Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Awesome Donkey said:

Thanks guys, I was able to perfect my theme. And Arch Linux's icon works now, groovy, good work!

P.S. The only other popular OSes that could use icon support that I can think of would be Linux Mint and Manjaro, which a lot of Clover themes already have icons for.

OpenCoreImproved.thumb.png.0fc61845d39fa370b24189e1ec257b01.png

OpenCoreImproved2.thumb.png.29fd2a7393f94b6c828d71e76724e977.png

Mate that to me looks just awesome and is the perfect dark theme In my opinion.
if you ever feel like sharing I would love a copy very much.  :angel_not:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Mate that to me looks just awesome and is the perfect dark theme In my opinion.
if you ever feel like sharing I would love a copy very much.  :angel_not:

Agree awesome theme, I think we all should scream SHARE, SHARE, SHARE to get our hands on it :hysterical:

40 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

Hi @n.d.k

I just found a little artifact in latest booPicker

when placing the mouse over

ScreenShot.thumb.png.f739118903c18db5a63f546cb188b684.png

You're missing  "pointeralt.png" in your Icons folder. That will do the trick ;)

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Latest sources assert when starting shell with debug build.

Problem doesn't occur with release build.

And a couple of more questions, if I may:

- Mouse pointer is broken on my firmware. Is there a way to hide the cursor from appearing?

- When using HideAuxiliary=true, Shell entry is being hidden even if its entry specifies Auxiliary=false. Is this intentional? 

Thanks.

Edited by Pene
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Awesome Donkey said:

Thanks guys, I was able to perfect my theme. And Arch Linux's icon works now, groovy, good work!

P.S. The only other popular OSes that could use icon support that I can think of would be Linux Mint and Manjaro, which a lot of Clover themes already have icons for.

OpenCoreImproved.thumb.png.0fc61845d39fa370b24189e1ec257b01.png

OpenCoreImproved2.thumb.png.29fd2a7393f94b6c828d71e76724e977.png

nice theme 

what font u use 

and how to scale icons smaller 

@n.d.k It seems I'm not able to make Windows partition (same NVME drive as the macOS partition) visible by the picker. Would you mind to take a look at my EFI folder?

I'm using your last release, with macOS Catalina 10.15.4.

My hardware:

ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac

Intel i7 8700

Samsung 970 Pro NVME

Integrated Intel UHD

Attached my EFI\OC folder.

TIA

OC.zip

I've adjusted/perfected my OpenCore theme (which uses icons from the BeautyX Clover theme, with a couple custom new icons created by me added) a little bit more but the changes are subtle, compare the previous screenshots to these to spot differences. Now I'd say this custom theme is more-or-less completely perfect. I'll also upload my Icons folder so anyone else can use it if they want.

OpenCoreImproved.thumb.png.4db7098909b1b24ba985a1275db8b068.png

OpenCoreImproved2.thumb.png.5296d920cf659edfce70b862953c70ec.png

Download:

OpenCoreTheme.zip

Edited by Awesome Donkey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Pene said:

Hi,

Latest sources assert when starting shell with debug build.

Problem doesn't occur with release build.

And a couple of more questions, if I may:

- Mouse pointer is broken on my firmware. Is there a way to hide the cursor from appearing?

- When using HideAuxiliary=true, Shell entry is being hidden even if its entry specifies Auxiliary=false. Is this intentional? 

Thanks.

I think one of the debug message wasn't properly coded.

I will make the mouse pointer only appear when there's movement signal, which indicated there's mouse connected.

All tools was originally default to be hidden, it was intentional as there weren't Auxiliary switch before.  It still carry the old behavior, maybe it's time to change it to follow the rule.

36 minutes ago, giacomoleopardo said:

It seems I'm not able to make Windows partition (same NVME drive as the macOS partition) visible by the picker. Would you mind to take a look at my

Your window custom entry seem to point OC itself "EFI\OC\BOOT\BOOTx64", it's wrong. It should be something like this at the end \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Awesome Donkey said:

I've adjusted/perfected my OpenCore theme (which uses icons from the BeautyX Clover theme, with a couple custom new icons created by me added) a little bit more but the changes are subtle, compare the previous screenshots to these to spot differences. Now I'd say this custom theme is more-or-less completely perfect. I'll also upload my Icons folder so anyone else can use it if they want.

Download:

OpenCoreTheme.zip

I made you a specific func_rest nvram icon, if you are interested.

Capture d’écran 2020-03-29 à 18.21.56.png

func_resetnvram.icns.zip

58 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I made you a specific func_rest nvram icon, if you are interested.

