AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. Does anybody use Intel Wifi/Bluetooth workaround on Big Sur here?

I have Wi-Fi working somehow, at least, system is showing me the scan results. Heliport is not working for some reason, saying "itlwm is not running", but it's no different from Catalina. The problem is Bluetooth. I spent many hours trying to find out what the problem is and realised that the problem is actually USB. So, how can I make all USB ports work? I didn't have this problem on Catalina, Bluetooth was working, but now SSDT from that build is not doing any better.

Maybe someone was successful running both BT and WiFi?

• 2 weeks later...

OpenCore 0.6.4 EFI Update (Big Sur Ready), 13th December 2020 

(Use With Bios Revision F11L or Newer)

The EFIs and DSDTs have now been updated to the my latest versions.

Changes made include,

AppleALC 1.5.5,

Lilu 1.5.0,

WhateverGreen 1.4.5,

VirtualSMC 1.1.9,

AirportBrcmFixup 2.1.2,

IntelMausi 1.0.4,

OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.4 (Big Sur Ready),

OpenCanopy is Enabled as Standard,

SSDT-Plug and SSDT-PMC Have been freshly pulled and rewritten using bios F11L,

SSDT-EC-USBX.aml has now been added to the ACPI,

USBPort.kext has been rewritten manually and is now named USBMap.kext and the power tables are now being done via SSDT-EC-USBX instead of directly inside the USB.kext,

Plus other major tweaks and changes to all of the configs

OpenCore EFI Update v0.6.4 - 13/12/2020

OC 064 19,1 Z390 Master EFI 131220.zip - OpenCore v0.6.4, SMBios iMac19,1

OC 064 1,1 Z390 Master EFI 131220.zip - OpenCore v0.6.4, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI FOR THE FIRST TIME, 

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.0. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

PLEASE NOTE - These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked so make sure you use the correct bios settings listed below or use the F11L Unlocked Profile I have provided.

Additional Downloads

Z390AORUSMASTER.F11l.zip  - Aorus Z390 Master Bios Firmware F11L

PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (use to edit OpenCore)

PLEASE NOTE - MSR Unlock is now baked into the BIOS as a setting so you no longer need my bios profile to unlock your MSR.

BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F11L)

Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup

Save & Exit -> Load Optimized Defaults

• Boot -> CFG Lock -> Disabled

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10 WHQL

Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)

Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1

Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled (Disabled If Using SMBios 1,1)

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M

Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB
 Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled

• Settings -> IO Ports -> Super IO Configuration -> Serial Port -> Disabled

• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto

Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled

• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled

Save & Exit  Save & Exit Setup

F11L BIOS Profile With MSR Unlocked & All The Correct Settings Dialled in for you - The Easy Way 

I have made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

Default F11L.zip - Use with Bios Revision F11L ONLY

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked and all the correct settings will be dialled in for you.

SORRY ITS LATE EVERYBODY.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I've bought a BCM94360CD (Fenvi FV-T919) and I have problems with sleep. If I connect the USB to internal it sleeps 1 second and wake up instantly.

I've tried with Clover and Opencore with your latest EFI. I've also upgrade the firmware of the BIOS (11L) and unlocked MSR.

What can I do?

Thank you very much!

2 hours ago, luckas said:

Hello!

I've bought a BCM94360CD (Fenvi FV-T919) and I have problems with sleep. If I connect the USB to internal it sleeps 1 second and wake up instantly.

I've tried with Clover and Opencore with your latest EFI. I've also upgrade the firmware of the BIOS (11L) and unlocked MSR.

What can I do?

Thank you very much!

Hello

In System/Preferences Energy Saver: disabled both Wake for network access, and Power Nap

In Terminal, run log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason", which it confirms or not it's the internal USB header that's causing the wake issues.

Edited by Matgen84

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hello

In System/Preferences Energy Saver: disabled both Wake for network access, and Power Nap

In Terminal, run log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason", which it confirms or not it's the internal USB header that's causing the wake issues.

Thank you for your answer.

After disabled WOL and Power Nap the log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason" is:

2020-12-20 18:04:02.990807+0100  localhost powerd[75]: [powerd:sleepWake] Wake reason: "<private>"  identity: "<private>"
2020-12-20 18:04:23.037537+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
2020-12-20 18:04:23.037538+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
2020-12-20 18:44:03.497540+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XHC
2020-12-20 18:44:03.497540+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XHC

18 minutes ago, luckas said:

Thank you for your answer.

