OpenCanopy Icons

blackosx
1,491 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, blackosx said:

i like it because it reminds me of something similar I tried many years ago for a Chameleon theme. I had a quick look for it yesterday at the Theme Park on voodooprojects.org to show you but couldn’t find it. I guess it never progressed further than my ideas folder but I’m curious now so I may have a look through some old archives on the weekend. If I find anything I’ll share an image.  :)

Chameleon!! :w00t: You are showing your age!

Wow, I remember starting my hackintoshing with Chameleon. Memories.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/18/2021 at 3:01 PM, blackosx said:

While it's good to see users wanting to put together collections of .icns for OpenCore I would be nice to see original content rather than just taking others' work. I mention this because the majority of these are from @Badruzeus Neon Clover theme. I wonder if you asked his permission to use them. If not, can you at least be respectful and credit him?

Hi, no problem @blackosx. :) How are you? This reminds me about Chamelia (Chameleon theme originally created by you) that I did make port to Clover. #LMAO

I don't even remember when was last time I logging in this forum #LOL. I'm not hackintosh user anymore.

Under GPL (are Clover & it's resources licenced under GPL?), yup.. I think it's important giving credit to the original author; just bcoz I'm responsible to my works. That is.

Anyway, now I GIVE PERMISSION to all of YOU for porting my Clover Themes to Open Canopy. But, plz don't forget mentioning the credit for not againsts GPL Spirit (I hope, it doesn't mean killing your creativity). Though, there're bunch of OC themes which much better than mine from @chris1111 etc.

Thanks and have a nice day, everyone.

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hey @Badruzeus :)

I'm good thanks and hope all is well with you.

Thanks for stopping by and giving your permission. I wouldn't have thought many people would port your themes verbatim, though I could be wrong, but they may well choose to take elements from them. Either way, it's good to know you're happy with that providing they give credit.

Yes, @chris1111 has been working hard to create his themes and I can see his skills are improving as time goes on. You never know, I may well decide to create one or two complete themes myself rather than just concentrate on creating sets of icons.

Anyway, take care buddy and stay safe.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, blackosx said:

Hey @Badruzeus :)

I'm good thanks and hope all is well with you.

Thanks for stopping by and giving your permission. I wouldn't have thought many people would port your themes verbatim, though I could be wrong, but they may well choose to take elements from them. Either way, it's good to know you're happy with that providing they give credit.

Yes, @chris1111 has been working hard to create his themes and I can see his skills are improving as time goes on. You never know, I may well decide to create one or two complete themes myself rather than just concentrate on creating sets of icons.

Anyway, take care buddy and stay safe.

I may well decide to create one.... Cooming soon :w00t:

Edited by antuneddu

18 hours ago, antuneddu said:

I may well decide to create one.... Cooming soon :w00t:

Why not create your hown theme 

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Why not create your hown theme 

but i'm not as good as you or @blackosx :blush: for icons i don't know where to start, all the way i'm trying :moil: but for now i use your icons they look good on top  hope you don't mind, i'll pay you the copyrights:hysterical: .I  wonder if you can move the position of the icons upwards, perhaps by modifying the .lbl files? Thanks

06123304.png

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

but i'm not as good as you or @blackosx :blush: for icons i don't know where to start, all the way i'm trying :moil: but for now i use your icons they look good on top  hope you don't mind, i'll pay you the copyrights:hysterical: .I  wonder if you can move the position of the icons upwards, perhaps by modifying the .lbl files? Thanks...

Correct me @chris1111 or @blackosxif I'm wrong but the position of the icons is immutable for now, they can't be positioned up or down, right?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

but i'm not as good as you or @blackosx :blush: for icons i don't know where to start, all the way i'm trying :moil: but for now i use your icons they look good on top  hope you don't mind, i'll pay you the copyrights:hysterical: .I  wonder if you can move the position of the icons upwards, perhaps by modifying the .lbl files? Thanks

06123304.png

Verry nice :thumbsup_anim: I love it Tell me what you need exactly

Edited by chris1111

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

Verry nice :thumbsup_anim: I love it Tell me what you need exactly

ahahahaha thanks :wub: since the icons are too attached to the little man and I would not like to make it smaller, I was wondering if the line of all icons could be brought higher ? :worried_anim:

collage.png

Edited by antuneddu

1 hour ago, antuneddu said:

ahahahaha thanks :wub: since the icons are too attached to the little man and I would not like to make it smaller, I was wondering if the line of all icons could be brought higher ? :worried_anim:

collage.png

Yes it can be :wink_anim: wait 10 minutes

Edited by chris1111

@antuneddu Well done!. It's only by spending time at something do you get an understanding in to what's involved. Just like OSx86 :)

@miliuco Correct. The vertical position of the devices cannot currently be changed in OpenCanopy and it may never be able to. It all depends on the desired result of what it needs to be. Download-Fritz has put a lot of work in to get it to it's current state and he's been making many changes recently in the OpenCore repository for the forthcoming 0.6.8. 

As a side note to raise icons, they could be made smaller and positioned higher within the current 128x128 size? but this would only achieve a slight adjustment. Simplest option will be to just adjust the background image.

Edited by blackosx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Yes it can be :wink_anim: wait 10 minutes

Here the file test let me know if is ok

EDIT. WAIT I am going to test the file

FILE.zip

EDIT file attach looks good for me 

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chris1111 said:

FILE.zip 291.97 kB · 2 downloads

@chris1111

I see that the bottom edge of the icons is a little up, right? And if Selector (Continue word) is placed over the icons, so as not to interfere with the image of the robot?

@antuneddu

Where can I download the background to try Chris icons?

Edited by miliuco

3 hours ago, chris1111 said:

FILE.zip 291.97 kB · 5 downloads

sure that with these themes it has become a playground :hysterical: I like it , thanks @ criss1111 I tried the icons have risen but the writings remain low, do nothing here or shrunk the little man 

07231049.png

Just now, antuneddu said:

sure that with these themes it has become a playground :hysterical: I like it , thanks @ criss1111 I tried the icons have risen but the writings remain low, do nothing here or shrunk the little man 

07231049.png

ops don t replace resetnvram icon :D

• Like 1

@blackosx

What PickerAttributes values do you recommend? This morning, I build latest Opencore commit ba8eb0e with Embedded Restart and Shutdown icons. Using explanations from Dortania guide for my Z390 config, I select PickerAttributes=1 (Default setting in sample.plist). So I don't have pointer, left and right icons.

Can you help me please !  I don't understand the explanations in OC Configurations.pdf

Thanks.

Yes, good to see the inclusion of Restart and Shutdown icons in the OpenCanopy UI now. I'm in the process of updating my repo and will update the OpenCanopyIconsSetBuilder script once done.

PickerAttributes have no affect on the UI left/right icons. For these to appear, make sure you have the icns files in your Resources/Image dir and the preceding name (if any) matches your PickerVariant.

PickerAttributes are for setting what you want to appear for example:

To allow custom volume icons to be read from .volumeIcons.icns file on volumes, set Misc->Boot->PickerAttributes to 1 (0x01)

To allow custom volume icons to be read from .volumeIcons.icns file on volumes AND custom disk labels to be read from .contentDetails on Volumes, set Misc->Boot->PickerAttributes to 3 (0x03)

To allow custom volume icons to be read from .volumeIcons.icns file on volumes AND custom disk labels to be read from .contentDetails on Volumes AND the pointer, set Misc->Boot->PickerAttributes to 19 (0x13)

You can mix and match them as per the documentation.

I'm currently using 17 (0x11).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1