ALC88x 10.4.8 Kext

skippyretard

483 posts in this topic

Hi everyone and thank you for your efforts,

Does someone have a better solution than modifying azalia.kext and getting only 2 channels out?

I've read all the 88 pages of Taruga's thread and even the all this one, but nothing is working for me... I can see in signatures that some of you found a better solution, but i could'nt find it myself.

Anyone can help?

Hi! I have the same problem as Alexandros7 and seriously cannot figure out what to do.

I have Gigabyte 965P-DS4 (Rev. 3.3) and ALC888. I used the package from here and installed the 6Ch. The Mic works great, but the problem lies with the speakers.

Only 2 speakers are active at any given time. I must select the two from Audio Midi Setup panel.

1. Front two

2. Rear two

3. Center and Subwoofer

Creating an Aggregate device didn't work, as I have sound from just two of the speakers again. I am at my wits end here.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: The MP3s on iTunes work with just two speakers (but that I can understand since there is no speaker-fill option in Mac OS as far as I know.

I've just upgraded my Gigabyte DS3(v1.0) to 10.4.9 and, happy to report that 5.1 channel output still works! :P

I had some trouble upgrading to .9 (blue background with mouse cursor only; couldn't go beyond this point)

so I had to upgrade to .9 without 8.9.1 kernel first, and then,

replaced the 8.8.1 kernel and 10.4.8 system.kext with the 8.9.1 kernel and 10.4.9 system.kext.

I don't know why this works but, surely it worked out for me and gave me the complete 10.4.9 system including 8.9.1 kernel. :)

I´m having problems with my ACL883. My mobo is an Intel D945GR and when I install Skippy's ALC883 Audio Package I don't have any sound.

I have tested 3 ports, 3 ports + digital, 6 ports and 6 ports + digital and none of them work for me.

But the strangest thing is that when I install Azalia Audio package it works but only with two ports. :dance_24:

What can I do to make it work with 3 ports and a mic input? :blink:

hi i have a conexant sound card for my notebook Ved ID: 14F1 Dev ID: 5045. i got the sound for my speaker thank to his azaliaaudio.pkg but i can't get sound for my headphone or line in.

anyone got any idea how to get it to work cuz i try everything even the AppleHDA patch.

thank

• 2 weeks later...

Gigabyte 956P-DS3P, ALC888. Success using the "3 Ports + Digital" option.

Gives me fully functional digital output as well as stereo output. And detected stereo, digital and microphone inputs. (Not tested yet)

6-channels gives me 4 outputs and mic & line inputs but I lose digital output (none of the line-outs produces sound from digital).

6-channels + digital gives me nothing.

for me, on gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 Rev. 1.3, the ALC883Audio.mpkg with 3 Ports + Digital install option gave me working analog stereo output, working analog mic/line input, and detected digitial in and out which i have not tested.

this motherboard does in fact have 6 audio output ports + digital, but that install option gave me no audio at all.

as with the post above, the 6-channel option gave me 4 line outs.

this was installed under 10.4.9

I just got my PC working with those drivers... i have a Gigabyte 945GZM mobo, 2.13 Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR2, 160GB SATA, Realtek ALC883 Sound, Realtek RTL8110SC Built-in NIC

thanks a lot SkippyRetard for this informative and really nice thread... not to forget the Drivers of course...

i'm using an ICH7 mobo with ALC888. i know it's still not supported yet but i notice something that might point out my problem to the experienced eyes. after installed skippy's ALC888 driver (6 channel), now i have input and output and able to slide the volume. however, in Midi Controller screen, i notice that the "M" bar (suspect it is Master Volume) is disabled. so is that why no matter how i slide the volume i still don't get any sound? is there anyway to fix this?

edit: i've only recently upgraded from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9.

HI. I'm using Azalia kext in an ALC850 with 5.1 speakers.

Sound is working, but, sometimes sound goes from front speakers, then from rear, then from central and subwoofer... and so on....

I't is a very random behaivor, and I don't know how to fix it.

Any clue?

Thanks

Really Strange problem :

I have a ALC883 and a GMA915 on a notebook, I use the Diablolik Driver for the video, and this driver for the audio.

Everything work, if I use an external display.

Of course I know the paperclip trick for the "blue screen" problem, and it work... but if I use it don't have sound anymore ...

Any idea ?

Hi guys. I'm brand new to running OS X on a windows PC. I have an ACER Aspire 1640 series laptop. Specific model number is 1641WLMi. I pretty much have everything working except for the sound. Like an idiot I did not write down what kind or sound driver I was using in Windows Device Manager before wiping it out. I know it has a realtek sound chip, I just dont know which one it is. It has two integrated speakers on the laptop and 3 plugs on the front. One is headphones, the other is mic, the third is either line in or line out, I cant really tell by looking at the icon next to the plug. Can anyone help me determine what set of drivers I need to load??

Thanks.

Edit:

After first installing the JaS 10.4.8 I had a volume icon in the upper right corner but no sound came from my speakers. I then tried installing the AzaliaAudio.pkg and it did nothing, still had a volume icon but no sound at all. So I then tried installing the ALC883Audio.mpkg. After rebooting the volume icon disappeared and obviously still no sound. When I go into system profiler and go to "Audio (Built-in)" it says no built in audio found.

Somebody please help :star_smile:

Just a quick thanks !!!

have a GA-945p-s3 mobo and I now have sound!!!!

onboard lan next .. then i will be perfectly happy!

Appreciate all of your hard work! :thumbsup_anim:

I tried every way I can to get my sound working (alc880 ich6-m) and I do get volume control but no sound.

This goes for the Apple HDA driver as for the Azalia driver.

What I noticed is that in the audio MIDI setup the Master volume is greyed out.

I can slide the channels but no master volume.

Seems logical to me the if master is not working the rest isn't to.

This is true for both drivers.

Maybe this is usefull info ( hope so!! )

Thanks skippy, now my Conexant HD is working, I havent tested the headphone jacks,

is there a way to get the input working?, I am using Jas 10.4.8

this card is found on a HP DV1688us

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5047&SUBSYS_103C30A0&REV_1000\4&2DDC00D9&0&0001

is good to have sound =)