[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

Anyone wanting to boot an existing Big Sur install with Clover can do it now. Necessary files have been published and it got a little easier: https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/forum/thread/49311-macos-11-bigsur-dev-beta-clover-patch/?postID=619527#post619527

• Make sure you have Big Sur already installed on your drive (Installer not working yet!)
  • Use the Clover build attached to the post linked above
  • Paste the kernel patches inside your config.plist
  • Use latest OcQuirks, otherwise it won't boot

If you don't know how to use that stuff, it isn't for you.

Edited by CMMChris
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Manas Malla said:

Now I am trying the VM method for installing Big Sur to a physical SSD, I have been able to reach till "less than one min remaining" and it stops there. it has been 15min since it has shown the same! What should I do? 

wait, it will finish

2 hours ago, pico joe said:

I’m not sure but this what I do in BigSur Hackie to activated atheros40

csr-active-config : 77080000

1. run script (thanks to jackluke) BigSur prelinkedkernel fix2.command  --> reboot

2. run kext-droplet (thanks to chris1111) drag n drop IO80211Family.kext  —> reboot

3. open terminal

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext

sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext

sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext

and bump .. wifi ON

Hi, can you share your IO8021Familly, mine don't have AirPortAtheros40 in content/plugins, so I put it manually but it don't found it when sudo kextLoad at the end.

/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) dependency resolution failure; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

Thanks !

Edited by Fantomac
past terminal error

1 hour ago, CMMChris said:

Anyone wanting to boot an existing Big Sur install with Clover can do it now. Necessary files have been published and it got a little easier: https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/forum/thread/49311-macos-11-bigsur-dev-beta-clover-patch/?postID=619527#post619527

• Make sure you have Big Sur already installed on your drive (Installer not working yet!)
  • Use the Clover build attached to the post linked above
  • Paste the kernel patches inside your config.plist
  • Use latest OcQuirks, otherwise it won't boot

If you don't know how to use that stuff, it isn't for you.

Works! I started big su-ppositor with Clover :thumbsup_anim:

PS: my hack Z370

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, CMMChris said:

Use the Clover build attached to the post linked above

Yeah, now it boots using both opencore and clover (had to make some changes to OcQuirks.plist, or else it was stuck at +++ for any macOS version)

But I'm still getting black screen on internal display for HD630, unless I disable acceleration

Edited by DMMA

1 hour ago, DMMA said:

Yeah, now it boots using both opencore and clover (had to make some changes to OcQuirks.plist, or else it was stuck at +++ for any macOS version)

But I'm still getting black screen on internal display for HD630, unless I disable acceleration

I'm having the same problem trying to boot BigSur with clover.. what changes did you make? @DMMA

Cheers,

D.

Hi all,

In macOS Big Sur i lost HEVC, and lost the possibility of playing Netflix in Safari, Edge and firefox, how can I solve this?

Thanks

Captura de ecrã 2020-07-02, às 23.50.40.png

Edited by MorenoAv

9 hours ago, DMMA said:

got Big Sur running on XPS 9560, but internal display is not recognized

Finally got internal display recognized on HD630 using platform-id 0x591e0001

I can even see backlight changes when changing brightness or resolution but screen is still always black

Just now, tore2003 said:

I’m sorry, where should I put the OcQuirks.plist in Clover? How do I paste the kernel patches into the confit.plist?

in the drivers folder with both .efi's