ALC88x 10.4.8 Kext

skippyretard

483 posts in this topic

ALC883 worked perfectly on my acer aspire 5634wlmi. I installed 3 ports without digital first but sound wasnt good then i installed 3 ports with digital somehow it worked.

i use headphones output and it senses when i plug in a headphone.

i use 10.4.8, 10.4.9 lowers harddisk speed i dont know why.

:)

I have a Toshiba Satellite A205-S4587 with an ALC268 driver

i have no sound. Can someone help me on this problem

THis is the vendor number for it from Windows Vista Premium

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0268&SUBSYS_1179FF10&REV_1000

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0268&SUBSYS_1179FF10

My audio problems are solved now.

1. Remove -x (safe boot) from my com.apple.Boot.plist

2. Using AppleHDA.kext (1.1.0a17) and remove AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

3. Set correct parameters: 0x10ec0880 0x27d88086 in AppleHDA.kext

4. verify it by kextload -t

5. After reboot I can use Mic In and Stereo Out from my ALC880 in laptop Asus A6JC

Another incomplete solution:

1. Remove -x (safe boot) from my com.apple.Boot.plist

2. Using AppleAzaliaAudio.kext(1.0.0d0) and remove AppleHDA.kext

3. Set correct parameters: 0x10ec0880 0x27d88086 in AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

4. verify it by kextload -t

5. After reboot I can get Stereo Out without Mic In from my ALC880 in laptop Asus A6JC

My solution is different from others and I think it's due to my Hac OS is 10.4.6/8.4.1 instead of 10.4.8/8.8.1

========================================================================

can you step by step teach me how to modify. I am newbin in MAC OSX Thanks

tchow

People you save my life!! I´ve been without sound since the installation!!

AzaliaAudio stereo working without audio device recognize, no input, no volumem control (but vol. on menu does appear)

on Cmedia 9880 onboard on MSI915p Neo2 Platinum!!

Sorry about my english and minimal knowledge on programming, i´m only a graphic designer, been trying to put sound to work but terminal kills me, read in this forum that just drop the kext in extensions folder doesn´t work is that right?

if anyone have time, could you explain me how should i do to make osX recognize the card? is that the problem with volume control an mic in?

Thanks for the work done here!!!

Hi

I have finished to install on my Hp pavilion the JAS Osx 10.4.9 all work , only one problem the sharing file to eMac OSX 10.4.9 PPC , and the AUDIO om the ALC 882 realtek card in board , i dont have linux i need a patch that work , someone can help me ?

I dont want to editing nothing because i 'm not an expert i fomething now a sure system FOR MY alc 882 , please send me message.

the taruga system maybe work but

My pc have all that working , today the GEFORCE 6100SE 64 MB going at the maxium resolution , thanx natit nv40.pkg

The ethernet work because i have put inside a realtek 8139

The firewire is the system profiler .

the DVD WORK

TODAY i try toast and cs3 .

BUT whitout ITUNE i'm not very happy .

IF someone know a easy solution that make my ALCD 882 work , please help me .

i don 't have linux i need only konw if one the TARUGA hack work on 10.4.9

thanx

Uh-oh..there goes my 10.4.9 for ds3 :)

So is this common to all 10.4.9 updates?

I mean, noone successfully activated 5.1 setup under 10.4.9?

Hi Ezhoon, I've seen that you have stereo sound with your 10.4.9 and 8.9.1 kernel on P5LD2. Which driver are you using?

The Azalia or AppleHDA?

I can't select 5.1 surround. TTWTT it's in grey

but microphone works

I had follow this method...

what I wrong??

my mobo is 965P-DS3 rev 3.3 and using alc888 and jas 10.4.9

(and now i'm in 3.1 channel speaker - front and center, rear isn't work)

any suggestion??

--------------------------------

EDITED:: or I should patch this kext before update into 10.4.9 ??

anyone know??

Any ideea if apple dvd can be patched to use the agregate device as default out-put ? It will be great, since in that way we all will be able to have 5.1 sound (for those that allready have the agregate device working)

Hi Ezhoon, I've seen that you have stereo sound with your 10.4.9 and 8.9.1 kernel on P5LD2. Which driver are you using?

The Azalia or AppleHDA?

