Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Try Misc->Boot->ConsoleMode = Blank and Resolution = Max

Not working for my 27" 1920x1080.

About my keyboard issue, what do you think, please (see my previous post). 

Input---> SOLVED by Input section in config.plist

Always bad resolution for Picker and Icons :cry:

25 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Input---> SOLVED by Input section in config.plist

Always bad resolution for Picker and Icons :cry:

Think it depends on the GPU i have had issues with my Vega 64 displaying correctly, but on the RX580 works fine. must be related to the GOP EFI Driver.

Perfect!

sdf.jpg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MacPato™ said:

Think it depends on the GPU i have had issues with my Vega 64 displaying correctly, but on the RX580 works fine. must be related to the GOP EFI Driver.

Perfect!

I use RX580 on Z390 Aorus Master. The icons seems only too big and low resolution for my monitor 1920*1080

14 minutes ago, btwise said:

是否可以根据分辨率自动缩放图标,和图标应使用自动适应背景颜色的标准,而不是在背景颜色更改时更改图标的背景颜色

IMG_20200202_214450R.jpg

This is a first commit made by NDK to get GUI. Some progress will coming soon, I think.

Please, use english language to post your comment in this topic! :)

4 hours ago, btwise said:

Is it possible to reserve some switches to allow users to control whether the DATETIME, VERSION and AUTODEFAULT are displayed?Sometimes these contents are better if they are not displayed!

New Commit.

Ok, those now are not seen by default, turn it back on set the switch below to FALSE;

STATIC

BOOLEAN

mHidePrintText = TRUE;

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

New Commit.

Ok, those now are not seen by default, turn it back on set the switch below to FALSE;

STATIC

BOOLEAN

mHidePrintText = TRUE;

Where is the file to edit this switch, please.

I used to be able to compile using GCC5, lately it errors out

/Users/stlvnub/OpenCorePkg/edk2/OcSupportPkg/Library/OcBootManagementLib/OcSimpleBootMenu.c:1150:26: error: variable 'Height' set but not used [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]
 1150 |   UINT16                 Height;
      |                          ^~~~~~
/Users/stlvnub/OpenCorePkg/edk2/OcSupportPkg/Library/OcBootManagementLib/OcSimpleBootMenu.c:1146:26: error: variable 'IsTwoRow' set but not used [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]
 1146 |   BOOLEAN                IsTwoRow;
      |                          ^~~~~~~~
/Users/stlvnub/OpenCorePkg/edk2/OcSupportPkg/Library/OcBootManagementLib/OcSimpleBootMenu.c: In function 'OcShowSimpleBootMenu':
/Users/stlvnub/OpenCorePkg/edk2/OcSupportPkg/Library/OcBootManagementLib/OcSimpleBootMenu.c:1635:18: error: operation on 'Selected' may be undefined [-Werror=sequence-point]
 1635 |         Selected = Selected > 0 ? --Selected : VisibleIndex - 1;
      |         ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/stlvnub/OpenCorePkg/edk2/OcSupportPkg/Library/OcBootManagementLib/OcSimpleBootMenu.c:1647:18: error: operation on 'Selected' may be undefined [-Werror=sequence-point]
 1647 |         Selected = Selected < (VisibleIndex - 1) ? ++Selected : 0;
      |         ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [/Users/stlvnub/OpenCorePkg/edk2/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_GCC5/X64/OcSupportPkg/Library/OcBootManagementLib/OcBootManagementLib/OUTPUT/OcSimpleBootMenu.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/stlvnub/OpenCorePkg/edk2/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_GCC5/X64/OcSupportPkg/Library/OcBootManagementLib/OcBootManagementLib]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/stlvnub/OpenCorePkg/edk2/OcSupportPkg/Library/OcBootManagementLib/OcBootManagementLib.inf [X64, GCC5, DEBUG]

- Failed -
Build end time: 01:48:46, Feb.03 2020
Build total time: 00:00:12

Geoffs-iMac:~ stlvnub$ 

Edited by STLVNUB

28 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

New Commit.

