[Release] macOS Big Sur 11.0.1

Wayang-NT
107 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, pcpaul said:

I don't know if this came with 11.0.1 or it was introduced earlier, but I've just noticed that now you can natively write to NTFS volumes :shock::thumbsup_anim:

this comes to me new
apart from your experience, is there any official documentation?
that i know ntfs is a proprietary fs

59 minutes ago, pcpaul said:

I don't know if this came with 11.0.1 or it was introduced earlier, but I've just noticed that now you can natively write to NTFS volumes :shock::thumbsup_anim:

Great news :D

However, I saw on several websites that it was not possible with Big Sur.  Three methods exist: Third party software, terminal command for a specific label or format NTFS to exFat/Fat32. 

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

@kushwavez

worked folx 5.21 version which i extracted from dmg  when i extracted version 5.23  from zip

do not work

i think that zip compressed is corrupted

384545704_ScreenShot2020-11-16at9_14_01PM.jpg.5d4e23d8d837fa980e8e5113a319ca52.jpg

Try this chmod +x /path to app/Folx.app/Contents/Macos/Folx

Edited by ontoid

Removing bloated snapshots.

Boot into recovery mode and run the mount command to see your Big Sur partition name and disk/slice.

In terminal type:

diskutil mount /dev/diskXsY  and hit enter (where X and Y are your Big Sur disk and slice)

then type: mount -uw /Volumes/X and hit enter (where X is your Big Sur volume name)

Your Big Sur volume should now be read-write.

Run: bless --folder /Volumes/x/System/Library/CoreServices --bootefi --create-snapshot (and hit enter to generated a new snapshot)

Now you can remove the old bloated/unwanted snapshots.

diskutil apfs listSnapshots diskXsY  for a list of snapshots/uuids

delete unwanted snapshots one at a time:

diskutil apfs deleteSnapshot diskXsY -uuid (the snapshot uuid you want to delete)

• Thanks 2

NTFS read-write try this:

NTFS volumes will normally mount read-only but read-write can be enabled without ntfs-3g and without osxfuse as follows:

From terminal make a mountpoint of your choice for each ntfs volume.  Example: sudo mkdir ~/ntfs

Unmount the target read-only ntfs volume where x is disk number and y is slice: sudo umount /dev/diskxsy

Mount ntfs volume as read-write: sudo mount -t ntfs -o rw,auto,nobrowse /dev/diskxsy ~/ntfs

Link to desktop: sudo ln -s ~/ntfs ~/Desktop/whatever_name_you_choose

Make sure finder is configured to show hard disks/network drives on the desktop.

Keep in mind that if you use ntfs-3g with osxfuse to automount ntfs volumes, install version 3.11.0 or later of osxfuse.  You may have to use recovery mode to copy the ntfs-3g mount_ntfs binary directly to /sbin.

and bless a new snapshot before reboot.

bless --folder /Volumes/x/System/Library/CoreServices --bootefi --create-snapshot

bless --folder /Volumes/x/System/Library/CoreServices --bootefi --create-snapshot

• Thanks 1

Firewall exclusion list as recently reported:

People who want to know what apps and processes are exempt can open the macOS terminal and enter

sudo defaults read /System/Library/Frameworks/NetworkExtension.framework/Resources/Info.plist ContentFilterExclusionList.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Op15L said:

do you have any problem with the youtube video on last chrome?

In my system, it doesn't start, and before with beta release it worked.

kext update and chrome reinstall  seem to fix problem 

Edited by Op15L

no update for me for a while as my motherboard Lan chip died. so striped my Hack down getting a refund. from amazon

posting it back tomorrow. mite be back up and running in two weeks or so

IM back. new motherboard. in the hack

Edited by BALDY_MAN
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Bahhh I don't have that update... unenroll and enroll again the Apple Seed Program... and nothing...

8 hours ago, eSaF said:

Yea it is there but I used Crazybirdie's app.

Reveal hidden contents

151289039_Screenshot2020-11-19at22_09_58.thumb.png.3d5e1817209f48d146325f722f4838d1.png

Hi @MorenoAv @eSaF

Apple has released a new build of 11.0.1 with likely bug fixes and performance improvements, but apparently only for select users. it looks like you need to be updating from a pre-Big Sur version to get the new build. (9to5mac site) Confirmed by AppleInsider: Apple has released a new build of macOS 11.0.1 for certain Mac users who have not yet installed macOS Big Sur on their devices. The 20B50 build may have under-the-hood improvements exclusive to Apple Silicon.

Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B50) was released to block 2013 & 2014 13″ MBPro’s from installing the OS. This move looks to be related to the Big Sur install problems with these models. (mrmackintosh site) :)

Personnel, I wait and see Big Sur 11.1 and others releases. :hysterical:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I down loaded the update but have not installed it as yet simply because it is not showing up automatically, plus I think the update is a patch to fix the Bricking fiasco of some Macs ie 2013 and 2014 MacBook Pro so I am going to hold off for a bit until I learn a bit more about this update. Man Apple has created quite a $hit storm with this version of OS X in more ways than one. Any more of this nonsense, I may have to roll out and turn to my copies of Snow Leopard, or Lion, or Maverick, or........I got them all from S/L up to BS enough to play with until BS gets it's act together like stop snitching on us and effing up machines.

• Like 4

This time Apple wants to {censored} us all, but we win in the end... I think... LOL

PS: Downloading Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B50) now... let's see what is all about...

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 1