I am using AppleHDA.kext.

Taruga's installer for alc882 worked great! :)

I am using AppleHDA.kext.

Taruga's installer for alc882 worked great! :)

Thanks for the answer.

If I try to manually kextload the AppleHDA.kext I get something like this:

14AppleHDAEngine is not compatible with its superclass, 13IOAudioEngine superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension AppleHDA.kext/

load failed for extension AppleHDA.kext/

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

Did you run into some problem like this???

Asrock Conroe boards are helpless, the only way to get sound i 2ch output/no input azalia. Do yourself a favor and get a usb soundcard. All it seems that neither taruga nor skippyretad are going to support this codec entirely. I'm not blaming them, I'm not saying that their work has no value. I respect them, but let's face it, no one is going to spend more time and effort on ALC888 on ICH7/R because that doesn't worth for them. I'll be very glad if a new dev, that does need that for him/herself does take the will to do it, but probably this won't happen anytime soon. We can only expect that leopard drivers could be someway different to tiger's and open an opportunity.

Thanks for the answer.

If I try to manually kextload the AppleHDA.kext I get something like this:

Did you run into some problem like this???

Hmmm..that's weird..in fact, I didn't have to manually load AppleHDA.kext.

I just installed Taruga's installer package and rebooted, everything worked.

Hmmm..that's weird..in fact, I didn't have to manually load AppleHDA.kext.

I just installed Taruga's installer package and rebooted, everything worked.

First I also tried Taruga's 0.4b installer. Then rebooted, but I got no sound, not even the volume control icon near the clock.

That was the reason why I tried the manual loading, to see what exactly is happening.

Could be because I've upgraded the 10.4.7 JaS OS X directly to 10.4.9 ???

Most people who have sound on 10.4.9 were upgrading mainly from 10.4.8 because at the beginning of the year, 10.4.8 was the most developed, most stable version. Eventually I'll try getting the latest 4.8, and upgrade that to 4.9, to see what happens.

@Ezhoon: which BIOS version you have for the P5LD2????

First I also tried Taruga's 0.4b installer. Then rebooted, but I got no sound, not even the volume control icon near the clock.

That was the reason why I tried the manual loading, to see what exactly is happening.

Could be because I've upgraded the 10.4.7 JaS OS X directly to 10.4.9 ???

Most people who have sound on 10.4.9 were upgrading mainly from 10.4.8 because at the beginning of the year, 10.4.8 was the most developed, most stable version. Eventually I'll try getting the latest 4.8, and upgrade that to 4.9, to see what happens.

@Ezhoon: which BIOS version you have for the P5LD2????

Hmmm..come to think of it, I had to remove both Alcinject.kext and AppleHDA.kext after upgrading to .9

The sound wasn't working right after upgrading to .9 so I had to manually remove both kexts and reinstall them.

So..just try to manually remove both kexts..reboot, and reinstall.

Good luck!! :)

ps: about that bios version, I believe it's the latest one for P5LD2 (not deluxe one, nor revision -c)

BTW, does anyone have AppleHDA working on this board? I discovered, that for HDA there is no any difference what version of ICH controller do you have. If you look to the inf files of Realtek windows driver you will find, that driver has some special fixes for different subvendor and subdevice id (same as rtlpacth from ALSA HDA driver). Simply codec may has different GPIO pins configuration (thats why ALC888 solution for AppleHDA works on some boards, and doesn't work for others). There is no any special preset for ASRock subvendor neither in Windows nor in Alsa driver. ALC888 on our board works like generic ALC883 codec, so we must try to mix kext from ALC888 installer and Info.plist (node ID and so on) from ALC883 kext.

Is someone able to post the INF from Windows? Mobo: ASROCK CONROE 945 DVI, ALC888 - Thanks!

I have gugabyte ds3, with alc888... It is ok but I have 4 line out in sound options. I can hear sound from front speakers or rear or central but separately.. so I tried to make an aggregate device, add the 3 (x2) output but it's still the same, only 2 speakers! I want to use 5.1.. what can I do??

this is a picture for my 5.1 not functioning.. but if I try here the speakers htey are all ok! but if I open some mp3 I have sound only from 2 speakers... uff

another..

1.tiff

Picture_2.tif