That's funny, you have impeccable timing because I was actually working on that (since I noticed I didn't change that one yet) and doing a little more tweaking. This *should* finally be perfect, so I think I'm done now. ;)

Download:

OpenCoreTheme.zip

OpenCoreImproved2.png

Edited by Awesome Donkey
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, n.d.k said:

I think one of the debug message wasn't properly coded.

I will make the mouse pointer only appear when there's movement signal, which indicated there's mouse connected.

All tools was originally default to be hidden, it was intentional as there weren't Auxiliary switch before.  It still carry the old behavior, maybe it's time to change it to follow the rule.

Great! Thanks for willing to address those. Your solutions to all issue sound great. 

As another note, when debugging the mouse problem on my system, I figured out that the issue was due to high mouse Resolution values, hence resulting 0 in some cases for the arithmetic order that is currently used. Please see my Clover commit about this. Could you apply the changes as well in OcSimpleBootMenu.c?

Also, for my system a much higher mPointerSpeed is needed - any chance you can make it configurable? It makes sense as different values may be needed for different hardware.

(My system requires both mentioned changes to have mouse usable: I tested them in your code as well, and as expected mouse started working).

Edited by Pene
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Pene said:

Great! Thanks for willing to address those. Your solutions to all issue sound great. 

As another note, when debugging the mouse problem on my system, I figured out that the issue was due to high mouse Resolution values, hence resulting 0 in some cases for the arithmetic order that is currently used. Please see my Clover commit about this. Could you apply the changes as well in OcSimpleBootMenu.c?

Also, for my system a much higher mPointerSpeed is needed - any chance you can make it configurable? It makes sense as different values may be needed for different hardware.

(My system requires both mentioned changes to have mouse usable: I tested them in your code as well, and as expected mouse started working).

Cool, i am glad you find a way to make the mouse work for you and thanks for the link, I will make the necessary change and the mPointerSpeed value can probably be configurable using NVRAM->Add in OC config.plist and I'll add a function to read it from NVRAM. 

PS.  @Pene, all the issues you mentioned has been addressed in latest commit and you can configure the pointer speed with Nvram->add.

1485416654_ScreenShot2020-03-29at8_26_38PM.png.98844f1f9da69afe37039e9efab0a47c.png

Edited by n.d.k
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, n.d.k said:

Cool, i am glad you find a way to make the mouse work for you and thanks for the link, I will make the necessary change and the mPointerSpeed value can probably be configurable using NVRAM->Add in OC config.plist and I'll add a function to read it from NVRAM. 

PS.  @Pene, all the issues you mentioned has been addressed in latest commit and you can configure the pointer speed with Nvram->add.

1485416654_ScreenShot2020-03-29at8_26_38PM.png.98844f1f9da69afe37039e9efab0a47c.png

@n.d.k Thanks. For PointerSpeed, I suppose that the value in sample.plist is the default value which works in most cases: Right! what are the other possible values?

24 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@n.d.k Thanks. For PointerSpeed, I suppose that the value in sample.plist is the default value which works in most cases: Right! what are the other possible values?

Yes, and increase or decrease 1 or 2 at the time, possible value is > 0, current default is 6 and work perfectly with magic mouse and most other mouse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, n.d.k said:

Thanks!

One small problem, you changed mPointerSpeed to UINT8, when in my case larger values are needed. Please change it to UINTN :)

After that change, all works great. Thanks!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @n.d.k

I build latest commit: now Shell Tools displays at startup beside os device in NDK-OC GUI. Is it normal?

ScreenShot-2020-03-30-095750.png

Set your shell tool as auxiliary to hide it by default.

1 hour ago, Pene said:

One small problem, you changed mPointerSpeed to UINT8, when in my case larger values are needed. Please change it to UINTN :)

After that change, all works great. Thanks!

I think that's UINT8 is the type OC use to add it to Nvram.

22 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

Set your shell tool as auxiliary to hide it by default.

Thanks.

Set Shell tool as auxiliary means to TRUE, I suppose.

I don't understand why this new setting for OpenShell. Clearnvram tool is setting to false, the icon don't appear at start. Tell me why. Please.

58 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks.

Set Shell tool as auxiliary means to TRUE, I suppose.

I don't understand why this new setting for OpenShell. Clearnvram tool is setting to false, the icon don't appear at start. Tell me why. Please.

You meant ResetNvram or CleanNvram?...it's different, one is tool one is not...