bios (not recomended) but doing that wont solve anything, qe/dci simply won't work 4 u with my methode,

sorry,

it is because it is litterally a different revision and it is physically different so,

Hi,

I didn't know there was a 512mb version of the xt, but if your dev id is7244 it should work. 1920x1200 is a 16x10 aspect ratio, so you might have to use an app called switchresX and creat a custom res and it will apear in displays and you will clik it,

Jccool

WOW man your driver works perfectly. I have a 512mb (ddr4) x1950xtx and it installes and works flawlessly. I am running at 1680x1050 (16:10 widescreen). I do have 1 issue though. When I intall the driver my video cards fan speed goes insane!! It supposed to auto adjust depending how much I use it but it goes straight to it max speed. My dev id was not 7244 but it still works! It says that I only have 256mb of ram but I dont care cus I dont game in mac lol. Is there any way I could mess around with some kexts and first of all change the device id and second change the fan speed to auto adjust?

Hi,

The high rev fan is a known issue for the xtx & my method, As I have stated before, I dont own it, so I cant fix it, it would be to complicated to debug it, yes the fan is mighty loud but I don't know what could cause this, maybe you could buy a condensor that would limit your gfx card's fan so it never goes over X rpm, but I mean people with pro's and xtx's with these little bugs cant really complain, the driver wasnt designed for those cards, it just happens to work with little annoying bugs,

Jccool