ALC88x 10.4.8 Kext

skippyretard

483 posts in this topic

ok. It is working now. co-axle and optical digital out both working correctly.

You guys are so great! Thanks a lot.

Please can u tell me if digital output is working in system in general? itunes, quicktime, garageband, etc?

thanks a lot!

Digital output works in all application, including itune, quicktime, realplayer.......However, currently I don't have a DTS or Dolby Digital source to test if it works with full digital source.I will try to play a DVD or something with digital sound track to see whether it works.

Update: Ok, just player a DVD. The dvdplayer works with dolby digital sound track. The correct dolby digital was sent out from the optical/coaxle digital output, both my headphone and receiver can get the signal correctly.

I managed to get audio working, by adding my dev ID to the kexts.

Mic in works

Line In works

Audio output:

In output i have 4 Line out devices.I cannot get sound played via all 7.1 speakers, i can only hear from each 2 speakers.

post-7632-1188756310_thumb.jpg

hi ,

im a new guy in a mac os x86 world :)

i get your pgk and install here and its goes strange ! the mac now recognize the driver , but the sound is only playable in headphone !! :x

i have the rtl883 card in my notebook and downloaded/installed the : AzaliaAudio.pkg

when i try to install the LC883Audio.pkg , nothing works ...

well , better in the headphone than nothing ! :(

a nb question , how do i uninstall thoses pkgs ?

thank you =D

Many thanks Skippy! :D

Now my Acer Aspire 3680 got working front panel audio jack for headphone audio out and microphone jack. I'm using JaS 10.4.8 with ALC883 default installation. Now I can skype happily :D

p/s: My internal speaker not working now.. anybody know how to enable both headphone audio out and internal spekaer audio out at the same time please?

hello, i'm also a new guy in mac os x86 world

i've made a mistake (i guess)

i installed ALC883 package (in the first post of this topic), everything worked fine, but i've installed the default way (3 ports), but my card have 6 port, so i wanted to reinstall the package, but in custom installation (selecting 6 ports checkbox) and now nothing works :( (surely because package for 3 ports aren't uninstalled)

does anyone know how to fix that please ?

thank you for your answers and sorry for my (poor) english

on my board(in my signature) i have alc883. i can't install the 883 package in any way. i can't get in or out. and both are definitely important to me. i can install the azalia, but i still get no input. i read about someone adding a line to the alcinject.kext. i looked at it and was wondering if it'd be useful at all to add <string>pci10ec,???</string> i have question marks cause i don't know what to put there. i'm not sure of how you got those numbers. i appreciate the help.

Hi

I installed package and rebooted and my sound works, but as soon as I shutdown or reboot again, there is no sound.

The icon etc still shows, just no sound.

If I do the package again, same thing, works until reboot.

Any suggestions?

cheers

ALC888 on ICH7 working using AppleHDA

Removed old AppleHDA.kext and the Extensions.*kext* files, then installed with ALC888 installer and 3 channel without digital.

Will be trying 6 channel soon, hopefully it works as well.

EDIT:

6 channel with digital does not work. no audio, digital or otherwise, card not recognized.

6 Channel without digital (which I dont use anyway, but is supported on the board) works perfectly.

4 "built in line out" jacks, each one corrosponding to a physical jack (Fronts, Rears, Center/sub, sides), as well as working "built in microphone" and "built in line in" jacks.

All of these can be setup into a working 5.1 or 7.1 setup (I dont have 7.1 speakers, but it does allow it when I add all 4 line outs to the device)

All this on a Gigabyte 945GME-DS2 (ALC888, 6 jacks plus digital, ICH7 chipset). The rest of teh thread makes discuraging comments about the ICH7, however it seems to work with no major issues on this board. In fact, the driver works almost as well as in windows, the only thing missing is the unused digital output.

All I did was:

Removed old AppleHDA.kext, and Extensions.mkext/kextcache, Install the ALC888.mpkg with 3 jack, no digital, reboot, then install 6 channel digital (which failed), reboot, then install 6 channel no digital (which works great)

System: Gigabyte 945GME-DS2, Conroe E6300, Nvidia 7600 GS 256MB, Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4i r3 (clean install) ALC888 (now working)

[ AzaliaAudio.pkg should give 2ch output on most High Def Audio chipsets ] I have an ALC883, I got the sound to work with the back jacks, but right now im trying to get the headphone jack to work. What I need to know is, is this supposed to get the headphone jack to output also, or do I need to edit more stuff to get that.

Reason I am asking because this is a put-together computer, and I am doubting myself if I connected the front audio correctly, and before I took the case apart again, I wanted to find out if it should be working anyway. Thanks.

Hi Skippy. I have a Asus W7J with ALC883. I used the ALC883.pkg and nothing happens.

So I tried with the Azalia.pkg and I got volume control but NO sound. Speakers, fone...

Can you help me?

I already tried to change de Info file to 0883 style and I got the same result.

I got Output device, no Input device, and no sound.

Hi, I have Higabyte DS3 mobo with ALC883 chip, but I can`t get the 6-channel sound working.

Stereo works fine, 6 channel works during calibration, but the Apply button won`t actually do anything. Itunes still works in stereo, and when I go back to audio setup I see Stereo in settings, not Multichannel. Any Idea what it could be?

HI,

How did you get your Gigabyte DS3 ALC883 sound to work? I tried downloading the ALC883 package and double click on it within Jas Mac OS 10.4.8 and it installed it without giving me any other options. I than reboot the system and still no sound. Did you have to do any special configurations afterwards? i already tried modifying the Midi under preference and still no luck.

OK, I have started a new thread so I can keep all my drivers together in one easy to find post. For a little background info on this project refer to THIS thread. I would also like to mention that this would not be possible without Semthex, Taruga, TheMax32000, Rene204 and the countless testers that have helped develop these kext!

Skippy

AzaliaAudio.pkg should give 2ch output on most High Def Audio chipsets (updated v1.1)

AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip

ALC883Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC883 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

ALC883Audio.mpkg.zip

ALC888Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC888 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip

YOU MUST USE 8.8.1 OR NEWER KERNEL WITH ALC883AUDIO.PKG AND ALC888AUDIO.PKG

If you have 3 outputs working you can setup 5.1 using Audio MIDI Setup found in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder. On the menu bar select "Audio>Open Aggregate Device Editor". Click on the "+" square and it will add a new aggregate device. Now select "Use" next to each output you want to add(usually the first 3) and click "done". Change Default Output to the "Aggregate Device". Now select "Aggregate Device" in the Properties For: box and click on "Configure Speakers". Click "Multichannel" and select "5.1 Surround". When your done configuring your speakers the way you want them, make sure you click "Apply" before "Done". You should now have 5.1 surround sound working.

I Had no luck with any method posted here. I am a noobe so use this info if you can.

I have MSI 945GM3 MB IC7 South bridge Azalia onboad sound chip, I loaded the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext; still no audio, loaded VMware Fusion and created a windows vista virtual machine. I now have audio out of the green jack for both Jas 10.4.8 8.8.1 and Vista. Hope this is helpful to you all. I really appreciate the info you all have shared in thse forums, I finally hav a Mac I coud afford. Under $500 so far.

My Mac experience is limited to less than 6 hours and built the sytem from scrach. Pentuim D 2.88 800mhz fsb, 2 gig ram, MSI 945GM3 945NB IC7 SB, MAT{censored}A DVD-RAM SW-9574S

James "Memojgr"