OpenCanopy Icons

blackosx
1,484 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, rajkhand said:

I am unable to disable SIP

As suggested put csr-active-config=FF0F000, rebooted still shows csr enabled

even tried SIP Toggle tool (csrUtil.efi)) in opencore boot but SIP is not dissabled 

I disable SIP from terminal in Recovery mode
" csrutil disable "
Then try as  says @miliuco by  installing Intel Power Gadget I checked and it works as well, after wanting you can uninstall it the Volume remains renamed

Edited by antuneddu

On 8/3/2021 at 1:00 AM, antuneddu said:

Set in  Misc > Boot > PickerAttributes = 144 

For Catalina rename icon to     Apple10_15.icns
For Big Sur  rename icon to     Apple11.icns
For Ubuntu   rename icon to     Linux.icns

To show Auxiliary
Misc > Boot > HideAuxiliary = NO

@antuneddu

Awesome !!! But what about Windows? For example, I installed Win10 Pro 21H1+Win10 2019 LTSC+Win11, how to match different icons?

11 hours ago, antuneddu said:

11 hours ago, antuneddu said:

🙃 It's my work in progress, sorry still incomplete If you like it anyway, here ... there are several disabled with   -   or 1      rename the ones you like 😉

icon.zip 568.62 kB · 7 downloads

Resource.zip 51.64 kB · 5 downloads

@antuneddu

:thumbsup_anim:The icon is very beautiful! Thanks for sharing! ! !

B.thumb.png.bca41a3ac7807781f8ee9743cb9699c7.png

C.thumb.png.6c271772cd7c127dba4c979547dd0344.png

:blowup:I looked at Flavours.md, but I set it to invalid, and the strange thing is that the Windows 10 icon always shows HardDrive.icns instead of windows.icns.:(
Is it related to the boot path I set up for Windows, as shown in the figure.

A.thumb.png.0b05e6ec2707509d451d856def5cb732.png

When I remove the boot path, the icon of Windows 10 shows windows.icns. I don't want to remove the boot path that has been set. What should I do now?:wallbash:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fryysyd said:

@antuneddu

:thumbsup_anim:The icon is very beautiful! Thanks for sharing! ! !

B.thumb.png.bca41a3ac7807781f8ee9743cb9699c7.png

C.thumb.png.6c271772cd7c127dba4c979547dd0344.png

:blowup:I looked at Flavours.md, but I set it to invalid, and the strange thing is that the Windows 10 icon always shows HardDrive.icns instead of windows.icns.:(
Is it related to the boot path I set up for Windows, as shown in the figure.

A.thumb.png.0b05e6ec2707509d451d856def5cb732.png

When I remove the boot path, the icon of Windows 10 shows windows.icns. I don't want to remove the boot path that has been set. What should I do now?:wallbash:

Thanks, nice even that background that you put when there are many icons with different colors it is more difficult to find a suitable one

Okay, I created a fake entry because I don't have
Windows 10 Enterprise installed
it is very simple using Flavor to set the entry as you like (maybe use a shorter name so that it is displayed in the gui)
look at the pictures

1653543214_Schermata2021-08-21alle09_11_28.thumb.png.13e52905e77e8f0801cd977f842ddf0a.png

The icon named within the theme

1443802362_Schermata2021-08-21alle09_12_55.png.bb574bc91d00ac08a6593d88ae42bda5.png

Final results

21071500.thumb.png.1f8fd7aa2ad80261f0bb3a91477507e6.png

😉 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rajkhand said:

@antuneddu @miliuco

thanks! both of you, I chose the IGP route and it works.

one more help, what csrUtil.efi does?

And in @miliuco screen I see in one Toggle Sip (enabled) and in other (disabled how it is done?

