[Release] macOS Big Sur 11.0.1

Wayang-NT
107 posts in this topic

From what I've read it seems that this latest update is to exempt 2014 and 2014 machines specially MacBooks because of Bricking and/or Black Screens. If you already have the latest version installed, you will not gain any benefit as such by installing this update hence the reason it is not available to all. The reason for the release is still a bit hazy to say the least. As far as I'm concern I will stick with version 11.1 Beta (20C5048k) until I get notification of an update through the inbuilt app.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HenryV said:

Anyone had issues with itlwm/AirportItlwm/Heliport since upgrading to 20B29 from beta.  Worked ok in beta,

not loading in OC_064

what changed?

If that's the case maybe these kexts has to be modified with every OC or OS X updates and are not so forgiving like the other kexts that will still work even if they are not the latest versions. As I don't use the mentioned kexts I don't know but just musing out loud. :)

Edited by eSaF

Sleep transition time out after 100 second while calling power state change callback 

anyone have this issue on big sur 11.0.1

Auto sleep do not work  stuck there black screen

after i force reboot  this panic report appear

659010505_ScreenShot2020-11-20at5_01_46AM.thumb.jpg.f38668e415650c59deb29168fb16df97.jpg

47 minutes ago, eSaF said:

If that's the case maybe these kexts has to be modified with every OC or OS X updates and are not so forgiving like the other kexts that will still work even if they are not the latest versions. As I don't use the mentioned kexts I don't know but just musing out loud. :)

Interesting to note that they do load and work in clover, at least for 10.15.7

• Thanks 1

@ameenjuz Without knowing your system specs its not easy to offer help, most sleep issues are caused by USB port mapping, USB power settings incorrectly applied or iGPU issues. on my Intel i5 7400 with iGUP 630, sleep doesn't work

4 hours ago, Donw35 said:

@ameenjuz Without knowing your system specs its not easy to offer help, most sleep issues are caused by USB port mapping, USB power settings incorrectly applied or iGPU issues. on my Intel i5 7400 with iGUP 630, sleep doesn't work

absolutely you are right 

i m running Intel I5-7200 Intel HD 620 and i correctly mapped my USB Port according my ACPI  

you mean that this issue is occure only on Kabylake system

when i press sleep button from apple icon then work perfectly 

when i leave laptop for auto sleep do not work 

5 hours ago, HenryV said:

Anyone had issues with itlwm/AirportItlwm/Heliport since upgrading to 20B29 from beta.  Worked ok in beta,

not loading in OC_064

what changed?

Make sure your using the version of AirportItlwm specifically for Big Sur - I haven't had any difficulties using AirportItlwm myself in Big Sur. I keep two copies in my EFI so I can switch between Catalina and Big Sur pretty easily (Can use MinKernel and MaxKernel to have OC take care of selecting it for me)

Hi,

i've chipset 200 AHCI id a282,  i inject id and change IOCLASS AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI to AppleAHCI.
At least now in system information it show Chipset Name you put in injector.

IOReg always show AppleAHCI.

I don't know if it has other positive effect.

Fred

Capture d’écran 2020-11-22 à 19.45.21.png

Capture d’écran 2020-11-22 à 19.48.59.png

Edited by FredWst
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, FredWst said:

Hi,

i've chipset 200 AHCI id a282,  i inject id and change IOCLASS AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI to AppleAHCI.
At least now in system information it show Chipset Name you put in injector.

IOReg always show AppleAHCI.

I don't know if it has other positive effect.

Fred

Capture d’écran 2020-11-22 à 19.45.21.png

Capture d’écran 2020-11-22 à 19.48.59.png

Hi could give me details how you do it?

Mine shows a generic in Big Sur 11.0.1.

Thanks.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 5:57 PM, eSaF said:

I down loaded the update but have not installed it as yet simply because it is not showing up automatically, plus I think the update is a patch to fix the Bricking fiasco of some Macs ie 2013 and 2014 MacBook Pro so I am going to hold off for a bit until I learn a bit more about this update. Man Apple has created quite a $hit storm with this version of OS X in more ways than one. Any more of this nonsense, I may have to roll out and turn to my copies of Snow Leopard, or Lion, or Maverick, or........I got them all from S/L up to BS enough to play with until BS gets it's act together like stop snitching on us and effing up machines.

Snow Leopard was by far the best osx, they should have built of that

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 2:20 AM, greythorne said:

Hi could give me details how you do it?

Mine shows a generic in Big Sur 11.0.1.

Thanks.

Easiest way is to use an injector kext. Here's the one from my Z68 (6 Series Chipset).

Copy the correct entry for your chipset from /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents/Info.plist and change IOClass from AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI to AppleAHCI.

AHCIPortInjector.kext.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2020 at 5:52 PM, dionnode said:

You're lucky.

Indeed I've some message, see this pic,  when I've opened my machine and waited but still empty/nothing, except Wikipedia:

Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 17.37.25.png

I did some reset NVRAM and PRAM  but not help. 

