[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

@D3v1L I've given you a pass on your bedside manner before, but now it's just getting tiring.  BCM94360NG is the model number of a M.2 card that include Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.  Chill, dude.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

CtinaAHCIPort.kext?

Good catch. Not needed here.

Question @Stefanalmare: Laptop still boots to blackscreen for 2-3 mins until login screen shows up despite I have the backlight registers fix and igfxblt. Do I need to leave just one of the properties or I need both ?  

Edited by CloverLeaf
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, surenmunoo said:

*** Admin, Please allow just this 1 off topic, in desperate need of advice****

Hey Gents, Completely off Topic but slightly related to Sonoma and Ventura. I purchased a Crucial 2TB Gen 5 NVME M.2. Installed Sonoma and PC keeps freezing, have to do a shutdown and restart and same with Ventura. I was using the Gigabyte heatsink for the M.2 then changed to a Be Quite Heatsink but it is still heating up. If run Blackmagic Disk test the PC freezes after 5 seconds. Removed that M.2 and the PC now runs fine. Does anyone have this Gen 5 M.2 or similar and what heatsink are you using or recommend. 

https://www.crucial.com/ssd/t700/ct2000t700ssd5

Could be a compaibility issue. Did you check the no buyers guide for storage?

AND: NVMeFix is no longer supported in macOS 14. So all the nice things it does for compatibility and power consuption don't work in Sonoma.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There seems to be a compatibility issue with the bridge chip used by my e-mu 1616m pcie, because in ioreg i can see the bridge chip but not the pci device it's attached to, while i can see and use my audigy rx that uses a different bridge chip manufacturer, but ha s a similar architecture and uses the same driver and it works. So be carul, some pci bridge chips might have issues. I might have to test it further, but so far it seems that they have changed stuff reguarding pci bridge chips.

Of cource booting back into my ventura install everything is fine, i hope this is an issue they might fix in the next betas or i have to try filing a bug report for it.

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

@Casey_S.J.  @Stefanalmare

Newbie Question: This BCM94360NG M2 connection card works in Sonoma wifi and BT? Or I'm wrong and you are talking about BT only?

Does it require an adapter to plug it into a desktop PC, is that so? Or can it be plugged directly into an M2 connector on the motherboard?
If you need an adapter, are you so kind as to guide me towards a model in which to place the card? I have searched but am not sure what type of adapter is required.
Thank you!!!

BT only. I took out the original wifi and inserted BCM94360NG on Aorus Z690, I9 12900k:

Spoiler

1.png

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, CloverLeaf said:

Good catch. Not needed here.

Question @Stefanalmare: Laptop still boots to blackscreen for 2-3 mins until login screen shows up despite I have the backlight registers fix and igfxblt. Do I need to leave just one of the properties or I need both ?  

"-igfxblt" (boot-args) OR "enable-backlight-registers-alternative-fix" in properties.

BTW: When wake from sleep, all ok?

Edited by Stefanalmare

50 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

AND: NVMeFix is no longer supported in macOS 14. So all the nice things it does for compatibility and power consuption don't work in Sonoma.

Are we just waiting for an NVMeFix update, or should we place a MaxKernel limit on NVMeFix.kext?  Thx.

EDIT: I just noticed this comment on github: **NOTE***: NVMeFix supports up to macOS Ventura (13). Due to significant changes on modern versions of macOS, there is plenty of effort which the developers do not have the time to work on. Contirbutions are welcome.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Are we just waiting for an NVMeFix update, or should we place a MaxKernel limit on NVMeFix.kext?  Thx.

I think is already limited inside the kext (I think I saw something on NVMeFix GitHub). Like you see above is active in my Z690. But, is causing KP in H370.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

I think is already limited inside the kext (I think I saw something on NVMeFix GitHub). Like you see above is active in my Z690. But, is causing KP in H370.

I didn't see anything in version 1.1.0 of the kext that made it self-limiting.  I only saw the comment here.  I'm not a kext expert and would like to learn.  What in the kext limits the max kernel version?  I did see "Minimum system version" in the Info.plist.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Stefanalmare said:

"-igfxblt" (boot-args) OR "enable-backlight-registers-alternative-fix" in properties.

BTW: When wake from sleep, all ok?

-igfxblt do the job! Thanks! 

Yes, everything is fine when wake from sleep. 

