[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Yes. My mouse was Apple Magic Mouse. Maybe you should try 255 picker atributes. But im not sure. Mine is 255. Are you update Opencore to 0.9.3? 

Yes latest opencore build, i will try to put 255. Your usb port is mapped? Apple magic mouse use a usb receiver to connect or bluetooth.

12 hours ago, Alex HQuest said:

I am not sure if someone already responded, but while at the Apple Store (and I’m still here typing this), here is what I found:

new MacBook Air 15” (M2) uses a Broadcom 0x4387

the MacBook Air 13” (M1) uses a Broadcom 0x4378

the MacBook Pro 16” (M2 Pro) uses a Broadcom 0x4388

the Mac Studio 2023 (M2 Max) uses a Broadcom 0x4388

the Mac mini 2023 (M2) uses a Broadcom 0x4388

Broadcom VID is 0x14E4, so not sure Broadcom is “dead” per se.

This are the chipsets Apple is using in their macs, what is different about them is that they are soldered on the motherboard. Broadcom is not dead for Mac, but our Broadcom (BCM43602) sadly is for now until someone find a way to inject it back. Tried to spoof the id’s but it won’t work…

Spoiler
- BCM4355C1
- BCM4364B2/B3
- BCM4377B3
- BCM4378B1
- BCM4387C2

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mick3lson said:

Yes latest opencore build, i will try to put 255. Your usb port is mapped? Apple magic mouse use a usb receiver to connect or bluetooth.

255 just enables all available flags. For enabling the Mouse Pointer Control 16 is enough.

20 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi my friends, only Intel Bluetooth is working on Sonoma with  BlueToolFix.kext, or AirportItlwm.kext works fine too? 

What Kexts version you are using? 

image.png.4037353a65d6b3fad52867abb8728d3b.png

Im ask because only with Heliport works wireless on Sonoma, and not works Airdrop that im need for my work. 

Great news!!! 

AirportItlwm = no. You need to use itlwm and HeliPort.

For BT you need to use BlueToolFixup from this build for the time beeing until Acidanthera have updated it: https://github.com/zxystd/BrcmPatchRAM/actions/runs/5218453965

Download "Artifacts" thingy at the bottom. Requires Githu account

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

255 just enables all available flags. For enabling the Mouse Pointer Control 16 is enough.

For BT you need to use BlueToolFixup from this build for the time beeing until Acidanthera have updated it: https://github.com/zxystd/BrcmPatchRAM/actions/runs/5218453965

Many thanks, the bluetooth of the intel 9560 in Sonoma now works...

774045678_Capturadepantalla2023-06-14alas6_16_25.thumb.png.524d6cfef65f456f191946c50fb75116.png

I have to test if it detects my Magic Trackpad..

UPDATE:

WoW!! and handoof too!! 😲

1269271887_Capturadepantalla2023-06-14alas6_22_00.png.a2195169f01b15e452f2c040224de4b7.png

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I confirm Intel 9560 works with Itlwm.kext + HeliPort for Wi-Fi and BlueToolFixup 2.6.7 from Acidanthera's repo for Bluetooth. Only thing that drags me from using Sonoma as my daily driver on my laptop is the battery life. I must admit Windows handles the battery 20-25% better than Sonoma, and 10-15% than Ventura.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CloverLeaf said:

I confirm Intel 9560 works with Itlwm.kext + HeliPort for Wi-Fi and BlueToolFixup 2.6.7 from Acidanthera's repo for Bluetooth. Only thing that drags me from using Sonoma as my daily driver on my laptop is the battery life. I must admit Windows handles the battery 20-25% better than Sonoma, and 10-15% than Ventura.

Ventura will be my "production" macOS until Sonoma is required for an XCode upgrade.  I needed Windows yesterday to update firmware on one of my UPS battery backups and loaded Windows 11.  I may need to rethink all my criticism of Windows - Win11 was a pleasure to use.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Ventura will be my "production" macOS until Sonoma is required for an XCode upgrade.  I needed Windows yesterday to update firmware on one of my UPS battery backups and loaded Windows 11.  I may need to rethink all my criticism of Windows - Win11 was a pleasure to use.

