[Pre-Release] macOS Big Sur 11.1

gengik84
110 posts in this topic

Done here also - took 70 minutes to down load another 20 minutes preparing macOS BS 11.1 Beta 2. Rebooted 3 times to finish install. From down load to install and reach Desktop took approx: 90 minutes.

Spoiler

639840246_ScreenShot2020-12-03at20_04_58.thumb.png.649753430d5d5c7b5791b3e7c19e4535.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bisdak4920 said:

Mine took 12 minutes to download

Amazing download speeds!!! unless you have Fibre Optic, I just done a download to do a vanilla install and that was 75000k to 85000k down load speed which took 25 minutes. Are you sure you down loaded and installed the correct version? your install time is also amazing, Just curious.

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Amazing download speeds!!! unless you have Fibre Optic, I just done a download to do a vanilla install and that was 75000k to 85000k down load speed which took 25 minutes. Are you sure you down loaded and installed the correct version? your install time is also amazing, Just curious.

Yes sir. The update is just 2GB+ and the total update time is about 30 min. which is the time to do a clean install using VMWare.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bisdak4920 said:

Yes sir. The update is just 2GB+

Oh ok I forgot to Click the details which gives the choice of a smaller update or the full version so unwittingly I clicked the D/Load without checking. :whistle: alls well that ends well. :)

• Like 2

Update made and I didn't have to download, this time was alerted to the update from a notification from system preferences and the download was already made. For that reason I didn't know the size of the download...

My headphone icon is the speaker icon too... more BS weirdness, for sure ...

Captura de ecrã 2020-12-04, às 11.13.15.png

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi All guys

I want update Big Sur 11.1 Beta 1 to Beta 2. Softwareupdate display only full version. Any ideas why ? 

I'm using Clover r5127 latest commit

930003695_Capturedcran2020-12-0413_51_19.png.7f6e9c7913a3ac07d3cb6c6b7ba4dd9d.png

Same with me Let it run until it's finished it.

• Like 1

I was also surprised that this time Beta2 is fully deactivated despite csrconfig, but the update came anyway. But then only the full version came out, with approx. 12 GB,

instead of only approx. 3.7 GB as with the @slice.

With Beta1 I had to set csrconfig fully to activated, otherwise there was no update.

Yes, it doesn't matter whether 3.7 GB or a full 12 GB come, the main thing is that there is an update at all.

Otherwise the Beta2 absolutely error-free, as far as I could observe cdas with about 3 restarts after the update.

Edited by AlfredoM
  • Like 3

On 12/4/2020 at 4:44 PM, Matgen84 said:

I use csractiveconfig=0x67 
What setting do you recommend :) Please.

I lived with zero before but now I set 0x285 for testing purpose and forgot about this living with this value and updating BigSur with this value.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Slice said:

I lived with zero before but now I set 0x285 for testing purpose and forgot about this living with this value and updating BigSur with this value.

Thanks. What is the advantage of this value 0x285 instead of the usual 0x67.

5 minutes ago, Moviemakergr said:

What I did not understand is whether it is official 11.1 or Beta

Seems like the Wayang-NT could be correct that this is the Release Candidate macOS Big Sur 11.1 RC (20C69).