OpenCanopy Icons

blackosx
1,484 posts in this topic

hello

i'm back and believe me @blackosx , I'm sorry, I'm trying to make a new theme. it's sad, but I however passed my images created with pixelmator in @chris1111 program icns.packbuilder. but same problem as with the previous one. I must have a problem with the pixel or the size, the thing is, I can't find which one is. Would you explain to me how to find and fix? just to not disturb you anymore.  should you have a look at my fault to fix it? here is the desired final theme, like i imagine it,  and the folder I created. thank you
O

vicDaftPunk.JPG

vict.zip

Edited by odemolay

Only these files are correctly formed ICNS files

ModernBackground
ModernExtAppleRecv
ModernShell
ModernTool

The following are .PNG files incorrectly renamed with .icns extensions. You need to convert these to ICNS files using either @chris1111 Icnspack-Builder or the script in this thread (linked to in the opening post).
ModernApple
ModernAppleRecv
ModernAppleTM
ModernCursor
ModernExtHardDrive
ModernHardDrive
ModernLeft
ModernRight
ModernSelected
ModernSelector
ModernWindows
And for completeness, you are missing
ExtAppleTM
I've converted the PNG files to ICNS for you. 
I have not tested.

vict_Converted_to_ICNS.zip

EDIT:
Just tested the revised link in QEMU and it works fine.
11202213.thumb.png.4a3457b29a6fae4ce2b2c5d134974f27.png

Edited by blackosx
Edit on mobile
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, blackosx said:

ModernBackground
ModernExtAppleRecv
ModernShell
ModernTool

The following are .PNG files incorrectly renamed with .icns extensions. You need to convert these to ICNS files using either @chris1111 Icnspack-Builder or the script in this thread (linked to in the opening post).

ModernApple
ModernAppleRecv
ModernAppleTM
ModernCursor
ModernExtHardDrive
ModernHardDrive
ModernLeft
ModernRight
ModernSelected
ModernSelector
ModernWindows

ExtAppleTM
I have not tested.

EDIT:

thank you again i'm bad, i have yet used the chris1111 program but certainly in a wrong way, i will try again with other creations on my own. Thanks for your help.

While it's good to see users wanting to put together collections of .icns for OpenCore I would be nice to see original content rather than just taking others' work. I mention this because the majority of these are from @Badruzeus Neon Clover theme. I wonder if you asked his permission to use them. If not, can you at least be respectful and credit him?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dear friends, I've noticed that, in most of the themes I have tried, the OpenShell icon is the same as the Tool, I have not gotten OpenShell to display the Shell.icns (or ModernShell.icns ...) icon instead of Tool.icns. It happens to someone else? OC 0.6.6.

I attach my config.plist to check picker options. Thanks.

config.plist

Edited by miliuco
config.plist added
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Dear friends, I've noticed that, in most of the themes I have tried, the OpenShell icon is the same as the Tool, I have not gotten OpenShell to display the Shell.icns (or ModernShell.icns ...) icon instead of Tool.icns. It happens to someone else? OC 0.6.6.

I attach my config.plist to check picker options. Thanks.

config.plist 19.59 kB · 1 download

same problem for me the Shell Icon is never show maybe its a particular setup?

Edited by chris1111

7 hours ago, chris1111 said:

The most surprising thing is that before different icon was shown. Look at this post, by the way with your theme, and you see the OpenShell icon.

I think I haven't changed anything in config.plist but for some reason now it's Tool icon.

Edited by miliuco

10 hours ago, chris1111 said:

I have to name the tool as "UEFI Shell" (without quotes), for some reason I had written OpenShell in the key name but if I write UEFI Shell then it shows the differentiated icon.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

@chris1111

After analyzing this behavior, these are the conclusions:

1. If you add OpenShell.efi from ProperTree (Cmd + R or Cmd + Shift + R) it writes OpenShell.efi as name of the tool

ProperTree.png.754d540d15dff17c1e84596428b07efd.png

2. If you add OpenShell.efi from OpenCore Configurator it writes OpenShell as name of the tool

674207509_OCConfigurator.png.446966412af9dee50147ab587cc05060.png

3. OpenCore Sample.plist file has UEFI Shell as name of the tool, this is the only way the OpenShell icon is Shell.icns instead of Tool.icns.

