OpenCanopy Icons

blackosx
1,484 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2021 at 9:57 PM, Jingu said:

Huge thank you for all the great work with the icons. I'm using Set2 icons with Set3 Light Background.

OpenCore automatically detected and applied the correct OS icons.

macOS 12 Monterey got released. I didn't see the macOS 12 Monterey icon for Set2. Will it be released in a future update for Set2?

OpenCore0.7.4_Set2.png

Thanks @Jingu

Set2 evolved to Set3 so I never went back to update the icons in Set2. I added many more icons to Set3 since then so to bring Set2 up to date would take a lot of work. But I could add. Monterey icon for you.. :) give me a few days and I’ll see what I can do.

23 hours ago, BuXb said:

Hi @blackosx I admit I've been completely out of the loop. Just upgraded to OC 0.7.5 and am again greeted by the default tiny Helvetica font. Do you know if with 0.7.5 it's possible again to have a bigger font size while staying at 1x scale? Preferably even a different font like the framd (my fav back when it still worked)?

Hey @BuXb :) 

I’ve been out of the loop too though still lurking. Now winter is drawing in I’m sure I’ll spend more time here again.

AFAIK, there has been no change with font support in OpenCanopy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, blackosx said:

Thanks @Jingu

Set2 evolved to Set3 so I never went back to update the icons in Set2. I added many more icons to Set3 since then so to bring Set2 up to date would take a lot of work. But I could add. Monterey icon for you.. :) give me a few days and I’ll see what I can do.

Thanks.  That explains why Set3 has a more complete set of icons than Set2. But, a simple Monterey icon update for Set2 would be fine. I understand it's a lot of work creating those icons. Whenever you get a chance. No pressure.

Thanks to @Irish_Man for bringing back the concept from older themes, I've added two new OpenCanopy themes to my GitHub repo. Both have identical icon sets but one has as a plain 5K background and the other a sky and water 5K background image.

BsxDebossBluePlain

preview_ui.jpg

BsxDebossBlueSkyWater

preview_ui.jpg

I haven't generated multiple colour options of this set as I've done in the past with other icon sets, but if there's enough interest in doing so then I can definitely consider it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, blackosx said:

Thanks to @Irish_Man for bringing back the concept from older themes, I've added two new OpenCanopy themes to my GitHub repo. Both have identical icon sets but one has as a plain 5K background and the other a sky and water 5K background image.

Stunning! instantly made this my new OpenCanopy theme. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just to show I've not disappeared, I've been working on bringing up-to-date my previously rendered 3D icons set from older sets in the OpenCanopyIcons repo to put together a new theme to complement OpenCore's flavour system. I'm almost there but unfortunately have run out of time. I hope to get this finished soon but for now this is where I'm at with the current icon set for the theme..

xjO8n5q.jpg

Once I have the icon set complete, I can then move forward to generate set versions in different colours, for example mono, at different angles with different lighting to create various themes....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, blackosx said:

Just to show I've not disappeared, I've been working on bringing up-to-date my previously rendered 3D icons set from older sets in the OpenCanopyIcons repo to put together a new theme to complement OpenCore's flavour system.

Exciting times ahead, looking good already my friend, very much looking forward to the finish product. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 4

On 21/5/2021 at 1:00, antuneddu said:

otra prueba :jajaja:

1261685605_Schermata2021-05-21alle00_57_51.thumb.png.b3bea9754bd9ecc82d2d7c571b242be8.png

Schermata 2021-05-21 alle 00.47.13.png

I have managed to modify Linux so that it adds the icon through the PCI. I have also managed to change the name of windows to windows 11 through the PCI and eliminate the windows scan in polity scan. But it is not clear to me how to change the name to my M2 for Monterey and the SSD for Monterey Beta

Hace 3 minutos, antuneddu dijo:

intente renombrar primero el disco desde el buscador y luego instale
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/tool/power-gadget.html reiniciar debe hacerlo por sí mismo

de lo contrario, si no funciona, con SIP deshabilitado, lo hace manualmente  https://drive.google.com/file/d/16wWX6hZW50szRYrMI08D8jEUOIPY5wsh/view?usp=sharing

Precisamente ese método no lo quiero así que lo tuve con Big Sur y elegí llamarlos como el dispositivo M2 SSD

Captura de pantalla 2021-11-18 a las 14.06.50.png

Edited by kaoskinkae

6 hours ago, Bernardo415 said:

En el momento tengo mi asusx540la con windows 11, pero cuando pase nuevamente a macos uso sus iconos, excelente aporte

Good morning, Bernardo, recuerda escribir en inglés en este foro, en español en la sección Spanish. Posts written in other languages can be deleted.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.
I am trying to create a theme that suits my 4K monitor well. I don't want to use it in UIScale 2, because everything looks so big.
My main problem is with the background. If I put it in 3820x2160 resolution, in UISacle 1, it doesn't fit the entire screen. I have created a Background at a resolution of 7640x 4320, but then it does not load.
Does anyone know how to adapt a background to 4K resolution without using UIScale 2?

Attached the background in inns format and png. (seems black, but it is not black is flat color hex: #0A0A0B
Thanks.

1.png

background.icns