[Pre-Release] macOS Big Sur 11.1

gengik84

110 posts in this topic

Update made, but the last 2 times I didn't have to download the update, when I click system preferences and search for updates they are already downloaded, and it reboots right away and starts to install the update...

Captura de ecrã 2020-12-10, às 21.30.05.png

• Like 3

On 12/5/2020 at 4:27 PM, Slice said:

I lived with zero before but now I set 0x285 for testing purpose and forgot about this living with this value and updating BigSur with this value.

@Slice I set csractiveconfig to 0x285 in Clover config.plist and I can update Big Sur 11.1 RC (2,75Go) instead of full version. Thanks a lot. :thumbsup_anim:

59 minutes ago, PC IT said:

HI to all, i cant find this update on the installer script, and also in the developer account, how can i download it, any help , link, thanks.

Try to unenrolled and enrolled to DeveloperSeed, several time if needed

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, enlaid said:

Is AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext still available in 11.1?

Sure

Inject IG-platform from bootloader or DSDT

image.png.76f76115ef83b45c5959283d7ab8641c.png

Edited by chris1111
Good image
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

@Slice I set csractiveconfig to 0x285 in Clover config.plist and I can update Big Sur 11.1 RC (2,75Go) instead of full version. Thanks a lot. :thumbsup_anim:

Thank you for the reply, i am still trying to update my system , but no luck, is there is any link of full installer ?

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Thank you, my friend @Matgen84 and @Slice, for setting the tip csrconfig to 0x285 and the latest update came.

I'm currently installing. But it is unclear why the update only comes with csrconfig 0x285 and why does it not

come with 000000 when SIP and authentificated root are fully active?

Edited by AlfredoM
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, PC IT said:

Thank you for the reply, i am still trying to update my system , but no luck, is there is any link of full installer ?

DeveloperSeed is activated in SoftwareUpdate or not ? Do you have Big Sur 11.1.0.20C5061b installed !

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

DeveloperSeed is activated in SoftwareUpdate or not ? Do you have Big Sur 11.1.0.20C5061b installed !

Hello dear, thanks for the reply, yes the developer seed is activated , and i have Big Sur 11.1.0.20C5061b installed , no update appear at all, Strange on my Hack.

worked on my macbook air. any ideas?

Edited by PC IT
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, PC IT said:

Hello dear, thanks for the reply, yes the developer seed is activated , and i have Big Sur 11.1.0.20C5061b installed , no update appear at all, Strange on my Hack.

worked on my macbook air. any ideas?

Try twice or more time, and use SWUSwitcher program, works like a charm... 

• Like 4

Hello @Matgen84 and other friends

After editing my config.plist with the editor and
csr-active-config to 0x285 because of the update from Big Sur, the ProperFree now complains because it is not a Base64 entry.

I then found a conversion page on the Internet and
encoded 0x285 in Base64.

Here is the result, is that correct, can I enter it in my config.plist and the function remains?

csrconfig    0x285
Base64      MHgyODU=

Thank for Help.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlfredoM said:

csr-active-config to 0x285 because of the update from Big Sur, the ProperFree now complains because it is not a Base64 entry.

encoded 0x285 in Base64.

Here is the result, is that correct, can I enter it in my config.plist and the function remains?

csrconfig    0x285
Base64      MHgyODU=

Thank for Help.

@AlfredoM csrActiveconfig=0x285 is for Clover. Do you use this bootloader ? It's not necessary to convert Hex to Base64. For Opencore, you have only to enable SIP.

ProperTree is useful for Opencore. Personally, I use PlistEDTPlus for both bootloader :)
Good luck

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AlfredoM said:

encoded 0x285 in Base64.

csrconfig    0x285
Base64      MHgyODU=

Thank for Help.

Hi @AlfredoM, do you have an ProperTree version that works with BS?

Could you share it, please?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AlfredoM said:

encoded 0x285 in Base64.

csrconfig    0x285
Base64      MHgyODU=

Thank for Help.

No, string 0x285 will correspond to

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
            <data>hQI=</data>

• Like 4

@MorenoAv - Hi try this it is a OC Configurator - https://github.com/ic005k/QtOpenCoreConfig - but in my opinion is the best one so far. Makes updating your config.plist very easy. You just open the the latest Sample Config.plist with it and import your current settings from your old config.plist, when done just make sure all your kexts and drivers are in their respective folders. It even incorporates an OC Validator to check your settings, when done just save as config.plist, it is just simplistic in it's operation specially for newbies to OC. (see attached)

Spoiler

445444469_ScreenShot2020-12-12at18_35_45.thumb.png.c552cdc087d4ed3f7939499ca2d3eced.png

• Like 3

Hi @eSaF,

i downloaded and used it, but i like more ProperTree, but it don't work again...

But with QtOpenCoreConfig and PListEdit Pro i managed to update to OpenCore 0.6.5, and all works as it should...

Thanks

PS: and now i had to change browsers because Safari don't let me wright this here, i'm now in Firefox ... Lol ...

• Like 4

Just now, MorenoAv said:

Hi @eSaF,

i downloaded and used it, but i like more ProperTree, but it don't work again...

But with QtOpenCoreConfig and PListEdit Pro i managed to update to OpenCore 0.6.5, and all works as it should...

Thanks

PS: and now i had to change browsers because Safari don't let me wright this here, i'm now in Firefox ... Lol ...

Glad you got sorted. Strange Safari not working for you because all is well here with the browser.

• Like 1