Sample.png.26f36ddf0446cff97605ec784010fa0d.png

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, miliuco said:

@chris1111

1. If you add OpenShell.efi from ProperTree (Cmd + R or Cmd + Shift + R) it writes OpenShell.efi as name of the tool

ProperTree.png.754d540d15dff17c1e84596428b07efd.png

2. If you add OpenShell.efi from OpenCore Configurator it writes OpenShell as name of the tool

674207509_OCConfigurator.png.446966412af9dee50147ab587cc05060.png

3. OpenCore Sample.plist file has Uefi Shell as name of the tool, this is the only way the OpenShell icon is Shell.icns instead of Tool.icns.

Sample.png.26f36ddf0446cff97605ec784010fa0d.png

Thanks I have already try that

I have the same and its show as Tool not a Shell Icon ?

Capture d’écran, le 2021-02-18 à 16.20.43.png

29 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Thanks I have already try that

I have the same and its show as Tool not a Shell Icon ?

Capture d’écran, le 2021-02-18 à 16.20.43.png

Look at the Name key, it has Open Shell as string, it must be UEFI Shell.

Comment key can be empty and Path key must be OpenShell.efi, as in your code.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Look at the Name key, it has Open Shell as string, it must be UEFI Shell.

Comment key can be empty and Path key must be OpenShell.efi, as in your code.

Its work Thanks a lot :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, miliuco said:

3. OpenCore Sample.plist file has UEFI Shell as name of the tool, this is the only way the OpenShell icon is Shell.icns instead of Tool.icns.

Interesting observation. I've not encountered this myself, but then I don't use either ProperTree or OpenCore Configurator. Maybe notify the app devs to make them aware of it?

1 hour ago, blackosx said:

Interesting observation. I've not encountered this myself, but then I don't use either ProperTree or OpenCore Configurator. Maybe notify the app devs to make them aware of it?

But to whom request the change? To corpnewt and mackie100 to modify the apps to adapt to OpenCore even though they both work well?

Oh, they work okay? Then apologies. I read it as you were saying that only by setting the name 'UEFI Shell' as name of the tool (as OpenCore Sample.plist file) was the only way the OpenShell icon is Shell.icns instead of Tool.icns, and in this case the two apps, ProperTree or OpenCore Configurator, didn't do that.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Oh, they work okay? Then apologies. I read it as you were saying that only by setting the name 'UEFI Shell' as name of the tool (as OpenCore Sample.plist file) was the only way the OpenShell icon is Shell.icns instead of Tool.icns, and in this case the two apps, ProperTree or OpenCore Configurator, didn't do that.

I see you like to be clear :)
On second thought I see that you are right.

Above all, OpenCore Configurator, which is an app made specifically for use with OpenCore, should take into account the behavior of OpenCore.

Also ProperTree, whose utility goes beyond OpenCore (it is a plist file editor) but it's used by many of us.
I will send the comment to the developers.

Edit: done (corpnewt and mackie100 ).

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

I just tried ProperTree and it's great! and I do like the CMD + R option to read the OC directory. :)

To confirm what you discovered, OpenCore's OC_MENU_UEFI_SHELL_ENTRY is "UEFI SHELL" and only shows the ICON_SHELL if the entry name matches that. 

EDIT: But yes, I agree, maybe it's more relevant to OpenCore Configurator as that's a specific app for OpenCore.

Edited by blackosx
Fix link
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, blackosx said:

I just tried ProperTree and it's great! and I do like the CMD + R option to read the OC directory. :)

To confirm what you discovered, OpenCore's OC_MENU_UEFI_SHELL_ENTRY is "UEFI SHELL" and only shows the ICON_SHELL if the entry name matches that. 

EDIT: But yes, I agree, maybe it's more relevant to OpenCore Configurator as that's a specific app for OpenCore.

Yes, the feature of generating OC snapshots is the main reason I use ProperTree. It is very usefull for the app to fill in acpi, kexts, tools and drivers by itself.
It would not have occurred to me to look at the OcBootManagementLib.h and BootPicker.c files :(

And there we clearly see the explanation for the behavior that we have detected.
Thanks for the info!!!

Edited by miliuco

On 2/11/2021 at 9:17 PM, blackosx said:

ModernBackground
ModernExtAppleRecv
ModernShell
ModernTool

ModernApple
ModernAppleRecv
ModernAppleTM
ModernCursor
ModernExtHardDrive
ModernHardDrive
ModernLeft
ModernRight
ModernSelected
ModernSelector
ModernWindows

ExtAppleTM
I have not tested.

EDIT:

hi @blackosx qemu I would like to install it too I used it with Windows but I can't find a valid guide for mac, could you please direct me? Thanks

21 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Never tried. 
The only variant I know about labels is to display icons without labels by making transparent the PNG files of the fonts. 

I need black Font :|