Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, meaganmargaret said:

So, I re-compiled and this time I installed the debug version on an SSD, at first I thought I was going to experience the same issue, but then the menu showed up.  I think the issue was that the debug version is much slower due to all the extra work it is doing.

But I'm not sure about that - that's just conjecture on my part.

It seems the newly submitted version fixes this DEBUG issue...

There you go..Still working on my background color but getting there;

I present you OpenCore in Technicolor :hysterical: ( @N.D.K ; You rock !!  )

1811861007_ScreenShot2020-02-02at11_23_48PM.thumb.png.d1ab42888716c44ccc128f81250aa211.png

230073707_ScreenShot2020-02-02at11_24_02PM.thumb.png.db52f9220807225d4a476d6c1bd484cc.png

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, btwise said:

You can use colored icons, and redraw the effect!

OCUI.jpg

IMG_20200203_141630R.jpg

Great :)

I don't have a high resolution (1920x1080) only VGA (1024x768) despite of Resolution=1920x1080 and ConsoleMode=Blank in config.plist.

How to do! Tell me please.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Great :)

I don't have a high resolution (1920x1080) only VGA (1024x768) despite of Resolution=1920x1080 and ConsoleMode=Blank in config.plist.

How to do! Tell me please.

What problem are you now, what kind of effect, send screenshot to see!

I don't think 1024x768 is the right low resolution for a MAC OS!

51 minutes ago, btwise said:

What problem are you now, what kind of effect, send screenshot to see!

I don't think 1024x768 is the right low resolution for a MAC OS!

Thanks. I don't talk about macOS, but only NDK Opencore Picker. The icons are too big and display in low resolution. (Aorus Master config + 27" monitor 1920x1080).

Take a look at the screenshot

1.jpg

Edited by Matgen84

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

谢谢。我不是在谈论macOS,而是在谈论NDK Opencore Picker。图标太大,以低分辨率显示。(Aorus主配置+ 27英寸监视器1920x1080)。

看一下屏幕截图

1.jpg

check CSM option in BIOS,enable or disable it!

On 2/2/2020 at 10:56 AM, n.d.k said:

Try Misc->Boot->ConsoleMode = Blank and Resolution = Max

Resolution are still low for bootpicker. I have this problem even in text bootpicker before icons version appeared. Strange. In official OpenCore fork its ok (text version).

5 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks. I don't talk about macOS, but only NDK Opencore Picker. The icons are too big and display in low resolution. (Aorus Master config + 27" monitor 1920x1080).

1.jpg

Same problem here.

• Sad 1

Thanks NDK, I'm enjoying your work.

I added color icons, adjusted to 256 size and set mIconSpaceSize to 272 (as commented in OcSimpleBootMenu.c). These icons duplicate the same names you have in the B&W icon folder, and they seem to be working well except for one problem.

A thick bar appears about the right and bottom sides of the first selected icon. If I move the selection 2 places to the right, I see what's shown in the attached image.

If I next press the space bar, the newly selected icon gets the thick right/bottom bars while the initial selection has the thick bar removed (cleared).

When I use your original sized icons at 128 (mIconSpaceSize = 136), I don't see the thick bars. Is this a re-size bug?

IMG_2185.jpg

2 hours ago, iGPU said:

Thanks NDK, I'm enjoying your work.

I added color icons, adjusted to 256 size and set mIconSpaceSize to 272 (as commented in OcSimpleBootMenu.c). These icons duplicate the same names you have in the B&W icon folder, and they seem to be working well except for one problem.

A thick bar appears about the right and bottom sides of the first selected icon. If I move the selection 2 places to the right, I see what's shown in the attached image.

If I next press the space bar, the newly selected icon gets the thick right/bottom bars while the initial selection has the thick bar removed (cleared).

When I use your original sized icons at 128 (mIconSpaceSize = 136), I don't see the thick bars. Is this a re-size bug?

IMG_2185.jpg

Oh that comment for me, high resolution icons may be used in the future. For now only 128x128 icons...no more no less 

Auto scaling icons is just added, there are 1 scaling for screen resolution below 800pixel height and 1 scaling for 4k screen plus. So Icons size should look ok across.

Edited by n.d.k

20 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

1.jpg

It should be small now, and don't set any console mode, just resolution, no console control either.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

It should be small now, and don't set any console mode, just resolution, no console control either.

I make a try by re-compiling NDK-OC:

• Big icons ----> SOLVED
  • Low Resolution ---> NOT SOLVED (Icons + Text under icons)
  • distortion of icons: oval instead of round

I can't send you a screenshot because there isn't daylight (the flash cancels the colors). 

In attachment my config.plist if I've made a mistake!

config.plist

Edited by Matgen84

53 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I make a try by re-compiling NDK-OC:

• Big icons ----> SOLVED
  • Low Resolution ---> NOT SOLVED (Icons + Text under icons)
  • distortion of icons: oval instead of round

I can't send you a screenshot because there isn't daylight (the flash cancels the colors). 

In attachment my config.plist if I've made a mistake!

config.plist

If you got a chance, let me see the debug boot log...it should say something about resolution mode found on your system, and try change Uefi->Protocol->ConsoleControl to NO, you have it on YES

Edited by n.d.k

45 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

If you got a chance, let me see the debug boot log...it should say something about resolution mode found on your system, and try change Uefi->Protocol->ConsoleControl to NO, you have it on YES

Thanks.

How to activate debug boot mode and how to find the file. Please.

4 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks.

How to activate debug boot mode and how to find the file. Please.

Compile the Debug version of OC and make sure in your config/Misc/Debug your target is 67.

Log file will be in your EFI upon reboot.