Well , I'm glad 🙂 

Toggle Sip you can enable it from the playlist Misc > Security  and the effect is immediate enable / disable System Integrity Protection

2070623736_Schermata2021-08-21alle09_55_13.png.26b30beec46efdd709430c4029075a03.png

while CsrUtil.efi in practice does the same thing but interacting through the Shell 

you have more configuration options

141248190_Schermata2021-08-21alle10_13_50.png.b16d1e5f3ab1c109c901fb5daffc68ea.png

You can learn more by reading the pdf inside the OC release, or find by searching for different posts by @miliuco   🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, antuneddu said:

Thanks, nice even that background that you put when there are many icons with different colors it is more difficult to find a suitable one

Okay, I created a fake entry because I don't have
Windows 10 Enterprise installed
it is very simple using Flavor to set the entry as you like (maybe use a shorter name so that it is displayed in the gui)
look at the pictures

1653543214_Schermata2021-08-21alle09_11_28.thumb.png.13e52905e77e8f0801cd977f842ddf0a.png

The icon named within the theme

1443802362_Schermata2021-08-21alle09_12_55.png.bb574bc91d00ac08a6593d88ae42bda5.png

Final results

21071500.thumb.png.1f8fd7aa2ad80261f0bb3a91477507e6.png

😉

@antuneddu

:thumbsup_anim: Wow, it works! Wonderful! 000.png.81b608451ece32e330166096b5abf0bf.png

001.thumb.png.48aeb360e9878d27bfb7eeb07d121d09.png
Thank you very much for your answers! :thanks_speechbubble: I began to doubt my abilities.:blowup:

Finally, forgive me for taking the liberty! :thumbsup_anim:Can you share the two icon files pointed by the arrows in the following two pictures or other new icons? The icons you make are very beautiful, it's best to use the same series to look good, I found it to add it to feel inconsistent, lack of consistency and beauty!

002.thumb.png.b5b5978a12c3cbe71aaffcddc83d9c9a.png

003.thumb.png.4f2651e3aebb71d74e0d7145318992a0.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, antuneddu said:

🙃 It's my work in progress, sorry still incomplete If you like it anyway, here ... there are several disabled with   -   or 1      rename the ones you like 😉

Thanks a lot for sharing Your very nice in-progress work :) I will definitely  stay tuned to this thread to follow the evolution of all these icon sets for Opencore

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 10:13 AM, antuneddu said:

:thumbsup_anim: 

No unfortunately the one you indicate for recovery I deleted it I didn't like it so much and so I clean up, I'm sorry
Here the one for windows and another for recovery I don't know if I have already sent it to you 

Icon.zipFetching info...

@antuneddu

😀Thanks again for sharing! This is already great! At the same time, thank you for your advice!👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I would need to create a background image for an OpenCore GUI custom theme using the icons shared in this thread (Thanks to Blackosx :)). To do this I used an image in .png format with a resolution of 1920x1200 (the optimal resolution for my monitor), filling the canvas exceeding the 1920x1200 size with a transparent background to get a 1920x1920 square image and trying to convert it to an .icns format image (such as background images contained in various Blackosx icon sets) .icns format. Unfortunately it was not possible to do this using with the Preview App in macOS, while using on-line converters I only obtained images with the correct .icns format but with a maximum size of 512x512.
What am I doing wrong?

How can I create a background image to insert into an OpenCore custom theme?
Thanks in advance for Your help

Edited by SardusX86

9 hours ago, antuneddu said:

Hi, Use the app from @chris1111 to convert png to incs , https://github.com/chris1111/OpenCanopy-Generator/releases/tag/V3   just drag the image into the app

Thanks a lot again, it works fine! :thumbsup_anim:

If it can be useful, to create a background image for a monitor with a max resolution of 1920x1200 it is necessary to use an image with a resolution of 3840x2400.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I can't find a way or don't know if it exists to change the OC linux logo instead of Linux.icns. I have seen in some cases of introducing it in the linux system itself but that method does not convince me. My question is how can it be done from OpenCore. Thanks

Hi,

First, I am sorry if it is not the right place to ask.