After disabled WOL and Power Nap the log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason" is:

2020-12-20 18:04:02.990807+0100  localhost powerd[75]: [powerd:sleepWake] Wake reason: "<private>"  identity: "<private>"
2020-12-20 18:04:23.037537+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
2020-12-20 18:04:23.037538+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

Do you try to connect your Fenvi card on a different internal USB header (there are two ports on this motherboard) ? Note:  HS12 is disable with @AudioGod USBMap.kext. For the RTC Alarm, I don't know.

39 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Do you try to connect your Fenvi card on a different internal USB header (there are two ports on this motherboard) ? Note:  HS12 is disable with @AudioGod USBMap.kext. For the RTC Alarm, I don't know.

Yes, I've tried to the other internal USB header, and the result is the same. I use the USBMap.kext that it's inside the EFI from @AudioGod.

Is it possible to disable wake up from one USB?

20 minutes ago, luckas said:

Yes, I've tried to the other internal USB header, and the result is the same. I use the USBMap.kext that it's inside the EFI from @AudioGod.

Is it possible to disable wake up from one USB?

I don't think so.
Try this USBMap.kext is a little bit different ! 

USBMap.kext.zip

26 minutes ago, luckas said:

This USBMap.kext wake up also...

I'll try to connect the usb cable in an external usb with an adapter. May be it works...

Disable the kext airportfixup, restart the system and clear your nvram twice and try again.

If that don’t work then Im not sure as many people are using that rubbish combo card on here with my EFI and most use it trouble free. 
I personally do not endorse the T919. Never have and never will.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hello Everybody, I just wanted to update you lot about a few things.

I have now moved away from Intel and im running a AMD build so I will no longer be able to delve deep into the inner workings of the Z390 platform so for this reason I am going to make my next EFI update my last. I will keep the threads open and continue supporting whenever I can but with the way things are now and the M1 Apple products out there it’s all abit pointless in my eyes. I want better gpu performance then my 5700xt has to offer and I’m sorry but for all the people thinking Big Navi will work one day with Big Sur well I believe your all dreaming cos I don’t think it’s going to happen. Why would Apple do anything more with Intel or AMD when they are moving away from them? You can’t integrate Arm and a discrete GPU so why would Apple release drivers for big Navi now?

Even with my Ryzen platform I am having to cut corners for it to work properly with macOS. Like for instance I’m using a Gigabyte X570 Pro in my build yet I also have a Ultra and a Master both sitting here that are both much better boards but I use the Pro cos it works the best in hackintosh land. I would much rather have the Mastsr or Ultra as my board and a 6800Xt or 3080 as my GPU. I also own a M1 Mac Mini and like it enough to happily use it for the stuff I do in MacOS, It’s not the monster that people like to pretend it is and I can make it hit it’s limit easily but using it it’s plain to see that it’s a game changer and will only get better in time (quickly). 

Lastly the thread EFI’s are perfect so once a new version of OpenCore is released you can update to it very easily yourselves and use a sanity checker to make sure all your changes are right.

Im not disappearing and the thread is still here and there’s one more EFI update to come from me yet,

It’s been a roller coaster of a year hasn’t it people?

Stay safe and stay happy, have a lovely Christmas (as much as you can do) and next year things will hopefully get better for us all.

Merry Christmas

AG :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Bro no one can fault you on your choice, you and MaLd0N been one he££ of a mentor to me and others to say the least. Thank you, stay safe and I whole heartily wish you and yours an enjoyable Festive Season and a rewarding productive New Year. Best Wishes Si.

• Like 4

On 12/24/2020 at 1:29 PM, AudioGod said:

Lastly the thread EFI’s are perfect so once a new version of OpenCore is released you can update to it very easily yourselves and use a sanity checker to make sure all your changes are right.

Im not disappearing and the thread is still here and there’s one more EFI update to come from me yet,

It’s been a roller coaster of a year hasn’t it people?

Stay safe and stay happy, have a lovely Christmas (as much as you can do) and next year things will hopefully get better for us all.

