Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, n.d.k said:

Set your shell tool as auxiliary to hide it by default.

I think that's UINT8 is the type OC use to add it to Nvram.

What makes you think so? Seems to me it is being added according to the actual data size read from config.plist. UINT8 range is 0 to 255, it is already used even in the default config with much longer data.

Plus, it works fine to read larger values when I changed it to UINTN.

Edited by Pene

6 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

You meant ResetNvram or CleanNvram?...it's different, one is tool one is not...

I mean cleanNvram.efi in Tools section of the config.plist.

33 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

Okay, I have a question:  Loading Ubuntu 19.10 through Opencore.

I used to be able to load Ubuntu (v.16) via Clover, but can't do it with Opencore.

I installed Ubuntu 19.10, and configured it, and if I boot to it via the BIOS, it loads just fine (with Grub2).   Oddly, when it's loading I see the Asus bios screen display, then it loads.   I wonder what it's doing there.....

But, if I try to load it (this version 19.10 of Ubuntu) via the Opencore menu, I see the Grub screen, then it goes off (purple screen), and thats it.  It never loads.  I never get to a login screen.

It is an issue with OpenRuntime. Take a look:

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/491

Your problem happens with the current code or an older release?

Edited by Pene

5 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

18.04 and 19.10, neither worked.   And, I am loading OpenRuntime.....so I guess I'll have to wait to see if they can get it fixed......

Thanks for that URL!

I was meaning if you are running the latest OpenCore, aka compiled today (either by OpenCore or OpenCore-ndk), or an older version of it?

Just now, meaganmargaret said:

Using NDK's latest version as of three days ago.

Compile again. There were changed regarding that problem today, that fixed it for some of the systems. For mine it is still not fixed though.

35 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

Nah, I'll pass on recompiling....I'll just wait a bit to see if they can work it out further.   Thanks....

Im running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS thru OpenCore. Never had an issue. I just checked again on latest commit . I'm loading it via the custom entry below:

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x17,0x0)/Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,6764064E-FA1D-4FC7-AEF5-C94FAE30F973,0x28,0x64000)/\EFI\ubuntu\grubx64.efi

7 hours ago, Pene said:

What makes you think so? Seems to me it is being added according to the actual data size read from config.plist. UINT8 range is 0 to 255, it is already used even in the default config with much longer data.

Plus, it works fine to read larger values when I changed it to UINTN.

Ok, it's UINTN now, you just have to change the Data type in Config.plist to Number instead to make thing simple.

1526170087_ScreenShot2020-03-30at1_54_05PM.png.334677bc7ceb26dd5086ea83cb75ab19.png

7 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

I mean cleanNvram.efi in Tools section of the config.plist.

Set HideAuxiliary to TRUE, and set individually every custom entries/tools, which you want to be affected by the HideAuxiliary Switch to be Auxiliary (YES/NO). 

Before all tools are hidden by default regardless of the auxiliary setting, with yesterday changes, they are now affected by the Auxiliary switch just like custom entries.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2020 at 4:47 AM, n.d.k said:

Just like any other apps, use tab to cycle through the restart and shutdown.

thanks ndk but restart button also working as a shutdown how to fix it i think this is bug

Edited by anmool
edited

3 hours ago, anmool said:

thanks ndk but restart button also working as a shutdown how to fix it i think this is bug

Is the ResetNvram function working correctly when you use it?..I am using the EDKII reset function, it work fine on my system. If the ResetNram work for you, I can switch to it instead.

11 hours ago, n.d.k said:

Is the ResetNvram function working correctly when you use it?..I am using the EDKII reset function, it work fine on my system. If the ResetNram work for you, I can switch to it instead.

I have ResetNvram function working 100% i tested it

When i press ResetNvram function then my pc restart and clean all stored info from nvram

ResetNvram function worked perfectlly

3 hours ago, anmool said:

I have ResetNvram function working 100% i tested it

When i press ResetNvram function then my pc restart and clean all stored info from nvram

ResetNvram function worked perfectlly

Switch to use reset function from OC now, should solve your restart problem.

• Like 1

Hi there,

Since nobody has ever talked about this.... i guess i missed something again...

waht can possibly generate this in your opinion?

buttons.png.452732597a593832b8621911f0c8a1bd.png

normal butt :)

moseOver.png.5b093fd275b7581453cb0b7cfe294049.png

if i touch ... changes icon 

any idea? 

Edited by LAbyOne

6 hours ago, LAbyOne said:

Hi there,

Since nobody has ever talked about this.... i guess i missed something again...

waht can possibly generate this in your opinion?

buttons.png.452732597a593832b8621911f0c8a1bd.png

normal butt :)

moseOver.png.5b093fd275b7581453cb0b7cfe294049.png

if i touch ... changes icon 

any idea? 

func_selector.png is the image that will display over those icons when your mouse cursor is over it You can create a red circle with 50% to 80% transparency. It will be closed but not exactly like the picture you post.

PS. I think I misunderstood you, you meant the problem you have your mouse over your shutdown icon?...func_selector.png is used for both of those icon when you select it. Did you somehow have func_selector.png look like the your reset button.?

Edited by n.d.k
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, n.d.k said:

func_selector.png is the image that will display over those icons when your mouse cursor is over it You can create a red circle with 50% to 80% transparency. It will be closed but not exactly like the picture you post.

PS. I think I misunderstood you, you meant the problem you have your mouse over your shutdown icon?...func_selector.png is used for both of those icon when you select it. Did you somehow have func_selector.png look like the your reset button.?

@n.d.k

Nope there's no func_selector.png into my Icons, and yes 2nd guess.

When my mouse is over the shutdown icon, then it shows the reset icon

Same thing happen with all themes i made.

PS

Wait. do you mean it needs a blank func_selector.png to avoid that?

PPSS

ok MY BAD!!!!

just had a look into your Icons folder and yes... I messed that one!!!

Sorry for the bother i did not paid attention

Edited by LAbyOne

10 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

@n.d.k

Nope there's no func_selector.png into my Icons, and yes 2nd guess.

When my mouse is over the shutdown icon, then it shows the reset icon

Same thing happen with all themes i made.

PS

Only note i could add is, I actually modified the ndkbootpicker.c and .h but only to reflect HighSierra into os icons. So i doubt it can the cause that strange behaviour

@n.d.k add func_selector.png only 6 days ago.

Capture d’écran 2020-04-02 à 12.56.13.png

@galisrule

Hey i'm gonna sue you for stealing my apple!!!!

wach it !

:)

as i told you i'm quite done with my repository, there you will find lots of ugly themes for opencore and clover as well..

we;; most of them are actually themes I made for Clover and just resized for OC, but they looks fine... (i guess)  :)

and actually i was wondering if releasing a simple script to get them directly, or post the entire build script with options (which was only intended for personal use since OC is still developing and changing constantly, and also because there are so many already out)  well i will think it over a little bit, in the mean time i keep adjusting some graphical glitches..... lol

• Like 1

Hi @n.d.k

Currently your fork restricts OcLoadBooterUefiSupport to only Mac OS X booting.

This is not really right anymore, as some quirks (the most obvious example being the recently introduced SyncRuntimePermissions) are actually meant to fix Linux (or Windows) booting when OpenRuntime is present. For example, I cannot boot Linux without it with OpenRuntime loaded.

When OpenRuntime gets loaded, it already replaces GetVariable(), SetVariable(), and some other RunTime services in the firmware, so some quirks are needed on some firmware to fix the resulting issues.

If you wish to be able to control this, I think you should probably introduce an EnableForAll quirk also for Booter section (currently it exists only for Acpi).

Edited by Pene
  • Like 2