I agree, Windows 11 works pretty well on my side, too. My studio (production) PC works with Ventura and I see no reason to upgrade it as for the moment. Gaming PC is Win 11 only, and my laptop is easy switchable between everyday/test/fun Win 11 or MacOS Ventura/Sonoma.

I would love to see my BCM94360NG working again in Sonoma... :)  Despite me lacking any coding skills I am eager to contribute by testing with various computers I have around me.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CloverLeaf said:

Well, on my Lenovo L390 Sonoma it works really well, and the battery lasts the same as in windows...

I love Lenovo, the 520s that I have in my firm is also wonderful, I don't know what these laptops have, but MacOS likes it and they are really reliable with these operating systems 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

I want to draw a brief conclusion about Sonoma Beta1 based on my previous Tests:

The Sonoma Beta1 is currently unusable.

Almost nothing works, sometimes WLAN, which is a minor matter with Ethernet on the desktop, apart from that.

I'm using OC 0.8.8 and it's ALL absolutely bug free on Ventura, also 13.5 Beta2.

For example, why is a normal SSD displayed as NVME in the system information on Sonoma? and the SSD is not visible anywhere.

Not a single USB port works (I use the Hackintosh as visible in my signature), although these USBs are all green and visible in

Tool Hackintool, but are not displayed on the desktop and in Disk Utility.

I guess it has nothing to do with the fact that I used the migration assistant when installing Sonoma and migrated everything

from Ventura 13.4 to Sonoma or is it because of all these errors with not working USB and missing NvME and SSD I don't think it has anything to do with that.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, DMhackintosh said:

I installed Xcode 15beta and I can't install homebrew on sonoma.

Anyone having this problem? and how to fix thank you in advance

You can either select the xcode Command Line tools under xcode's Preferences -> Locations -> Command Line Tools or download and install the Command Line Tools for Sonoma and you'll be able to install anything that requires the command line tools.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlfredoM said:

Not a single USB port works (I use the Hackintosh as visible in my signature), although these USBs are all green and visible in

Tool Hackintool, but are not displayed on the desktop and in Disk Utility.

What system? I don’t see it in your signature. I think you did your USB incorrectly. My EFI works flawlessly from High Sierra to Sonoma except for WiFi in Sonoma

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AlfredoM said:

For example, why is a normal SSD displayed as NVME in the system information on Sonoma? and the SSD is not visible anywhere.

Sorry to see you're having a bad time with Sonoma. Forgive me if I interpreted your post wrong but  my assumption is your install is half baked by  the results you described.

Have a look at my NVME Connection in System Information (attached pic) and my USB Configuration in Hackintool.

I am not in anyway an expert but personally I would start with a clean install oppose to a migratory one, also ditch OC 8.8 regardless how well it is running previous OS X versions, update to the latest released OC version and kexts.

Hope you get sorted with better results.

Spoiler

210243353_Screenshot2023-06-14at15_56_58.png.481eddf2f5d021f002a16a6ebd0cd91d.png141272110_Screenshot2023-06-14at16_59_14.png.9b8e3d8b4fe271eb5d6cbdd835c936c8.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 5

@PoMpIs YAY. I have an Intel AC-9560 as well. And dumb as I am, I ordered another one thinking: "hey, I can put this on in my Ivy Bridge Notebook later for Sonoma"… BUT I forgot: it uses a completely different form factor than what I need. So now I got a spare. :D 

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

You can either select the xcode Command Line tools under xcode's Preferences -> Locations -> Command Line Tools or download and install the Command Line Tools for Sonoma and you'll be able to install anything that requires the command line tools.

If you had homebrew working in Ventrua you can copy over the files from usr/local and the corresponding files from (your username) directory that apply to the brew installed programs.

There was no problem using xcode from Ventura after installing Sonoma over Ventura beta 5, and brew apps worked ok after the update.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrThodt said:

Welches System? Ich sehe es nicht in deiner Signatur. Ich denke, Sie haben Ihren USB falsch gemacht. Mein EFI funktioniert von High Sierra bis Sonoma einwandfrei, mit Ausnahme von WLAN in Sonoma

System:  Sonoma 14-Beta1 Mein OC 0.8.8 work in ALL another Ventura, Monterey, BigSur ect

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

Sorry to see you're having a bad time with Sonoma. Forgive me if I interpreted your post wrong but  my assumption is your install is half baked by  the results you described.