Then, all the creations which are displayed in this forum are just superb : thanks for all these.

Next, I am eager to be able to install such an image Canopy picker in my OC setup (OC 0.7.2).

But, unfortunately, I am yet unable to achieve that in a way or another, and this only because

I don't understand how to setup the right folder tree to stick to OpenCanopy rules.

Up to now, I know that there should be an /EFI/OC/Resources folder, so far so good.

It seems to me that the late must contains 4 subdirs : Audio, Label, Image, Font.

Should it contain other default files of subdirs ?

And, next, what is below the Image level ?

It seems that it could contain a list of authors like Acidanthera or blackosx,

and then for each author, there are several themes available

like Chardonnay, Syrah or GoldenGate in the Acidanthera case.

And, for example in the Chardonnay subcase, there is a list of 22 different .icns files.

But, at boot time, the debug log file, when processing the OpenCanopy item,

shows complaints about other missing icone files like below :

11:644 00:074 OCUI: Failed to load image (1/1) Resources\Image\Acidanthera\GoldenGate\Background.icns prefix:Acidanthera\GoldenGate icon:0 - Not Found
11:705 00:061 OCUI: Failed to load image (1/2) Resources\Image\Acidanthera\GoldenGate\Apple.icns prefix:Acidanthera\GoldenGate icon:1 - Not Found
11:764 00:058 OCUI: Failed to load image (2/2) Resources\Image\Acidanthera\GoldenGate\ExtWindows.icns prefix:Acidanthera\GoldenGate icon:1 - Not Found
11:813 00:049 OCUI: Failed to load image (1/2) Resources\Image\Acidanthera\GoldenGate\Other.icns prefix:Acidanthera\GoldenGate icon:1 - Not Found
11:871 00:057 OCUI: Failed to load image (2/2) Resources\Image\Acidanthera\GoldenGate\ExtTool.icns prefix:Acidanthera\GoldenGate icon:1 - Not Found
11:911 00:040 OCUI: Failed to load image (1/2) Resources\Image\Acidanthera\GoldenGate\ResetNVRAM.icns prefix:Acidanthera\GoldenGate icon:1 - Not Found
11:947 00:035 OCUI: Failed to load image (2/2) Resources\Image\Acidanthera\GoldenGate\ExtShell.icns prefix:Acidanthera\GoldenGate icon:1 - Not Found

Question is : what am I missing ? Where should these missing files be located in the Resources tree ?

And, also, where to find these missing files (repository) ?

More on the tree question, about the very fine example shown by blackosx here :

https://github.com/blackosx/OpenCanopyIconPacks/raw/master/BOCIP_3_LE_GreenGlow_ASROCK/BOCIP_3_LE_GreenGlow_ASROCK.zip

What could be the full right tree in this new case, starting, as above with the Resources folder ?

Could you please help me ? I feel I am somewhat lost...

Many thanks.

Edited by grodid

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2021 at 5:14 PM, grodid said:

Hi,

First, I am sorry if it is not the right place to ask.

Then, all the creations which are displayed in this forum are just superb : thanks for all these.

Next, I am eager to be able to install such an image Canopy picker in my OC setup (OC 0.7.2).

But, unfortunately, I am yet unable to achieve that in a way or another, and this only because

I don't understand how to setup the right folder tree to stick to OpenCanopy rules.

Up to now, I know that there should be an /EFI/OC/Resources folder, so far so good.

It seems to me that the late must contains 4 subdirs : Audio, Label, Image, Font.

Should it contain other default files of subdirs ?

And, next, what is below the Image level ?

It seems that it could contain a list of authors like Acidanthera or blackosx,

and then for each author, there are several themes available

like Chardonnay, Syrah or GoldenGate in the Acidanthera case.

And, for example in the Chardonnay subcase, there is a list of 22 different .icns files.

But, at boot time, the debug log file, when processing the OpenCanopy item,

shows complaints about other missing icone files like below :

Question is : what am I missing ? Where should these missing files be located in the Resources tree ?