STATIC

BOOLEAN

mHidePrintText = TRUE;

Oh, I just added an integer variable

int ndk = 0;

if (ndk == 0) {

printxxx();

printyyy();

pringzzz();

}

"draw the tiger of the cat ."

1 hour ago, btwise said:

You can also add hotkeys, for example by pressing the space bar to toggle display or not, instead of compiling repeatedly!

You can also add an option to config.plist to switch between TEXT MENU and Graphics Menus

IMG_20200202_230541R.jpg

How do you installed Windows to the Bootcamp partition as when ever I try to install Windows through BootCamp assistant it always Delete by BOOT folder in EFI partition and making system non bootable.

Thank you,

14 minutes ago, mathew2019 said:

How do you installed Windows to the Bootcamp partition as when ever I try to install Windows through BootCamp assistant it always Delete by BOOT folder in EFI partition and making system non bootable.

Thank you,

I just want to say, why install WINDOWS with bootcamp, BOOT into WINDOWS PE with USB, install WINDOWS use ISO image files with winntsetup.exe, it's a PC, it's not a Mac, there's no need to use it as a Mac, Mac and WINDOWS are separate, don't bundle them together,you see?

Edited by btwise

3 minutes ago, btwise said:

I just want to say, why install WINDOWS with bootcamp, BOOT into WINDOWS PE with USB, install WINDOWS use ISO image files with winntsetup.exe, it's a PC, it's not a Mac, there's no need to use it as a Mac, Mac and WINDOWS are separate, don't bundle them together,you see?

I agree but how do install it on a single disk or partition it the maOS disk? 

1 minute ago, mathew2019 said:

I agree but how do install it on a single disk or partition it the maOS disk? 

A single hard drive? Is it empty? If it's an empty hard drive, you can install windows on a regular partition, or if you've already installed MACOS on a hard drive, you can carve out some of the free space in the MACOS disk manager that is not an APFS container and install windows on it!

5 hours ago, CobraKai said:

Latest version with building icons support not work for me: I got black screen, only text in the corners appears :(.

Of course I copy icons folders in OC folder.

No changes in config.plist file - but no icons...

Please try again, should be Ok now!

4 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

I used to be able to compile using GCC5, lately it errors out

Try again, new commit should fix the error. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

Please try again, should be Ok now!

Try again, new commit should fix the error. 

Still no go

25 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

So, NDK:

Love the icons, but I just compiled (10 minutes ago), and with the Debug version of Opencore.efi, no menu.  With the release version of Opencore.efi, I get a menu, and everything works.

Here's a shot of my MISC config, just in case there's something there that seems wrong to you.  Problem being, of course, that the release version of opencore.efi works just fine with the very same files, config.plist, etc that the debug version won't.......

Here's a bootlog of the failed boot using the debug version of opencore.efi.   The bootlog version of the released version is just three lines and doesn't give any useful info, not really.....

Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 1.58.22 PM.png

opencore-2020-02-02-215046.txt

Did you use ndk-macbuild.tool or some other script?  remove the OpenCorePkg/edk2/Build/OpenCorePkg folder and compile again to get a fresh build debug version, why you have those forcetext and forcegraphic there?  leave it blank should be fine.

Edited by n.d.k

1 hour ago, n.d.k said:

Did you use ndk-macbuild.tool or some other script?  remove the OpenCorePkg/edk2/Build/OpenCorePkg folder and compile again to get a fresh build debug version, why you have those forcetext and forcegraphic there?  leave it blank should be fine.

ConsoleBehaviourOS does not need to be in there twice either

10 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

Yes, by the way, I did use ndk-macbuild.tool to compile and build it.

But I have no problem downloading the latest version from Github again and re-compiling. 

I will also try blanking the ForceText and ForceGraphics.   It's just odd that the release version works and the debug version does not....

Thanks.

This is the phenomenon! Using debug version can produce log file, but can not display icon menu, also can not automatically enter the system, please ndk check the repair!