Have a look at my NVME Connection in System Information (attached pic) and my USB Configuration in Hackintool.

I am not in anyway an expert but personally I would start with a clean install oppose to a migratory one, also ditch OC 8.8 regardless how well it is running previous OS X versions, update to the latest released OC version and kexts.

Hope you get sorted with better results.

Reveal hidden contents

210243353_Screenshot2023-06-14at15_56_58.png.481eddf2f5d021f002a16a6ebd0cd91d.png141272110_Screenshot2023-06-14at16_59_14.png.9b8e3d8b4fe271eb5d6cbdd835c936c8.png

Thank You god Friend for yuor Message.

Do you think it could be because of the migration?

I can't explain myself like that.

But ok, I'll do a clean install again

And do you think that I should definitely switch from OC 0.8.8 to a higher version?

In my OC 0.8.8 I have all current kextes from 12.6.23 in it.

Everything works, even BT, except WLAN, which is not that important on the desktop, thanks to the LAN Ethernet connection.

On my orig iMac Sonoma Beta1 with migration from Ventura 13.5 runs fine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlfredoM said:

System:  Sonoma 14-Beta1 Mein OC 0.8.8 work in ALL another Ventura, Monterey, BigSur ect

Didn't you say you used migration assistant to install Sonoma? There is the possibility that something went amiss between the two in the cross over install.

As a rule I always clean install new OS X version installs on a spare disk, that way I don't carry over any possible glitches from a previous version.

If I do have any glitches I can rule out the possibility that it was brought over from the previous version.

Use OCAT to update OC and kexts for latest versions and check for any misalignments in the config.plist.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, PoMpIs said:

Well, the Magic trackpad works great too 😁

Nice man!! I need to know if Airdrop works and you using a Heliport or not? Just AirportItlwm.kext enable your wi-fi?

7 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Many thanks bro!! Its possible are posted BlueToolFixup beta here? 

19 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

I have intel wifi card ax201 working fine on Ventura but Airdrop do not work 

how did you get airdrop working on Intel wifi chipset? 

My card is AX211 from Aorus Z790 Elite AX Gigabyte. 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

¡¡Buen hombre!! Necesito saber si Airdrop funciona y si usas un Heliport o no. ¿Solo AirportItlwm.kext habilita tu wi-fi?

¡¡Muchas gracias, hermano!! ¿Es posible que se publique la versión beta de BlueToolFixup aquí?

No, AirportItlwm.kext doesn't work, so there is no Airdrop...

If one day it's compatible, I'll be satisfied... it works very well with Heliport + bluetooth for now

BlueToolFixup.kext.zip

26 minutes ago, AlfredoM said:

You have to update the OC, I have tried Sonoma on 5 computers, none of them have any of the failures you mention... only the broadcom 4360 wifi have failed 

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Didn't you say you used migration assistant to install Sonoma? There is the possibility that something went amiss between the two in the cross over install.

As a rule I always clean install new OS X version installs on a spare disk, that way I don't carry over any possible glitches from a previous version.

If I do have any glitches I can rule out the possibility that it was brought over from the previous version.

Use OCAT to update OC and kexts for latest versions and check for any misalignments in the config.plist.

Thank you, I'll do a clean install on Hackintosh soon.

First with OC 0.8.8 and if the same problems occur again, I will test a newer OC version, but ONLY with Sonoma.

I would like to keep my OC 0.8.8 for Monterey, Ventura etc. because it runs absolutely error-free.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlfredoM said:

Thank you, I'll do a clean install on Hackintosh soon.

First with OC 0.8.8 and if the same problems occur again, I will test a newer OC version, but ONLY with Sonoma.

I would like to keep my OC 0.8.8 for Monterey, Ventura etc. because it runs absolutely error-free.

upgrade Alfred OC 0.93 is better

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

No, AirportItlwm.kext doesn't work, so there is no Airdrop...

If one day it's compatible, I'll be satisfied... it works very well with Heliport + bluetooth for now

BlueToolFixup.kext.zip 12.44 kB · 2 downloads

You have to update the OC, I have tried Sonoma on 5 computers, none of them have any of the failures you mention... only the broadcom 4360 wifi have failed 

Thanks a lot my friend, im trying use your Kexts. 

God bless you all!!  

• Like 3