Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I means how to change default background and selector :hysterical:  or maybe it's a concept GUI :whistle:

This requires you to modify the C code yourself, then compile it, and the icon has to be found or drawn by yourself!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, btwise said:

how to disable PrintOCVersion?Your updated code will display REL-2020-2 in the lower right corner by default!Just press the space bar when the display is very good effect

Please recompile, it's fixed now.

Edited by n.d.k

2 hours ago, btwise said:

This requires you to modify the C code yourself, then compile it, and the icon has to be found or drawn by yourself!

I don't know the C code language. :cry:   But I can made my icons, selector and background

Is any tip for hide wrong/faulty boot entry ?

In my case is System bot entry but is empty - look in debug log:

273:709 01:241 Scanning got 6 entries
274:951 01:242 Trying to get label from \EFI\BOOT\.contentDetails
276:200 01:248 Trying to get label from \EFI\BOOT\.disk_label.contentDetails
277:450 01:250 Trying to detect Microsoft BCD
278:699 01:249 Entry 2 is System at \EFI\BOOT\ (T:0|F:0)
279:955 01:255 Entry 2 is System at dp PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1D,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/NVMe(0x1,F3-10-B1-71-5A-38-25-00)/HD(6,GPT,9EFF751B-05EA-42E4-AB92-23B514BD7535,0x1CE01000,0x100000)/\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI
281:222 01:266 Trying to get label from \System\Library\CoreServices\.contentDetails
282:465 01:242 Trying to get label from \System\Library\CoreServices\.disk_label.contentDetails
283:706 01:241 Entry 3 is macOS Base System at \System\Library\CoreServices\ (T:1|F:0)
284:949 01:243 Entry 3 is macOS Base System at dp PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/USB(0x3,0x0)/HD(2,MBR,0x5DA422DA,0x64800,0x1D6C800)/\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

.....etc
 If I press it, notting happend - black screen and I must reset computer.

IMG_0088.jpeg

37 minutes ago, CobraKai said:

Is any tip for hide wrong/faulty boot entry ?

In my case is System bot entry but is empty - look in debug log:

273:709 01:241 Scanning got 6 entries
274:951 01:242 Trying to get label from \EFI\BOOT\.contentDetails
276:200 01:248 Trying to get label from \EFI\BOOT\.disk_label.contentDetails
277:450 01:250 Trying to detect Microsoft BCD
278:699 01:249 Entry 2 is System at \EFI\BOOT\ (T:0|F:0)
279:955 01:255 Entry 2 is System at dp PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1D,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/NVMe(0x1,F3-10-B1-71-5A-38-25-00)/HD(6,GPT,9EFF751B-05EA-42E4-AB92-23B514BD7535,0x1CE01000,0x100000)/\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI
281:222 01:266 Trying to get label from \System\Library\CoreServices\.contentDetails
282:465 01:242 Trying to get label from \System\Library\CoreServices\.disk_label.contentDetails
283:706 01:241 Entry 3 is macOS Base System at \System\Library\CoreServices\ (T:1|F:0)
284:949 01:243 Entry 3 is macOS Base System at dp PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/USB(0x3,0x0)/HD(2,MBR,0x5DA422DA,0x64800,0x1D6C800)/\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

.....etc
 If I press it, notting happend - black screen and I must reset computer.

IMG_0088.jpeg

When you press System, you try to boot on EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64 instead of macOS 

@n.d.k

If I'm not mistaken, there's a little bug that needs some TLC.  I did a security update on Mojave and upon reboot it appeared as a 2nd Recovery option and not as Mac OS Install. I verified it by booting Clover and the Official release of OC. ( Both showed the MacOS Install ). 

Edited by Ellybz

@ndk

I've recommended your version to many people, but recently some people have reported using a new version with a Gui The auto default function is invalid , and the last startup entry isn't remembered in the menu list, but I have been updating myself and haven't found this problem, is there anything wrong with it?

1 hour ago, btwise said:

@ndk

I've recommended your version to many people, but recently some people have reported using a new version with a Gui The auto default function is invalid , and the last startup entry isn't remembered in the menu list, but I have been updating myself and haven't found this problem, is there anything wrong with it?

I just checked, everything works properly on my system. If "AllowSetDefault" is set to false, Last boot entry is remembered; if it is set to true, the startup disk chosen in the system preferences is picked. Last update of OC was done yesterday.

Edited by Ellybz

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

When you press System, you try to boot on EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64 instead of macOS 

So this is wrong behaviour - OC boot OC ??

This is nonsense _ and not work.

How hide this entry ?

It is possible ?

Why no one have this entry in boot menu, only me ?

Edited by CobraKai

6 hours ago, CobraKai said:

So this is wrong behaviour - OC boot OC ??

This is nonsense _ and not work.

How hide this entry ?

It is possible ?

Why no one have this entry in boot menu, only me ?

Set HideSelf to TRUE?

