ALC88x 10.4.8 Kext

skippyretard

483 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm using a MSI 945GM3 board which uses acl883, so it normally should work, but the only solution to get audio out is using azalia.kexts plist modified and i only get 2 channels out with this "hack". Did someone found a way to get full support? Can at least someone that has the same board show me that i'm not stupid and say he has the same issues... :P:D by the way i'm using jas 10.4.8.

skippyretard, that was fantastic. I have OS X on a Foxconn P9657AA-8KS2H and I had problems using the generic Azalia patcher, where it'd skip and stutter all over the place. For this board, if you install using the six-port, no digital option, you get the full 5.1 setup and all my stuttering problems (a big issue in Garage Band, for example) are totally gone. I'm very happy with this build (Pentium D 805, the Foxconn board, 2GB of DDR2-800, GeForce 7600 GS, 160GB SATA drive, modified Marvell Yukon kext for the 8056 onboard LAN, SATA DVD-RW, JaS 10.4.8 with semthex 8.8.1 kernel) and your driver is a huge part of that (because I wasn't happy with it unless I used USB headphones, which I was doing until I found this thread earlier today). Thank you so much for putting it all together, and thanks to all the devs who have worked tirelessly on getting so much hardware working on OSX86. This box is for OS X only and it's fantastic, faster in most ways than my Intel-based mini that died in a lightning storm.

how do i load these?

this is an autoinstalable archive u only do a click on it, and click next... () ... wait a moment.... restart and if the files works on ur sound card u should listen sound and u see a speaker draw in the clock area....=) :P

tnx this work also for me :)

i ve an alc888 integrated in asrock conroexfire mb

i ve used first drive in this post AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip

and it work good ;)

(i ve tried also alc888audio driver but seems dont work for me)

many tnx skippy good work :D

murcielago585, you should try, it seems that only a few people have this soundcard. You maybe will have to edit the plists.

skippyretard, you said in a post that alc883 would'nt work on your msi 945gm3-f board, is it still the case? Didn't you find a workaround?

I have Gigabyte GA-945GZM-S2 with ALC883 sound card.

The ALC883Audio.mpkg let me play music, but I hear sound only from one stereo speaker.

Any idea how to solve it?

I have Kernel Version 8.9.1 (Jas OS X 10.4.9 SSE3)

Morphy

YOU ROCK! thanks!!!

I have a 645GZM-S2 rev3 gigabyte motherboard

883 worked perfect sounds good

hugggeee thank you!!! i got scared.

this is 100% flawless mobo for under 50$

lol

I built a bitchen osx box loaded for under 200

1gb ram ddr2, 3.3ghz, 320gb barracuda sata, 645gzm-s2 mobo, 42wat psu, cheap case.

WOOT

I got ALC883Audio.mpkg working on my MSI K9GVM-V motherboard and it all seems to work well. Thanks for the hard work! However...

The major problem I'm having is that when I install the package it kills my MSI PC60G Wireless card for some unknown reason. It was working fine out of the box when I installed JaS 10.4.8.

It looks like I might be alone in this problem because I just read through this whole thread and found nothing similiar. Any suggestions? Right now if just looks like my decision is either to have sound or have an internet connection.

Thanks!

ok i have a P4 2.8Ghz (SSE, SSE2) 512Kb Cache, 1GB RAM, AC97 ALC658 Sound Card on a Gigabyte GA-8IG100 Motherboard. Now i want to know if there are drivers for my type of sound card, right now the default driver that i have got installed with Mac OS 10.4.8 Jas AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 PPF1&PPF2 work just fine but here is the problem. When i use Audio Units or VST the processor usage goes off the charts and the audio keeps breaking up and i cant hear anything. I was thinking the problem is with the audio drivers. Does anyone know of a solution ?

Hi, first build ever here, been in PCs for years.

I have:

Gigabyte GA-965GM-S2

2gb DDR667

250Gb SATA - I still only see 128Gb

10.4.8 + KERNEL 8.8.1 added

No errors at install, none since.

Managed to run terminal and get Marvel Yukon Vendor and Device updated, worked instantly.

Problem:

ALC883, not working, got the ALC883audio.mpkg

Installed it every which way.

ran terminal to add <string>pci8086,2445</string> to alcinject.kext

got the dev & ven numbers from XP running in parallels

Really not sure about what to do with the applehda.kext

I get absolutely nothing - no input or output devices

Also tried the azaliaaudio, got the sound icon, but no sound.

