Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

You like to make me work?...hmm

Sorry friend, Moving backward is not my style. If I have time, i will make some adjustment to the current GUI boot picker and turn it into external GUI module for those who use the standard OC.

sorry,Turn the current GUI boot picker into a standard OC external GUI,This is what i mean!You are really great!You are a genius!

1 hour ago, btwise said:

Dear friend, we need a lot of face masks here to prevent NCP virus. Can you donate some?

Come on China, come on Wuhan!

OpenCore-0.5.6-RELEASE.zip

Dear friend, I made a donation to the Institut Pasteur for the development of a vaccine on 2019-nCoV. I did the same for an association which has just sent masks to Wenzhou.

Thanks for your NDK-OC :)

8 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Dear friend, I made a donation to the Institut Pasteur for the development of a vaccine on 2019-nCoV. I did the same for an association which has just sent masks to Wenzhou.

Thanks for your NDK-OC :)

Thank you for your contribution to our country, but I still can’t buy enough masks for myself and my family, so I can only sit at home and study the Hackintosh!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, btwise said:

Thank you for your contribution to our country, but I still can’t buy enough masks for myself and my family, so I can only sit at home and study the Hackintosh!

It's normal my friend. Keep courage.

Can you post your config.plist, please? I don't find it in your EFI folder.

What is your config.

4 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

It's normal my friend. Keep courage.

Can you post your config.plist, please? I don't find it in your EFI folder.

What is your config.

The attachment I sent is the compiled standard structure. Sample.plist is available in the DOC folder for reference!

My laptop is HP Elitebook 840 G3

My configuration is I7-6700U,8G MEM,THSHIBA NVME SSD,Intel HD 520,2K screen!

You can download my configuration file in my github repository!

• Thanks 1

Hmm, when I upgrade opencore from 0.5.5 to 0.5.6 I lost apple logo and progres bar in booting process - I study new config.plist but I don't understand change behaviour picker now.

If use HidePicker  "YES" - no apple logo and progress bar, if use HidePicker "NO" shows boot menu from my computer, not OC ??

Please share working new config.plist to understand changes in appears behaviour picker now.

8 hours ago, CobraKai said:

Hmm, when I upgrade opencore from 0.5.5 to 0.5.6 I lost apple logo and progres bar in booting process - I study new config.plist but I don't understand change behaviour picker now.

If use HidePicker  "YES" - no apple logo and progress bar, if use HidePicker "NO" shows boot menu from my computer, not OC ??

Please share working new config.plist to understand changes in appears behaviour picker now.

There's only the "show picker" option, not the "hidepicker" option

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CobraKai said:

why "share" ? Switch on your brain . compare older config.plist to lastest and you'll see there are many differences. You have to fix them, then it works.

It's not an issue of ndk's fork but the development of OC is still beta. Stay on a released version (0.5.5) and live in piece..

What's the best way to assign the icon to an entry? Like my Macintosh HD shows up fine but the icon will be the same as unknown, is it something that can be done in the entries part or depends on the hard drive name?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, cpla said:

What's the best way to assign the icon to an entry? Like my Macintosh HD shows up fine but the icon will be the same as unknown, is it something that can be done in the entries part or depends on the hard drive name?

Thanks!

The icon depends on the volume label name

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2020 at 12:41 PM, anmool said:

please provide me this stunning nice background and icon color

This particular background is not possible yet ( It was a Photoshop example  );  I changed the color of my Icons to the night blue background below.  Attached is my particular EFI  with these colors ( built yesterday ) Without config, kext or ACPI patches. Enjoy. 

EFI.zip

ScreenShot-2020-02-12-043459.png

Edited by Ellybz
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Ellybz said:

This particular background is not possible yet ( It was a Photoshop example  );  I changed the color of my Icons to the night blue background below.  Attached is my particular EFI  with these colors ( built yesterday ) Without config, kext or ACPI patches. Enjoy. 

EFI.zip

ScreenShot-2020-02-12-043459.png

Do you mean to achieve the style of PS example? I can help you achieve it, do you need it?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, btwise said:

Do you mean to achieve the style of PS example? I can help you achieve it, do you need it?

I don't want to deviate the customizations from the options that  @n.d.k is giving us. That's his fork and I'd rather let him decide what he wants to do with it. Thanks for the offer though :)

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ellybz said:

I don't want to deviate the customizations from the options that  @n.d.k is giving us. That's his fork and I'd rather let him decide what he wants to do with it. Thanks for the offer though :)

No deviation!Just modify the background color value in the source code, put it in your icon file, and then recompile!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, btwise said:

No deviation!Just modify the background color value in the source code, put it in your icon file, and then recompile!

Thanks again for your EFI folder :) Can you share your OcSettingsMenu file? I don't know how to modify the background color: I prefer your Gray Background. Please.

• Like 1