HDMI with audio also works. 

image.png.cfef90d27a0524b249df4575f911b104.png

This is a bit odd to me as UHD 630 will not output 4K@60hz thru the internal HDMI (4K@60Hz only possible with DP) as it states here. May be it's just incorrect information about scaling. 

Dell Docking Station WD19S also works well. Booting MacOS external SSD connected to the USB-C port of the dock. HDMI and DP both working. Ethernet working. Pretty good!

Edited by CloverLeaf
  • Like 5

@deeveedee @Stefanalmare

Now on Sonoma I’m working without NVMFix because I had NVMe related lines in logs although macOs was working fine. So far, all seem to ve running good, boot times and the rest. I don’t understand the issues on Sonoma of this kext but I’m not a coder. OC developer comment guides in the direction of not to use it on the last macOS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just played a bit with Sonoma on my z690. It works incredible well. I have better results on benchmarks than in Ventura. For the first beta is fantastic. I remember when Ventura appeared. Hard days..... When and if WIFI will be fixed, I'll switch immediately to Sonoma.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Casey_S.J. said:

@deeveedee

I’ll check BCM94360 BT again later this morning on my Asus Z690 mini-ITX. 

Just double-checked and yes indeed the BCM94360NG Bluetooth works natively in Sonoma with no kexts or other changes. Previous post has been updated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

I just played a bit with Sonoma on my z690. It works incredible well. I have better results on benchmarks than in Ventura. For the first beta is fantastic. I remember when Ventura appeared. Hard days..... When and if WIFI will be fixed, I'll switch immediately to Sonoma.

I said that I am not eager to move to Sonoma so fast, but I share the same experience with my laptop. Better benchmark results and overal work. Haven't tested the battery life yet. Bluetooth is achilles with Intel cards but I still have hope in devs! 

PS - Tried TP-Link UB400 BT4.0 dongle and it's not working.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

there's still plenty of time for Apple to eventually f***up this one too...

Just be patient.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, hiphopboy said:

Paragon NTFS - Not working, Replace it by Omni NTFS to copy on NtFS partition

Essencial programs like Paragon and App Cleaner & Uninstaller, both I have license. Awesome apps. 

8 hours ago, miliuco said:

@Casey_S.J.  @Stefanalmare

Newbie Question: This BCM94360NG M2 connection card works in Sonoma wifi and BT? Or I'm wrong and you are talking about BT only?

Does it require an adapter to plug it into a desktop PC, is that so? Or can it be plugged directly into an M2 connector on the motherboard?
If you need an adapter, are you so kind as to guide me towards a model in which to place the card? I have searched but am not sure what type of adapter is required.
Thank you!!!

EDIT: I think this guy was testing DW18020A wi-fi BT card for laptos and im sure will works on Sonoma. Im order one for test.

https://github.com/yusufklncc/Lenovo-Thinkpad-E570-Hackintosh 

Great EFI for test  BTW 

😊

Edited by Max.1974
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

I think this guy was testing DW18020A wi-fi BT card for laptos and im sure will works on Sonoma. Im order one for test.

https://github.com/yusufklncc/Lenovo-Thinkpad-E570-Hackintosh 

Great EFI for test  BTW 

😊

This note is in the repo you referenced: "DW1820A not working on macOS Sonoma Beta 1. We have to use Intel Wi-Fi or USB Wi-Fi."

Maybe the DW1820A has the same issue as other Brcm cards mentioned in this thread?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, deeveedee said:

This note is in the repo you referenced: "DW1820A not working on macOS Sonoma Beta 1. We have to use Intel Wi-Fi or USB Wi-Fi."

Maybe the DW1820A has the same issue as other Brcm cards mentioned in this thread?

Thank you!!! Im edited post above 

5 hours ago, Casey_S.J. said:

Just double-checked and yes indeed the BCM94360NG Bluetooth works natively in Sonoma with no kexts or other changes. Previous post has been updated.

Just curious:  could it work on a Z490?  I have an Asus that does not have a BT or Wifi module installed. And Asus didn't intend to do that with my  board (Asus Z490-A Prime).

Edited by meg2014

Sonoma is supposed to support 2019 iMac which should be 19,1 and according to AppleLife.ru dumps uses a Broadcom BCM4360 which is 14e4:07bf not 14e4:4464 which uses 80211FamilyV2. I can’t check until tomorrow but if spoofing 07bf doesn’t work that just means the kext is being reworked and wasn’t ready not that they forgot it or removed it. Unless 19,1 isn’t going to be supported. I can’t check 20,1 either right now, can someone else?

• Thanks 1