[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, dreamwhite said:

Well, even on macOS Ventura, my PCIe ID (14e4:43a0) is not in AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac.kext/Info.plist so I don't think that's the right way of proceeding... As already mentioned, the reason why Wi-Fi doesn't work is not only KEXTs related, but also Frameworks related

What program or command to install kext modified in Sonoma? S/L/E not work 

I have courage to try but not know well how do it. 

2 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

What program or command to install kext modified in Sonoma? S/L/E not work 

I have courage to try but not know well how do it. 

May be same as I did for VoodooHDA? See my signature.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Slice said:

May be same as I did for VoodooHDA? See my signature.

Thanks @Slice I will see!! 

BTW, it's possible someone list models to fully compatible with Sonoma, like bluetooth and wireless adapter to notebooks and desktops? 

*** Admin, Please allow just this 1 off topic, in desperate need of advice****

Hey Gents, Completely off Topic but slightly related to Sonoma and Ventura. I purchased a Crucial 2TB Gen 5 NVME M.2. Installed Sonoma and PC keeps freezing, have to do a shutdown and restart and same with Ventura. I was using the Gigabyte heatsink for the M.2 then changed to a Be Quite Heatsink but it is still heating up. If run Blackmagic Disk test the PC freezes after 5 seconds. Removed that M.2 and the PC now runs fine. Does anyone have this Gen 5 M.2 or similar and what heatsink are you using or recommend. 

https://www.crucial.com/ssd/t700/ct2000t700ssd5

Edited by surenmunoo
  • Sad 2

software compatible update:

AcrobatProDC.                              -working

App Cleaner & Uninstaller 8.2      -not working

AutoCAD2024.                              -working

Blender (up to 3.4.1)                     -working

CaptureOne23.                             -working

CleanMyMacX 4.13.4                    -working

DaVinci Resolve 18.5.                   -working

FinalCut Pro 10.6.6.                      -working

G-HUB (Logitech)                        -working

GetBackupPro3.                           -working

Google Chrome                            -working

HuionTablet 15.6.3.88                   -working

iLok License Manager                  -working

iStatMenus6.70(1216)                  -working

iZotopeRX10                                 -working

Little Snitch.                                  -not working

LuLu2.5.0                                      -working

LuminarNeo1.9.1.                           -working

Mail                                                -working

MS Word16.67                               -working

Nik Collection 6.1                           -working

Omi NTFS                                       -working (thanks to @hiphopboy)

Opera Browser                              -working (WhatsApp,Instagram,Telegram,Twitter,ChatGPT,ChatSonic integrated plugin, also working. All ok, only glitch when write in Google "search box" on Google.com)

Pages                                             -now working (my previous post say it won't work. Think issue with MigrationApp importer - thanks to @miliuco that reply it's working for him)

Paragon NTFS                               -not working (thanks to @hiphopboy)

Perfectly Clear WorkBench 5.x    -working

PhotoShop24.5                             -working

Rhino7                                            -working

StudioOne5.                                  -working

TH-U.                                             -working

TextEdit                                         -now working (my previous post say it won't work. Think issue with MigrationApp importer- thanks to @miliuco that reply it's working for him)

Transmission.                                -working

-pay attention: when not specified, is intended on latest build of software.-

Edited by D3v1L
update list
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

software compatible update:

App Cleaner & Uninstaller 8.2      -not working

CleanMyMacX 4.13.4                    -working

Paragon NTFS - Not working, Replace it by Omni NTFS to copy on NtFS partition

• Like 3

1 hour ago, surenmunoo said:

*** Admin, Please allow just this 1 off topic, in desperate need of advice****

Hey Gents, Completely off Topic but slightly related to Sonoma and Ventura. I purchased a Crucial 2TB Gen 5 NVME M.2. Installed Sonoma and PC keeps freezing, have to do a shutdown and restart and same with Ventura. I was using the Gigabyte heatsink for the M.2 then changed to a Be Quite Heatsink but it is still heating up. If run Blackmagic Disk test the PC freezes after 5 seconds. Removed that M.2 and the PC now runs fine. Does anyone have this Gen 5 M.2 or similar and what heatsink are you using or recommend. 

https://www.crucial.com/ssd/t700/ct2000t700ssd5

Perhaps, Motherboard compatibility with Gen 5 NVME M.2 ? Gigabyte Z790 is compatible.

• Like 1

Call me cynical, a kill joy or a miserable old so and so but all this talk about USB WIFI Dongles and apps are pointless to me and a waste of time IMHO. It is ok to implement this type of connection if you have zero internet connectivity in Sonoma.

As I said previously, I have a strong Ethernet connection that works fine in Sonoma, I tried the USB Dongle and app way and it did not offer the full Apple Experience like I have in Ventura with native WIFI because Apple has drop Broadcom Legacy support as I understand it.

With my current Sonoma Ethernet connection, I have 'Hand Off' functionality minus iPhone Camera Hand off and Air Drop so in my opinion, employing a WIFI Dongle and app is not the way for me as it adds no benefit different to what I am already getting . I would definitely use it if my setup was a laptop, for mobility.

I am willing to wait for a more viable method by the developers that will hopefully utilise my current kit that works very good in Ventura if/when that happens.

I am in no way condemning or disrespecting those who want or went that route, because as the saying goes.........'Every man steps to his own beat' (or words to that effect). Yes it's frustrating seeing a crossed out WIFI icon sitting on the Menu Bar taking up valuable estate doing zilch (yes I know it can be hidden) replacing it with an alternative that offers nothing but a limited function is not for me, it's all or nothing is my mantra. 

Now that I've had my morning rant, I will leave it as Food for Thought. :angel_not:

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 6/9/2023 at 6:16 PM, deeveedee said:

Has anyone tested the new BlueToolFixup.kext with BCM94360NG?  I don't have the card at the moment or I would test it myself.

