[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, meg2014 said:

Does that include the latest BrcmPatchRAM patch for Wifi in Sonoma?  Seems a bit early for that to be included....

@D3v1L Do you have an opinion on this post?

EDIT: Joking aside, BrcmPatchRAM is for Bluetooth, not Wi-Fi.

Edited by deeveedee

2 hours ago, deeveedee said:

I thought I would be able to inspect the BrcmPatchRAM commits to determine for myself, but my github skills are lacking.  Is this branch/fork now part of the Acidanthera BrcmPatchRAM build?  Thank you.

No, it's a fork by one of of the OpenIntelWirless kexts dev (I think). But his fork is ahead as far as the compatibilty for Sonoma is concerned. I guess at some stage the changeswill be pushed into Acidanthera's repo. I am using this for now because of Bluetoolfixup which is required for Intel Cards BT to work.

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@D3v1L Do you have an opinion on this post?

No no...nothing special...ill stop wasting time on 4360chipset ...i Didn't have any Apple device...prefer android..so, 4 me, RJ45 is best choice ...btw...brcmPatchRAM is for RGB settings in RAM module...no?... 🤣 😁

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1

Hello everyone!!

Sonoma installed on my rig Haswell i7 4790k, Gigabyte Z97MX5, Gigabyte RX460 ... everything working but wifi BCM ... Not a big deal as I'm using ethernet that works perfectly, and BT BCM_20703A1 runs without issues

Tested successfully using Opencore 0.9.3 or Clover 5152 😊

• Like 4

4 hours ago, deeveedee said:

I thought I would be able to inspect the BrcmPatchRAM commits to determine for myself, but my github skills are lacking.  Is this branch/fork now part of the Acidanthera BrcmPatchRAM build?  Thank you.

No, it is a fork from @zxystd. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Some important change in a Ventura EFI to be used in Sonoma beta1 in a Sandy Bridge without AVX2 support in Ventura without problem but with Sonoma the installation ends and gives the error and if you install it on another computer and it passes it is ssd to the Sandy Bridge itself result

1686576258386.jpg

5 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi guys,

i was out for a few days and I can't install macOS Sonoma, with -lilubetaall because at some point I have black screen, with the hack in my signature.

What boot arguments are needed to prevent black screen?

Thanks

For Sonoma I used Clover 5151 on my config Asus Prime Deluxe with MSI Radeon RX 570 Armor 4G.  

(Only Clover 5151 can boot these config. because I tried to update my OC EFI before Sonoma installation without success : none of my fully functional OC EFIs can boot my config now : it's strange but real... fortunately Clover 5151 works and I will try Clover 5152)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7318537c6ae93adfe08b40e867626637.png

Edited by Loloflat6
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi :) 

Well today I entertained myself for a while tarsing Sonoma on a Lenovo L390...

1247975175_Capturadepantalla2023-06-12alas21_31_08.thumb.png.2b17105cc52206762067ac3524c748c2.png

It works very well... even the wiffi Intel 9560 (with Heliport) .. it connects to my 5G router and gives all the available bandwidth... if AirportItIwm.kext is updated and it works as it does now it is an alternative to the broadcom very good...

1491670669_Capturadepantalla2023-06-12alas21_33_07.thumb.png.d4c50d4fb04ff3827b55924da5cf3f24.png

I need to test the Bluetooth, could you do me a favor and tell me what Kext I use to see if the bluetooth of this card works please...

Many thanks 

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 5

On 6/11/2023 at 6:27 AM, Matgen84 said:

Perhaps, Motherboard compatibility with Gen 5 NVME M.2 ? Gigabyte Z790 is compatible.

I have WD SN850 Black 5gen and works fine. BTW, im using Intel Wireless and BT 211 and with Ventura works everything, including airdrop. 

Im waiting new update kexts to Sonoma. 

Unforntunely HID Proxy bluetooth devices a long time im not see works Apple keyboard or mouse. To connect without usb cables. Someone found a solution? 

