ALC88x 10.4.8 Kext

skippyretard

483 posts in this topic

ALC889A 2ch out solution can be found here

Good luck, i've yet to try it, but hopefully soon... waiting on Gigabyte P35-DS4 to arrive.

I think the solution simply uses the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext from the first page with modified device ID for the ALC889A sound chip

My

Realtek ALC861 @ Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller work only out internal speaker...any news for mic in and out speaker?

I have a Asus R1F

Hi skippyretard, the ACL889Abeta installer doesn't work 4 me on gigabyte p35-ds4. Otherwise, the kext in THIS post works nice (no input line, but 2ch output)

I'm having exactly the same experience on my Gigabyte P35C-DS3R - can get two channel out using above link, but with skippyretard's beta no output devices appear in the sound section of system preferences.

My board has 6 jacks though, not 3. Could that have anything to do with it?

Edit: Ignore me - just read the comment at the start of the thread about requiring kernel 8.8.1 - I've already updated to 8.10.1, which is no doubt where my problems lie.

ALC889Beta package doesn't work for me, too. I tried to build my own driver with Tarugas AppleHDA patcher and a working linux codec dumb plus a with my device and vendor id modified ALCinject.kext which didn't work also.

I'm running 10.4.10 with kernel version 8.10.1 and my mobo is a gigabyte ga-p35-s3 with a ALC 889A chipset.

kossis-computer:~ kossi$ sudo dmesg | grep ALC
ALCinject: Starting.
ALCinject: Setting layout-id=<data not shown>
ALCinject: Setting PinConfigurations=<data not shown>

That's all he tells me during boot up. AppleHDA doesn't load.

@skippyretard

If you need some more info, let me know.

kossi

...can you post your codec dump? Thx
As you can tell, the ALC889A chip gets recognized as ALC885 [under Ubuntu 7.04, that is]. I tried dragging this onto your 1.16 patcher but it wouldn't even accept it. Your beta installer didn't work for me either, 10.4.8/8.8.1 and 10.4.10/8.10.1, dmesg gave me exactly the same as it did for kossi.

See attached file for GA-P35-DS4, ALC889A codec dump.

If you need anything else, just let me know :(  

ALC889Adump.txt

So I got my alc889a chipset working. I only tested the digital output which provides ac3 pass through in vlc without any problems.

Would be nice, if someone could test some other features like line in etc.

If everything works fine, feel free to build an installer package. Until then install the kexts the ordinary way.

Credit goes to taruga and his awesome AppleHDApatcher :)

After having trouble uploading the compressed file as an attachment I decided to upload it somewhere else.

Here's the link: alc889a kexts

kossi

Hi Skippy,

Is there the possibility that ALC861 ICH7 on Asus F3Jc support can be added to the azalia driver?

There are lots of people that would greatly appreciate that. (I'm one of them!)

So I got my alc889a chipset working. I only tested the digital output which provides ac3 pass through in vlc without any problems.

If everything works fine, feel free to build an installer package. Until then install the kexts the ordinary way.

After having trouble uploading the compressed file as an attachment I decided to upload it somewhere else.

kossi

thanks 4 share!, but what do you get? 2ch out? do u get line in?

thanks 4 share!, but what do you get? 2ch out? do u get line in?
...I only tested the digital output ...

Would be nice, if someone could test some other features like line in etc. ...

The answer's right there, hehe ^^

I'll try your kext in a bit, see what it gives... I'll be trying input and 2ch out, cause that's all i've got at the moment :ninja:

kossi, what did you do to get it working? Change some stuff in the output of the AppleHDApatcher, say dev.id?

kossi

Hey,

Thanks a lot for this! Only tested 2ch out + mic in but both are working fine, and the other ports seem to be recognized by OS X, so i have a feeling it's fully functional now :Dalc889avz1.jpg

How did you get it to work? I noticed you added the device and vendor id's in ALCInject.kext and the AppleHDAController.kext in the AppleHDA.kext plugin folder, but i'd tried simply adding these before and it hadn't worked for me.

Anyways, fully functional sound, great success! :D

I indeed only added the vendor and device id in these two files ;)

Did you build your own kexts with tarugas patcher? So maybe our codec dumps were different.

kossi

Nope, i used the kexts from the Beta package, IIRC. Taruga's patcher didn't work for me, it wouldn't accept my dumps, as in nothing happened when i dragged the dumps onto the patcher, so i couldn't build my own kexts :/ All's well anyways ;)

If anyone could provide me some info on how to make packages I wouldn't mind making one for ALC889A, but i wouldn't be able to make onebefore next week...

For those with ALC660/861

Hi you guys,

we're trying to get to some results on ALC660/861 on the thread ALC660.

lots of people with ALC660/861 + Asus F3Jc are experiencing a lot of dificulty with this particular soundcard.

It is similar to the hardware used on other systems that work with 2 channels, but, when used with Asus F3Jc it remais completely silent, and without output controls.

Why don't you go there and share your experience with this soundchip? It could help.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...9&hl=alc861

Thanks

:) It works well on my P35-DS3P. I didn't change any thing, after reboot it works with 2 ch out and in.

Thanks a lot.

Now graphic card DVI out is the biggest issue for me.

Hi!, what it works?? the beta installer by skkipy? or the AppleAzalia.kext? thanks a lot! (I want a input! :))