Yes the new BlueToolFixup works properly with BCM94360NG in Sonoma. Must use the kext with @lorys89’s modification from a day ago

Please see this for more details:

https://forum.amd-osx.com/threads/ryzen-7000-testing.3318/page-133#post-29844

UPDATE:

BRCM94360NG Bluetooth works natively in Sonoma.

Edited by Casey_S.J.
  • Like 2

@Casey_S.J. Others have reported that the BCM94360NG Bluetooth works natively in Sonoma without the kext, so I had modified my original question to include a mea culpa.  Are you saying that some users are finding that BCM94360NG Bluetooth does not work in Sonoma without the kext?

BT chipset inside fenvi etc, is BCM2070 not 43xx...this is the culprit...BCM943xxxx is wireless chipset and not related at all with bluetooth 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Casey_S.J. said:

Yes the new BlueToolFixup works properly with BCM94360NG in Sonoma. Must use the kext with @lorys89’s modification from a day ago. 

Please see this for more details:

https://forum.amd-osx.com/threads/ryzen-7000-testing.3318/page-133#post-29844

I have BCM94360NG on Aorus Master z690. I need no kext for bluetooth in Sonoma.

• Like 4

@Casey_S.J.  @Stefanalmare

Newbie Question: This BCM94360NG M2 connection card works in Sonoma wifi and BT? Or I'm wrong and you are talking about BT only?

Does it require an adapter to plug it into a desktop PC, is that so? Or can it be plugged directly into an M2 connector on the motherboard?
If you need an adapter, are you so kind as to guide me towards a model in which to place the card? I have searched but am not sure what type of adapter is required.
Thank you!!!

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2

@miliuco I wouldn't think Wi-Fi as it should suffer the same fate as other Brcm Wi-Fi discussed in this thread.  I'm bracing myself for Stefanalmare's "Wrong!"

I tested the new BrcmPatchRam 2.6.7 pre-release package with the BCM94352HMB in my HackBookPro6,2.  Bluetooth does not work for me with this old legacy card in Sonoma; however, with the new 2.6.7 package (including BluetoolFixup.kext 2.6.7), I no longer need to kill bluetoothd in Ventura 13.4.

EDIT: After I upgraded BrcmPatchRam package from 2.6.6 to 2.6.7, I needed to unpair and re-pair bluetooth devices in order to connect.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3

Dell Latitude 7400. Upgrade from Monterey 12.4 on a spare SSD for test. System runs pretty smooth but honestly the only thing that I see different is again the wallpaper (which I like more than the one in Ventura) :D With that said I will continue to test and fix stuff in the future versions of Sonoma but I am not eager to move anytime soon from Monterey/Ventura. Wi-Fi is working with itlwm.kext + HeliPort on Intel 9560NGW both 2.4/5Ghz networks. I used Airportitlwm.kext for all previous versions of MacOS without any problems. Sleep/Wake also works having in mind that I boot the system from an external SSD (Kingston A400) thru TB port (yes, TB is recognized and works here). TouchScreen is working + backlight buttons.

Not working:

Audio (ALC295) - May be I need to reapply the ALCPlugFix-Swift.     Fixed with the latest AppleALC kext. Thanks devs!

Bluetooth  (causing system freezes in Ventura but works great in Monterey)

SD CardReader

Location settings

Touchpad is a little bit clumsy, works better in Monterey/Ventura

image.png.9059f4c1543c13cb4762ac3bc93111df.png

image.thumb.png.fb7377c6ad1c984fec3deafe1edcb3a8.png

Edited by CloverLeaf
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@Casey_S.J.  @Stefanalmare

Newbie Question: This BCM94360NG M2 connection card works in Sonoma wifi and BT? Or I'm wrong and you are talking about BT only?

Does it require an adapter to plug it into a desktop PC, is that so? Or can it be plugged directly into an M2 connector on the motherboard?
If you need an adapter, are you so kind as to guide me towards a model in which to place the card? I have searched but am not sure what type of adapter is required.
Thank you!!!

Only bluetooth works.. I have 3 BCM94360NG M2 cards... one of them in the z790, and bluetooth works without any kext in Sonoma... wiffi doesn't

In the lenovo I have the same card and it is the same as in the 13600k, bluetooth works OOTB .. no wiffi

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, CloverLeaf said:

Dell Latitude 7400. Upgrade from Monterey 12.4 on a spare SSD for test. System runs pretty smooth but honestly the only thing that I see different is again the wallpaper (which I like more than the one in Ventura) :D With that said I will continue to test and fix stuff in the future versions of Sonoma but I am not eager to move anytime soon from Monterey/Ventura. Wi-Fi is working with itlwm.kext + HeliPort on Intel 9560NGW both 2.4/5Ghz networks. I used Airportitlwm.kext for all previous versions of MacOS without any problems. Sleep/Wake also works having in mind that I boot the system from an external SSD (Kingston A400) thru TB port (yes, TB is recognized and works here). TouchScreen is working + backlight buttons.

Not working:

Audio (ALC295) - May be I need to reapply the ALCPlugFix-Swift

Bluetooth - causing system freezes in Ventura but works great in Monterey

SD CardReader

Location settings

Touchpad is a little bit clumsy, works better in Monterey/Ventura

image.png.9059f4c1543c13cb4762ac3bc93111df.png

image.thumb.png.fb7377c6ad1c984fec3deafe1edcb3a8.png

CtinaAHCIPort.kext?

My god...guys... BCM943XX it not related at all with bluetooth... BT chipset is BCM2070 ...NOT dropped in Sonoma.. .......Is absolutely normal that it works 🤣 😒

Edited by D3v1L