Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, btwise said:

What is the default font size you provide and how many pixels should be generated for a two-byte Chinese font?thanks!

Take the font.png width/16 and height/16, you get the pixel size of each char including the margin of 1px on each side. If you can figure out how to generate the chinese font.png, i can try to make it work for you.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

Take the font.png width/16 and height/16, you get the pixel size of each char including the margin of 1px on each side. If you can figure out how to generate the chinese font.png, i can try to make it work for you.

I created a font file with the createFont script, because it contains Chinese, so the size of the created image is 288x256, the font size is 10pt, the pixel is 18x16, how to adjust the size in your code, how to calculate "CHAR_WIDTH" and "emb_font_data" and "emb_font_data_size" in fontdata.h?

Latest commit has couple changes and required few more added icons, so check and update Icons folder accordingly.

- Added Restart  and Shutdown buttons in the bottom. (Tab to cycle through them if no mouse).

- All clickable icons are now recognized with a hand finger (lol) and activated with single left click. (Everything is single click now).

- Hold down command and left click macOS entry will boot with -v argument (verbose).

- Debian and Arch linux icons were added and will be recognized with Debian and Arch keywords in entry name.

ScreenShot-2020-03-27-211254.thumb.png.40708c5920e18d2b815470e35408948a.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

@ndk

Command +click's functionality is practical, and you can also add independent control of startup parameters, allowing the user to manually enter more startup parameters!

GUI interface suggested to add multi-screen display function!

@ndk

Using your 2 last commits make bootloader freeze if i try to move mouse.Restart and shutdown dot no appear on screen. Keyboard functionnality is ok if i do not touch mouse before. i use your icon set and a magic mouse. 

Edited by bayard

7 hours ago, n.d.k said:

Latest commit has couple changes and required few more added icons, so check and update Icons folder accordingly.

- Added Restart  and Shutdown buttons in the bottom. (Tab to cycle through them if no mouse).

- All clickable icons are now recognized with a hand finger (lol) and activated with single left click. (Everything is single click now).

- Hold down command and left click macOS entry will boot with -v argument (verbose).

- Debian and Arch linux icons were added and will be recognized with Debian and Arch keywords in entry name.

ScreenShot-2020-03-27-211254.thumb.png.40708c5920e18d2b815470e35408948a.png

@NDKthank you very much, it's great

37 minutes ago, bayard said:

@ndk

Using your 2 last commits make bootloader freeze if i try to move mouse.Restart and shutdown dot no appear on screen. Keyboard functionnality is ok if i do not touch mouse before. i use your icon set and a magic mouse. 

Ya, I am aware of this issue for NdkBootPicker.efi.  It's no issue for the forked one. I'll update with the fix soon.

3 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

Ya, I am aware of this issue for NdkBootPicker.efi.  It's no issue for the forked one. I'll update with the fix soon.

Yes, i was talking about NdkBootPicker.efi, sorry it was not clear.

17 hours ago, n.d.k said:

In my case, I have a custom entry called Arch Linux but the customized OC is still trying to use os_linux.icns and not os_arch.icns - perhaps it should try to match an icon with the first word (Arch in this case) or even both words together? Or maybe allow custom icons to be set in custom entries?

Right now the customized OpenCore is nearly perfect. The *only* thing I have on my wishlist would be to support .png files for icons (in addition to .icns icons) since editing .png files is much, MUCH easier than trying to edit a .icns icon (which to be honest I haven't been able to get working yet, every .icns icon I edit or try to create just appears black when trying to use it).

Great work!

2 hours ago, Awesome Donkey said:

The *only* thing I have on my wishlist would be to support .png files for icons (in addition to .icns icons) since ....

No Offense intended but... 

Your ava actually make sense ... :)

THe .icns files you see, are nothing more then .png renamed.

so to edit them (if you are a lazy guy) you simply open the file with Preview then save. It will revert to .png 

Otherwise just rename the icns to png and do whatever you like.

Edited by LAbyOne

4 hours ago, Awesome Donkey said:

In my case, I have a custom entry called Arch Linux but the customized OC is still trying to use os_linux.icns and not os_arch.icns - perhaps it should try to match an icon with the first word (Arch in this case) or even both words together? Or maybe allow custom icons to be set in custom entries?

Right now the customized OpenCore is nearly perfect. The *only* thing I have on my wishlist would be to support .png files for icons (in addition to .icns icons) since editing .png files is much, MUCH easier than trying to edit a .icns icon (which to be honest I haven't been able to get working yet, every .icns icon I edit or try to create just appears black when trying to use it).

Great work!

I just re-ordered the keywords Arch, it should match now. Like LAbyOne said, all icns files from this fork and Clover are actually png files rename icns.  Since Clover already have a large number of icons in their themes.  I just use icns ext. to make it easy for people to just grab icons from Clover's themes.

• Like 2

Thanks guys, I was able to perfect my theme. And Arch Linux's icon works now, groovy, good work!

P.S. The only other popular OSes that could use icon support that I can think of would be Linux Mint and Manjaro, which a lot of Clover themes already have icons for.

OpenCoreImproved.thumb.png.0fc61845d39fa370b24189e1ec257b01.png

OpenCoreImproved2.thumb.png.29fd2a7393f94b6c828d71e76724e977.png

• Like 3