Merry Christmas

AG :) 

Moving forward from AG's next, and final, update to OC 0.6.5, if you want to update your own config.plist then you can use THIS tool to list changes that you need to make to your config file. You just drag your current config file and the new sample.plist file when asked at the appropriate place in the running terminal window. The tool will then list any new fields you need to add or remove or change in your config. Very simple to use and it makes sure you don't miss anything.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help with this build AudioGod.  Having almost the same build it made the switch easy peasy and still runs fine. Keeping it on Mojave though.

edit: thanks to ALL who helped to answer our questions.

Edited by decat
  • Like 2

So the other week I got totally sick of the crappy range that my native WiFi / Bluetooth card was giving., it wasn’t to bad but it wasn’t great so I went onto good old Amazon and ordered a replacement antenna and oh my word what a difference it makes.

Before range was limited to a few metres and super directional so if I was say on my couch using the hack via my 75inch Samsung QLED sickness I would find my Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, Xbox controller and AirPod pros would be choppy and yucky but now with the replacement antenna setup so you can’t see it but it’s about 2 meters up from the floor I now can not make the Bluetooth signal fail. I can even go into other rooms in my house and everything still works perfectly. Best Bluetooth and WiFi connection I’ve seen in my house ever. I can’t recommend replacing the cheap crappy aerials that they supply with a pcie adaptor or the fenvi range enough, infact I would say it should be replaced as standard. (that’s how big the difference is)

This is the one to get, I’m sure there are others that work just as well but this one is tried tested and working way beyond what I expected.

Eightwood External Wifi Antenna 2.4G / 5.8G Dual Frequency Magnetic Base 6dBi with RP-SMA Adapter Extension Cable 2m Compatible for Wifi Camera Wifi Card WLAN PCI Cards Wirelesse Wifi Router Bluetooth
by RFSolution
Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078X55HSD/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_6dh7FbX4VAVGK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

For under £20 Sterling you seriously can’t go wrong guys. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

So the other week I got totally sick of the crappy range that my native WiFi / Bluetooth card

Hi B I take it you're talking about the Intel WIFI/BT card - I am still using the Apple Card in my rig, would love to free up that slot on the board.

@AudioGod It's a good solution for my Fenvi. How to go from 4 antennas (3 for wifi, 1 for bluetooth) for Fenvi  to 2 antennas, that is the question. The external antennas, that's the choice Asus made with my PCE-AC68: better signal. :)

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Hi B I take it you're talking about the Intel WIFI/BT card - I am still using the Apple Card in my rig, would love to free up that slot on the board.

No I’m talking about any WiFi/BT card be in internal Intel or one pulled out of a Apple Rig. 

55 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@AudioGod It's a good solution for my Fenvi. How to go from 4 antennas (3 for wifi, 1 for bluetooth) for Fenvi  to 2 antennas, that is the question. The external antennas, that's the choice Asus made with my PCE-AC68: better signal. :)

You need one with more antennas if it’s something like a T919 say. There’s plenty to choose from out there. I recommend the one I have simply because its tried and tested for over a week and I’m blown away by its performance but yes it’s for a dual antenna setup only.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

You need one with more antennas if it’s something like a T919 say. There’s plenty to choose from out there. I recommend the one I have simply because its tried and tested for over a week and I’m blown away by its performance but yes it’s for a dual antenna setup only.

@AudioGod This is not my question. I am sure this Eightwood dual antenna is excellent. To connect it to the Fenvi, I have to use only 2 RP-Sma connectors. That's it !
Does the Eightwood support bluetooth. This is my other question.

5 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@AudioGod This is not my question. I am sure this Eightwood dual antenna is excellent. To connect it to the Fenvi, I have to use only 2 RP-Sma connectors. That's it !
Does the Eightwood support bluetooth. This is my other question.

Yes totally, Bluetooth is the reason for me getting it tbh. I don’t use WiFi at all as I’m wired wherever I can be. I’ve never had range like I do now, I live in a basement flat and the walls are solid brick and about a metre thick with no partitions and my signal is getting from one end of the house to the other. (I put my AirPod pros on and walked out of my front door and up a flight of stairs before I got break up. (About 30metres maybe more and a good few brick walls)

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1