Edited by n.d.k
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ellybz said:

@n.d.k

If I'm not mistaken, there's a little bug that needs some TLC.  I did a security update on Mojave and upon reboot it appeared as a 2nd Recovery option and not as Mac OS Install. I verified it by booting Clover and the Official release of OC. ( Both showed the MacOS Install ). 

I am sure I haven't touched the Oc auto scanner code, whatever it found it's what i used, and I didn't change any name regarding recovery at all. It shouldn't be any different regarding recovery entry name between this fork and official.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, n.d.k said:

I am sure I haven't touched the Oc auto scanner code, whatever it found it's what i used, and I didn't change any name regarding recovery at all. It shouldn't be any different regarding recovery entry name between this fork and official.

I reproduced the error during ( this time ) the update to Catalina 10.15.3. the error does not pertain to recovery but the lack of MacOs Install. i had to reboot several times before starting the install to verify. Same 2 OC version releases ( Official + NDK ) from yesterday with each EFIs on separate drives.  Mac OS install appear on the Official release of OC ( & Clover ) but not on yours. Only differences in configs are hidden entries & ACPI quirk. I think the second icon of recovery is from the Catalina Mac OS installer  but the option for the actual installer is missing. Can anyone else confirm this bug? Thank you.
AllowSetDefault is set to false ( Last entry remembered ).

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 9.44.05 PM.png

Edited by Ellybz
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ellybz said:

I reproduced the error during ( this time ) the update to Catalina 10.15.3. the error does not pertain to recovery but the lack of MacOs Install. i had to reboot several times before starting the install to verify. Same 2 OC version releases ( Official + NDK ) from yesterday with each EFIs on separate drives.  Mac OS install appear on the Official release of OC ( & Clover ) but not on yours. Only differences in configs are hidden entries & ACPI quirk. I think the second icon of recovery is from the Catalina Mac OS installer  but the option for the actual installer is missing. Can anyone else confirm this bug? Thank you.
AllowSetDefault is set to false ( Last entry remembered ).

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 9.44.05 PM.png

Anyone who have a custom entry set for macOS, disable that custom entry before running the update then macOS Installer would show up instead Custom entry name.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, n.d.k said:

Anyone who have a custom entry set for macOS, disable that custom entry before running the update then macOS Installer would show up instead Custom entry name.

How about add below code to the selection list inside OcSimpleBootMenu? You'd need to add one more icon named "os_installer.icns" to the icon folder. (Would this be best under "case OcBootApple:", or under "case OcBootCustom:" ?)

(For my own use, I've added extra code in this same section to better distinguish OS on NVMe vs SATA drives as the SATA drives contain my backup copies; one just has to be careful in how one names the actual drives, like "CaBkUp" or "MoBkUp" in accordance with how the search is implemented.)

} else if (StrStr (Name, L"Installer") != NULL) {
        FilePath = L"EFI\\OC\\Icons\\os_installer.icns";

Edited by iGPU
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CobraKai said:

Yes.

Look for my boot menu ( after press  ESC button ) see att.

This is not normal behaviour.

BTW This is results boot process from my nvme disk, not usb stick.

It is normal for mis-configured system.   Please, if you really need help, at least post your log and config.plist, so others can point you to the right direction, and update your system profile, so people know what system you have.  Don't just post some random comment and expect other to help. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iGPU said:

How about add below code to the selection list inside OcSimpleBootMenu? You'd need to add one more icon named "os_installer.icns" to the icon folder. (Would this be best under "case OcBootApple:", or under "case OcBootCustom:" ?)

(For my own use, I've added extra code in this same section to better distinguish OS on NVMe vs SATA drives as the SATA drives contain my backup copies; one just has to be careful in how one names the actual drives, like "CaBkUp" or "MoBkUp" in accordance with how the search is implemented.)

} else if (StrStr (Name, L"Installer") != NULL) {
        FilePath = L"EFI\\OC\\Icons\\os_installer.icns";

I got my hand full with other stuffs, these are low priority. I am sure the whole GUI boot picker are wrapped up in that one single file pretty simple enough, if someone want to add something useful, feel free to post and I will not ignore suggestion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, n.d.k said:

It is normal for mis-configured system.   Please, if you really need help, at least post your log and config.plist, so others can point you to the right direction, and update your system profile, so people know what system you have.  Don't just post some random comment and expect other to help. 

Sorry, you right.

See my config.plist and log (debug version can't boot to end), is stopping, so my log isn't completly.

config.plist

opencore-2020-02-06-221318.txt

2 hours ago, CobraKai said:

Sorry, you right.

See my config.plist and log (debug version can't boot to end), is stopping, so my log isn't completly.

config.plist

opencore-2020-02-06-221318.txt

You have ScanPolicy set to 0, set it to default value from sample.plist will make it go away.  And your config.plist is not up to date, check your sample config.plist and compared.

Edited by n.d.k
  • Like 1