Captura de Tela 2023-06-12 às 17.13.38.png

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

I have WD SN850 Black 5gen and works fine. BTW, im using Intel Wireless and BT 211 and with Ventura works everything, including airdrop. 

Im waiting new update kexts to Sonoma. 

Unforntunely HID Proxy bluetooth devices a long time im not see works Apple keyboard or mouse. To connect without usb cables. Someone found a solution? 

Captura de Tela 2023-06-12 às 17.13.38.png

does continuity work and stable?

what wifi card?

On 6/9/2023 at 9:48 AM, eSaF said:

I did say Colour me Crazy :lol: I will post results good or bad and best working adapter.

PS - Don't judge me too harshly, I am trying to cover all bases. :lol:

Your just the hackintosh mad professor lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, PoMpIs said:

Hi :) 

Well today I entertained myself for a while tarsing Sonoma on a Lenovo L390...

1247975175_Capturadepantalla2023-06-12alas21_31_08.thumb.png.2b17105cc52206762067ac3524c748c2.png

It works very well... even the wiffi Intel 9560 (with Heliport) .. it connects to my 5G router and gives all the available bandwidth... if AirportItIwm.kext is updated and it works as it does now it is an alternative to the broadcom very good...

1491670669_Capturadepantalla2023-06-12alas21_33_07.thumb.png.d4c50d4fb04ff3827b55924da5cf3f24.png

I need to test the Bluetooth, could you do me a favor and tell me what Kext I use to see if the bluetooth of this card works please...

Many thanks 

I have the same card in my Latitude 7400 and BT does not work with Sonoma. I was not able to make it working in Ventura, too. Causes random system freezes and restarts. Under Monterey it worked great + Airdrop (one side only) and location settings.

• Sad 1

On 6/8/2023 at 1:00 PM, eSaF said:

@Max.1974 - Sorry if I am missing something here but is the screenshot in your last post from your Sonoma install also is it from your Hackintosh?

The reason I ask I see you have WIFI working, if it is from your Hack how did you achieve what is eluding the rest of us or am I clutching at straws here.

Thanks for any explanation one way or another. :thumbsup_anim:

my bad for not posting any info.  Only BT works on the card.   I'm using an EDUP usb dongle.

Edited by bobbee12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. I have 2 issues (it means that Sonoma b1 runs surprisingly well in my PC):

• icns files, when they are in a FAT or exFAT volume, doesn't show the thumbnail preview icon, only the generic icns icon. HFS or APFS don't have this issue.
  • disk images mounted on the Desktop can't be ejected from the sidebar but they can be ejected with context menu Eject over the image icon in the Desktop.

Does it happens to someone else?

Edited by miliuco
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Thanks for the newest BlueToolFix.kext which works at Sonoma now !

By "newest," are you referring to Acidanthera's new release of BrcmPatchRAM 2.6.7  or zyxstd's fork?  Thanks!

EDIT: I assumed you were using Broadcom Bluetooth.  Since so many are now using Intel Wi-Fi/BT, that may not be a safe assumption.

Edited by deeveedee

If anyone has a problem on Sonoma with the time zone, like I had, here is the solution.

https://macosx-faq.com/how-to-change-date-time-terminal/

Works for me.
Spoiler

1290276605_Screenshot2023-06-13at8_57_15PM.png.b1e41793d8de0c80937eee0ad5a33fd5.png

Good morning. I have 2 issues:
  • icns files, when they are in a FAT or exFAT volume, doesn't show the thumbnail preview icon, only the generic icns icon. HFS or APFS don't have this issue.
  • disk images mounted on the Desktop can't be ejected from the sidebar but they can be ejected with context menu Eject over the image icon in the Desktop.
Does it happens to someone else?
I just ejected my EFI from the sidebar.
Right click, Eject.
I did not have an eject icon though.
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, miliuco said:

disk images mounted on the Desktop can't be ejected from the sidebar but they can be ejected with context menu Eject over the image icon in the Desktop.

No problem like that in Sonoma my friend, just ejected the Ventura disk and it worked.

• Like 3