Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, btwise said:

Is it possible to display other language characters (such as Chinese) on the boot menu interface?

To add multi languages support required a lots of changes. Sorry, it's not in my interest.

Edited by n.d.k

15 hours ago, n.d.k said:

To add multi languages support required a lots of changes. Sorry, it's not in my interest.

Understood! can you  add a splash to your mod boot loader, you can pause to indicate the BOOT loader type of the system!

Ok, I am done with making changes.  As of now, all the changes are tested and worked the way they should.  I will not invest any more time in it, only maintain the fork to keep it update with changes from OC from now on.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, n.d.k said:

好的,我完成了更改。截至目前,所有更改均按应有的方式进行了测试和工作。从现在开始,我不会再花时间在上面,只维护分叉以保持它随着OC的更新而更新。

What a shame! I was hoping you'd have more new features.

You're a very thoughtful developer!

@N-D-K This  is great  what u did for opencore I love this but one thing I still can't figure out is how to get opencore to boot my WINDOWS 10 which is on a separate drive.I  was wondering if you could help me to get it to work please and thanks

Edited by galisrule
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, galisrule said:

@N-D-K This  is great  what u did for opencore I love this but one thing I still can't figure out is how to get opencore to boot my WINDOWS 10 which is on a separate drive.I  was wondering if you could help me to get it to work please and thanks

Scan Policy setting would allow you to get Windows 10 detected, set it to 0 to allow all to be scanned. Or you can manually add custom boot entry for Windows.  DevicePath required for custom entry can be found in OC Debug log or Clover boot log.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cass67 said:

Maybe a stupid question but ill ask it anyway .. Does this modded OC version have the same config.plist fields as the stock OC bootloader or have there been additions or modifications?

Cheers

Only these 2 additional boolean fields below were added:

ACPI->Quirks->EnableForAll

Misc->Entries->Item 0->Hidden

On 1/20/2020 at 9:02 PM, n.d.k said:

Ok, I am done with making changes.  As of now, all the changes are tested and worked the way they should.  I will not invest any more time in it, only maintain the fork to keep it update with changes from OC from now on.

That would be a shame.

You are doing a really briliant job.

I hope to reconsider and keep on.

There are still changes to be done , like option to select from a list of config.plists and the ability to block a kext from loading, for example.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matgeo said:

That would be a shame.

You are doing a really briliant job.

I hope to reconsider and keep on.

There are still changes to be done , like option to select from a list of config.plists and the ability to block a kext from loading, for example.

Maybe we need more people encouraging N.D.K's work. I'd opt for a better/simpler option to boot entry with verbose from the picker. That PollAppleHotKeys quirk is a pain in the...

2019-10-07.gif

Edited by Ellybz

1 hour ago, galisrule said:

@N-D-K Yes windows boot perfect with clover smooth and fast

You can try copy the Windows DevicePath from Clover boot log, add a custom entry in OC config.plist with that DevicePath (don't forget to reverse the slash), and boot it from that custom entry.

Hi NDK

It is great to see some changes to the way the open core works..a few questions,

1) Can you please give a step by step instruction to how to compile your fork as I am getting errors(I am able to download precompiled version through kext updater tool). the issue I am also facing is the screen brightness. Mine is Full HD screen and I have two but on both this colour seems dull. otherwise can you keep white as default colour?

2) Is there a way to avoid boot picker menu like in clover? where the system boots directly to macOS

3) is it possible to add GUI based boot menu like bootcamp version or any skin rather than MS DOS mode?

Thank you,

Edited by mathew2019
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 10:10 AM, Ellybz said:

RELOADED...:hysterical:

2020-01-17.thumb.jpg.153c91a2fe873e5860e7b1508028df73.jpg

I couldn't set this color please tell me 

where you changed into OpenCorePkg/edk2/OcSupportPkg/Library/OcBootManagementLib/OcSimpleBootMenu.c

please point out whichone number did you changed with EFI_GREEN

I attached screenshot boot menu which i 20200127_231859.thumb.jpg.56127ce88ae20a8373aa4354b221a7dd.jpgcreated

35 minutes ago, Ellybz said:

@anmool

See file attached for the Matrix feel.. :D

Lines 54/203/220/241/248/265/270/303/403

OcSimpleBootMenu.c

thanks man for giving path    got it

On 1/23/2020 at 1:38 AM, n.d.k said:

@N-D-K

thanks N-D-K I appreciate your work 

good job 

I like your EnableForAll option feature 

this feature saved my windows 10

First of all thank you for this fork because now I can boot both windows and macOS with OpenCore without ACPI patching issues. 

I have two issues: the first is related to the contrast and brightness of the menu but I've already found how to fix this in the previous posts. The second issue is that I don't see every boot options I had in OpenCore I just see Windows 10, Linux, Mac. I can't see reset NVRAM and other .efi tools that there are in my Tools folder. Thank you.

EDIT: forgot to say that I set AllowNvramReset to True in config.plist but nothing changed

Edited by talebabatto

3 hours ago, talebabatto said:

First of all thank you for this fork because now I can boot both windows and macOS with OpenCore without ACPI patching issues. 

I have two issues: the first is related to the contrast and brightness of the menu but I've already found how to fix this in the previous posts. The second issue is that I don't see every boot options I had in OpenCore I just see Windows 10, Linux, Mac. I can't see reset NVRAM and other .efi tools that there are in my Tools folder. Thank you.

EDIT: forgot to say that I set AllowNvramReset to True in config.plist but nothing changed

You need to press spacebar to see all hidden boot options, EFI, tools, hidden entries. ( It is explained in the first page of this thread )

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 1