And, also, where to find these missing files (repository) ?

More on the tree question, about the very fine example shown by blackosx here :

https://github.com/blackosx/OpenCanopyIconPacks/raw/master/BOCIP_3_LE_GreenGlow_ASROCK/BOCIP_3_LE_GreenGlow_ASROCK.zip

What could be the full right tree in this new case, starting, as above with the Resources folder ?

Could you please help me ? I feel I am somewhat lost...

Many thanks.

Some icons are optional, others are compulsory - even the OC-authored themes have some of the non-required icons 'missing'. If it starts in graphical boot picker, you have all the compulsory icons in place and the directories set up right. If it ends up in the text boot picker you are missing something.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 3:29 PM, Bmju said:

Some icons are optional, others are compulsory - even the OC-authored themes have some of the non-required icons 'missing'. If it starts in graphical boot picker, you have all the compulsory icons in place and the directories set up right. If it ends up in the text boot picker you are missing something.

This "missing" has been happening for long time and I've just ignored it.

It would be nice to know why there's this "warning" and what's purpose of mentioning it even in the OC-authored themes.

All it does is create anxiety with inexperienced users who believe there's a fault.

1 hour ago, MacNB said:

This "missing" has been happening for long time and I've just ignored it.

It would be nice to know why there's this "warning" and what's purpose of mentioning it even in the OC-authored themes.

All it does is create anxiety with inexperienced users who believe there's a fault.

Don't think of the OC debug log as a user-friendly front end. It's not, it's a relatively low level log of things the devs have found useful for debugging what is going on when there are problems.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bmju said:

Don't think of the OC debug log as a user-friendly front end. It's not, it's a relatively low level log of things the devs have found useful for debugging what is going on when there are problems.

Yes I know OC log is not meant to be user-friendly log. I have been using it for a long time and debugged many issues.

And that is my point. That is, when someone new (in this case, many times) sees that something is "missing" and they immediately assume there's a problem and request support.

In this particular case, no-one has explained why this message appears except to say "...it ok...just ignore it...it will fine..."

So what happens is folks will keep asking.

It would better to either remove those debug messages if they add no value or properly document the meaning.

Edited by MacNB

On 6/27/2021 at 9:31 AM, blackosx said:

Just a quick post to say I've added MacOS 12 Monterey and Windows11 icons to Set3 and Windows11 icons to Set5 at the OpenCanopyIcons repo.

Huge thank you for all the great work with the icons. I'm using Set2 icons with Set3 Light Background.

OpenCore automatically detected and applied the correct OS icons.

macOS 12 Monterey got released. I didn't see the macOS 12 Monterey icon for Set2. Will it be released in a future update for Set2?

OpenCore0.7.4_Set2.png

On 2/28/2021 at 3:31 PM, blackosx said:

Thank you! It was indeed the kerning pairs causing the problem :)

Thanks to the note from @cecekpawon about the kerning pairs, the fonts issue has been resolved and I've now generated new font images which I've successfully tested in Qemu (though only at 1x Scale).

OC-Fonts-Fixed-Preview.jpg

Aller_Bd.zip 13.22 kB · 21 downloads calibri.zip 11.79 kB · 10 downloads Candara.zip 12.82 kB · 9 downloads corbel.zip 11.65 kB · 8 downloads ebrima.zip 10.77 kB · 6 downloads framd.zip 13.42 kB · 14 downloads FuturaLight.zip 12.2 kB · 13 downloads gadugi.zip 10.81 kB · 8 downloads

Hi @blackosx I admit I've been completely out of the loop. Just upgraded to OC 0.7.5 and am again greeted by the default tiny Helvetica font. Do you know if with 0.7.5 it's possible again to have a bigger font size while staying at 1x scale? Preferably even a different font like the framd (my fav back when it still worked)?

Edited by BuXb
  • Like 1