OpenCanopy Icons

blackosx
1,491 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Yes, good to see the inclusion of Restart and Shutdown icons in the OpenCanopy UI now. I'm in the process of updating my repo and will update the OpenCanopyIconsSetBuilder script once done.

PickerAttributes have no affect on the UI left/right icons. For these to appear, make sure you have the icns files in your Resources/Image dir and the preceding name (if any) matches your PickerVariant.

PickerAttributes are for setting what you want to appear for example:

To allow custom volume icons to be read from .volumeIcons.icns file on volumes, set Misc->Boot->PickerAttributes to 1 (0x01)

To allow custom volume icons to be read from .volumeIcons.icns file on volumes AND custom disk labels to be read from .contentDetails on Volumes, set Misc->Boot->PickerAttributes to 3 (0x03)

To allow custom volume icons to be read from .volumeIcons.icns file on volumes AND custom disk labels to be read from .contentDetails on Volumes AND the pointer, set Misc->Boot->PickerAttributes to 19 (0x13)

You can mix and match them as per the documentation.

I'm currently using 17 (0x11).

Thanks for these explanations. 

The Modern UI left/right icons are present in Resources/Image folder. The ModernBackground.icns appears correctly. 

So is all working for you? or are you still missing left and right icons?

I'm sure you know this, but you will only see the left/right icons if you have more devices than can be displayed at the current resolution and UI scale.

3 minutes ago, blackosx said:

So is all working for you? or are you still missing left and right icons?

Thanks. Left and right icons are still missing.

5 minutes ago, blackosx said:

I'm sure you know this, but you will only see the left/right icons if you have more devices than can be displayed at the current resolution and UI scale.

I don't know that. I've two devices (Big Sur HDD + Windows HDD) and one external USB (for test) and my current resolution is 1920*1080 (monitor 27")

My UIScale setting

<key>UIScale</key>
<data>AQ==</data>

I've updated Set3 icons with Restart and Shutdown icons to support the latest changes to OpenCanopy.

My OpenCanopyIconsSetBuilder script has also been updated to v0.1.8 to include these new icons (link in first post).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks. Left and right icons are still missing.

I don't know that. I've two devices (Big Sur HDD + Windows HDD) and one external USB (for test) and my current resolution is 1920*1080 (monitor 27")

If you only have two devices then you won't see the left and right scroll arrows.

EDIT:

For example, on a 1024x768 resolution display you will need more than five devices to show the scroll arrows.

942694742_ScreenShot2021-03-09at10_47_41.thumb.png.91fbf3f3f83c55a5ad6fdd181e6690d1.png

Edited by blackosx
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, wiliplasen said:

This new icons are for the Shutdown.efi, or this file is no longer necesary??

Thanks

This function is embedded in Opencore 0.6.8 Beta latest commit. So the driver is not necessary only for this version of Opencore and newer. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After @chris1111 onslaught of theme ideas ;) (that boy has so much time)...

I thought I'd at least try to come up with an idea for a theme. Here's a quick mockup of an idea...

Open-Canopy-Theme-Mockup.jpg

I may work on creating it if the general idea is liked..

EDIT: The idea is a transparent device area that can be overlaid on any OC default background colour or other image. So the kernel panic image and combined reflected person image could easily be swapped for any other image.

Edited by blackosx
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, blackosx said:

I thought I'd at least try to come up with an idea for a theme. Here's a quick mockup of an idea...

EDIT: The idea is a transparent device area that can be overlaid on any OC default background colour or other image. So the kernel panic image and combined reflected person image could easily be swapped for any other image.

I love it ! Brillant!:thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pkdesign said:

I like it. So is that where OC will be putting the Shutdown and Restart images? They are a part of OC now or can we still make custom icons?

Right. With latest Opencore 0.6.8 Beta, the Shutdown and Restart icons are included in OcBinarydata Resources/Image folder. Of course, you can make your custom icons (Modern or not, or both)

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 10:44 PM, blackosx said:

Lovely theme! Very very nice. High quality design. Do not leave it unfinished and offer it to the community that I really like it. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 10:44 PM, blackosx said:

Hey @blackosx Have you already named this beautiful theme? I'm waiting for you to finish it to test it with 0.6.8 :)

8 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Right. With latest Opencore 0.6.8 Beta, the Shutdown and Restart icons are included in OcBinarydata Resources/Image folder. Of course, you can make your custom icons (Modern or not, or both)

I am testing the new ReStart and ShutDown icons from OC 0.6.8 with recent themes from @chris1111 and @blackosx and I have noticed that they only work with mouse pointer, they do not work from keyboard, is that correct?

Edited by miliuco

19 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

Apple updated Piker on the modern Intel models.

Thanks for the note.

24 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

@blackosx

Please add the link to Acidanthera Resources in the first a post.

https://github.com/acidanthera/OcBinaryData

Sure. Done.

While here, can I ask for some clarification on the usage of the OpenCore logo?

I ask because when I created my circular background based on the colours of the OpenCore logo, you commented "You shouldn't make change to a logo. Or use a logo as is, or don't use absolutely." and subsequently amended the configuration PDF to state that it must not be modified.

I then see your post hereNote for the artists: It is not explicitly forbidden to use OpenCore logo when creating themes for OpenCanopy for uncommercial purposes. And I now see the OpenCore logo being used and "modified" here which can be downloaded here

So essentially I'm asking, 

1 - Am I now allowed to use the OpenCore logo in my background images?

2 - Am I allowed to use it modified? Here I mean, not changing the structure of the logo but using different lighting, shading, greyscale etc?

For example: (Kept small just for a quick visual)

image.thumb.jpg.110f6f4f3c3e2efa32b66a115ec064af.jpg

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: I'm don't mind either way, just wanted clarification.

Edited by blackosx

10 minutes ago, blackosx said:

1 - Am I now allowed to use the OpenCore logo in my background images?

2 - Am I allowed to use it modified? Here I mean, not changing the structure of the logo but using different lighting, shading, greyscale etc?

1. Yes, You can use OpenCore logo when creating themes for OpenCanopy for uncommercial purposes.

2. No.