Everything else took me about 2 hours, the sound - I've been at it for 8 hours, I need a kick in the right direction, from all I read, it should be working, what am I missing here? Thanks for the help... much appreciated

does anyone knows how to solve this problem in a ALC862 ICH7??? i got the output has Hd Audio Output and the icon in the mune bar, but still dont have any sound, either i used the patch from tarugas, but i doesn't work for me!! does not embed any dump code?? can you give me any clue please?. thanx

• 2 weeks later...
OK, I have started a new thread so I can keep all my drivers together in one easy to find post. For a little background info on this project refer to THIS thread. I would also like to mention that this would not be possible without Semthex, Taruga, TheMax32000, Rene204 and the countless testers that have helped develop these kext!

Skippy

AzaliaAudio.pkg should give 2ch output on most High Def Audio chipsets (updated v1.1)

AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip

ALC883Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC883 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

ALC883Audio.mpkg.zip

ALC888Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC888 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip

YOU MUST USE 8.8.1 KERNEL WITH ALC883AUDIO.PKG AND ALC888AUDIO.PKG

If you have 3 outputs working you can setup 5.1 using Audio MIDI Setup found in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder. On the menu bar select "Audio>Open Aggregate Device Editor". Click on the "+" square and it will add a new aggregate device. Now select "Use" next to each output you want to add(usually the first 3) and click "done". Change Default Output to the "Aggregate Device". Now select "Aggregate Device" in the Properties For: box and click on "Configure Speakers". Click "Multichannel" and select "5.1 Surround". When your done configuring your speakers the way you want them, make sure you click "Apply" before "Done". You should now have 5.1 surround sound working.

Great patches work. I have a GA-965P-S3 rev 3.3 ALC888 6ch out. I Tryed your ALC888AUDIO.PKG and everything is fine but the last option of 6ch out and SPDIF Digital Out. :D

The option od 2ch + Digital works ok but 6ch + Digital doesn't. Could you help me? I tryed with kernel 8.8.1 and 8.9.1 actual. No luck...

Expecting you magic...

Greets from Spain

YuYu DJ

Hello Skippy, I have tested the alc888 package and my results, on an Asrock 775Dual-vsta (alc888) was:

installing:

6 chan+digital -> no sound (and no devices found)

6 chan -> 4 output lines found, but as independent devices: I can select only one of the output line, and have sound from front speakers. Selecting other output, I have sound from rear speakers. Selecting the third line out, sound from central speaker and subwoofer. Selecting the four line out, not sound at all.

3 chan + digital -> detected one line out (the front speakers) and digital output (not tried)

3 chan -> only one line out.

All the configurations with working sound have at least (I don't remember exactly) two input .

I hope I can have 5.1 sound.

From only 2 channels out and no input (with azalia), going to 2 channels out and mic (first alc888kext from skippy), now we have 6 channels (the 3 lines out) and input, but lines out are not working at the same time.

Skippy, you are in the good way! Thanks a lot. If you need more info, or you want me to test more pkgs, please tell me.

Mismamente, "mismo" problem in a GA-965P-S3 v 3.3, no 6ch+digital devices fonund...

Still waiting to magicians...

hi!!!i'm italian boys..sorry for my english!!

i have installed your pack yet, it's all ok, but i listen in stereo!!

i do configure speaker, but when i apply, and then i enter again the setting turn in stereo!!Why??

with buttom i listen each channell, but when i save and play with itunes, i listen in stereo!!

please help meee....

my is MSI k9vgm-v alc883 with 6channel installed, not digital..

I've just installed 10.4.6 (8.4.1) on an ASRock 775i945GZ. Everything works apart from the sound (ALC888). Just basic stereo out is all i want really. Is there any solutions for this setup that i could try. I can't update to 10.4.8 either cos then my LAN won't work, and i did try everything with that :(

do a search about you mobo in this forum. I've seen a patch for that mobo somewhere. but i think you sould install 10.4.8 instead of 10.4.6. Or sound won't work

Are these drivers supposed to be installed to 10.4.9 with Darwin 8.9.1 kernel? The ALC883Audio.pkg worked ok, although that I updated fro 10.4.8/8.8.1->10.4.9/8.9.1. But I've had some sound problems and I tried to reinstall the package. Since then, the only devices shown up at Sound preference pane are "Soundflower (2ch)" and "Soundflower (16ch) whatever option i select during the custom install.

Should I move to AppleHDA Solution?