I've solved the problem:

I copied and injected a directory from backup Big Sur Beta (or Catalina ?) to the same place on Big Sur new release :

System-->Library --> AssetsV2 --> com_apple_MobileAsset_DictionaryServices_dictionaryOSX

I waited a lot of time to have Dictionary work full completely. Some restart and shutdown the machine. Just be patient for that...

Edited by dionnode
  • Like 2

I am posting this here because the problem I have only arose, to my knowledge, upon installing the released version of Big Sur.  I have lost the ability to use my laptop's HDMI port.  I have the Intel UHD 620 IGPU but my laptop also has an Nvidia MX150 DGPU, which is disabled in my DSDT. (MaLd0n helped me disable the DGPU when I first bought this laptop.) The HDMI port is wired to the DGPU but I was able to get power to the port, despite it being disabled in my DSDT, by using the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (along with the WhateverGreen.kext) and by injecting Nvidia graphics in Clover.  For reasons unknown to me, the HDMI port did not get power unless I used both NvidiaGraphicsFixup and WEG at the same time.  When I used OC to boot to Big Sur betas, I did not get HDMI working.  Now that Clover can boot Big Sur, I find that my old method of getting power to the HDMI port no longer works.

I think that it might be possible to make a Clover patch that will route the HDMI port to my IGPU.  I don't know if that will actually do anything unless I can bring power to the HDMI port.  I am not sure if I can power that port from the IGPU.  I have the Kabylake-R chipset and, to my knowledge, the HDMI port was wired to the DGPU as a way of making the DGPU available as an alternative to the IGPU without using Nvidia's Optimus technology.  But clearly, I do not need to have a working DGPU along with my IGPU in order for there to be power in the HDMI port.

Does anyone have the slightest idea what I am talking about?  Can anyone help me out with this?  Thanks.

Edited by mnfesq

anyone know exactly 

how to install kexts in /L/E  and rebuild kernel colloction in Big Sur 11.0.1 released version

i do this following procedure but do not work and corruppted my boot system

sudo cp -R *kexts /Library/Extensions

sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kmutil install --volume-root / --update-all 

sudo /usr/sbin/kcditto

anyone guide me about rebuilding kernel colloction using terminal

On 11/25/2020 at 1:58 AM, Riley Freeman said:

Easiest way is to use an injector kext. Here's the one from my Z68 (6 Series Chipset).

Copy the correct entry for your chipset from /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents/Info.plist and change IOClass from AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI to AppleAHCI.

AHCIPortInjector.kext.zip

Great. That worked. Now SATA shows the correct chipset which is intel 10 series chipset.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 9:52 AM, Hervé said:

@ameenjuz, overall, the process in Bug Sur retains the same general philosophy as before. The procedure you followed as described missed the permissions repair part that's always been necessary after copying kexts to /L/E.

Spoiler

Permissions_LE_BigSur.jpg

Spoiler

kext_caching_BigSur.jpg

Please guide me how to rebuild kernel colloction and repair permission

Manually install kexts to System/Library/Extensions.   

Change the paths for /Libary/Extensions

You need to enter recovery mode, open terminal, type at prompt  csrutil status

hit enter

verify response is "disabled"

if not run at prompt: csrutil disable

type at prompt csrutil authenticated-root status

hit enter

verify response is "disabled"

if not run at prompt: csrutil authenticated-root disable

reboot into recovery mode if required

open terminal, at prompt run: mount

hit enter

verify volumes, disk numbers, slices.

confirm with: diskutil list

at prompt type:

diskutil mountDisk diskXsY  where X is the Big Sur disk number and Y is the Big Sur slice.

hit enter

at prompt type:

mount -uw /Volumes/your Big Sur volume name

hit enter

at prompt type: mount

hit enter

Your Big Sur volume should no longer indicate read-only

at prompt:  cp -r where/ever/your/kext/is/whatever.kext /Volumes/your Big Sur volume name/System/Library/Extensions

hit enter

for each kext:

at prompt: chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/your Big Sur volume name/System/Library/Extensions/target.kext && chmod -R 755  /Volumes/your Big Sur volume name/System/Library/Extensions/target.kext

hit enter

then type at prompt:  touch /Volumes/your Big Sur volume name/System/Library/Extensions/whatever.kext(s)

hit enter

then type at prompt: kmutil install --volume-root /Volumes/your Big Sur volume name  --update-all --force

hit enter, wait for finish

then type at prompt: /Volumes/your Big Sur volume name/usr/sbin/kcditto

then type at prompt:

bless --folder /Volumes/your Big Sur volume name/System/Library/CoreServices --bootefi --create-snapshot

reboot

Edited by HenryV

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to downgrade Safari from 14 to 13? I have a very frustrating RAM usage issue when streaming 1080p videos. As you can see it's ridiculous high usage. It's eating up my swap so much and the system will become unusable. Not happening with Safari 13 on Catalina. If I just copy Safari 13 from Catalina it doesn't really work. This is also happening on a real MacBookAir (2017) and an iMac17,1, Notebook 1-2, and on my PC hack.

638932_kepernyofoto_2020-12-05_12_33_00.thumb.png.91062b1371ee79058e8e07366af08a81.png

Edited by kushwavez